PDA

View Full Version : Snake gone or not (MGS3)

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:29 AM
What do you think koonami will do with MGS3 do you think they will get rid of snake and use raiden as the main character throughout the whole game or do you think they will keep snake in the game since liquid is now back.

Rei
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:03 AM
I don't think Konami will get rid of Snake and choose Raiden instead.
Knowing the ending of MGS2 there are more possibility that Raiden will not be back in MGS3, while it's nearly certain there will be Snake.

*spoilers*

Raiden's presence in MGS2 was motivated mainly by the presence of Solidus. Their relationship was, as it has been said, similar to the one of Snake with Big Boss. So, being Solidus dead at the end of MGS2, I don't think there is great motivation to have Raiden as main character in MGS3. While we still have to see what's going to happen between Solid and Liquid (arm or not :D).

MakgSnake
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Well, I Just Know That Snake Will Be Back In MGS3, There Are Alot Of Questions Which Are Unanswered. And Snake Himself Mentions That He'll Take Care Of Everything (Olga's Son And All) And He Also Has To Deal With Him Perfect Nightmare (Liquid Snake).

But I Have A Feeling That Raiden Will Be Back Too. I Dont Think He'll Be Playable... But He Will be There.

As I Said Before, Meryl Will Return And Most Probably As A Playable Character!.! I Hope!.!

I Guess Thats It!.! but THen Again, In This Video game Industry, Anything Is Possible!

Soul Angel
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:24 PM
I think you'll probably see Solid Snake back in MGS3 but it would be nice to see Raiden make a come back also IMO

I mean maybe Raiden could be under Snake's supervision and to learn from him, so he can take over from Snake when the time comes for no more Solid Snake in the MGS series

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:27 PM
At the end of mgs2 it just seems like snake is going to play a really important role in the next game.I think he will be playable and we'll see more of him in the next one

merylsilverburg
Mar 12th, 2002, 07:07 PM
If Snake is gone in MGS3, I'm gonna be one pissed chick. :mad: It was pretty bad enough we didn't get to play him in MGS2, but if they completely make him disappear....you know....that's not even possible. Snake will play an important role in the next installment, because he should be the one to answer all our questions. (Hopefully Meryl will be back too!) But, if they make an MGS4....then I guess it's more reasonable if Snake doesn't return.

Mercury Shadow
Mar 12th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Snake is classic, they've gotta put him back in... Raiden is cool, but he's too... well, he's not a badass like Snake.

BlackThornn
Mar 12th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Who'd we play in MGS4, though? Liquid? :D *got the impression that Raiden was retiring from killing at the end of MGS2*

merylsilverburg
Mar 12th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Liquid? Ha, that's a good one.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 12th, 2002, 08:58 PM
Yes bring back Liquid,testify Blackthorn.............. testify!

BlackThornn
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:43 PM
Lol, Sssnake. :)

Seriously. They do need to keep liquid. And in more than just an arm, too. Have liquid's controlling ocelot be all but total, and he'd get.... like, plastic surgery or something. :D

(Btw.. I think it would kick ass to have a couple of versions of the story. IE, if Meryl's in it, you'd need to beat the game as Snake.. then you could play it from Meryl's point of view, maybe even have Otacon as a playable...! .... *laughs* ..or maybe not. )

merylsilverburg
Mar 13th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Oh hey...I like that idea. Different points of view from the different characters. That is, if there's returning characters, like Meryl. New character's point of view wouldn't be bad either.

jenova_jeb
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:10 PM
I'm guessing they'll make Solid Snake the playable character in MGS3, and give Raiden a role like the one Snake had in MGS2.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Truthfully i would like to see both characters playable.I think konami should make the next installment like RE2 where you play through with one person and the go through again with another person and accomplish different tasks

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 15th, 2002, 11:58 AM
That would be cool.

Reid
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:40 PM
I think Snake will probably be the main character in the next MGS, but I wouldn't mind seeing Raiden again too.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:14 AM
Yea i wouldn't mind seeing raiden in the next one either but i think that snake should be the main focus in the next one