PDA

View Full Version : Important information about GTA Miami....

BlackThornn
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:30 PM
---taken from http://www.gta3.com/ ---

GTA: Miami - Nothing but Speculation
Posted by DigitalD at 18:10 | Print | 26 Comments

At the "PlayStation Meeting 2002" one of the hottest titles of the year, coming out in Winter, was rumored to be GTA: Miami. Everyone was very excited, and so naturally all the major news sites didn't think once before posting the news on their sites. SonyWeb.com was equally exicted, and decided to contact Rockstar for more information.

Rockstar, however, sadly responded that the rumors flying around the net about GTA: Miami were nothing but rumors. I can't express how disappointed I am.

Thanks to SonyWeb.com for hunting down the truth.

=====

Man.. all I can say about this is...... @#$(@&#%&!#!(@#*@#($&! *takes a deep breath, letting it out as a sigh* My question is.. what source could have been credible enough to start this rumor? I mean, it fooled all the fansites, and a bunch of actual gaming sites as well.. geeze..

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 11th, 2002, 04:54 PM
So its just a big rumor.Damn i was really expecting that game.

Mercury Shadow
Mar 11th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Damn man... that sucks, Miami sounded awesome... well, are the GTA crew still making a game for late 2002 early 2003?

BlackThornn
Mar 11th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
Damn man... that sucks, Miami sounded awesome... well, are the GTA crew still making a game for late 2002 early 2003?

GTA 4 has been confirmed by rockstar, probably to be out around 3rd quarter 2003.

Mercury Shadow
Mar 11th, 2002, 06:20 PM
AHHH! 3rd quarter of 2003???? man... that could be 1 1/2 or even 2 years from now because of delays :shock:

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 11th, 2002, 06:51 PM
All I have to say is.....Damn!

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Well now GTA 4 will be cool but the wait is gonna suck.

trunks69420
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:09 PM
The wait will suck, but look at how long we waited for GTA3...
If the wait for GTA4 takes that long than we know it will be worth it.

Still I dont wanna wait either:frust:

BlackThornn
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:47 PM
UPDATE: Rockstar has said that there is no GTA Miami in the works.. but rumblings have been travelling through the forums about a GTA: VC (Vice City). Those of you who played the first Grand Theft Auto will remember Vice City as a fictional copy of Miami the same way Liberty City was a copy of New York.

This has not been confirmed, and in practice I've found it better to not get one's hopes up (Better to be suprised than dissapointed). But I thought y'all should know the latest.

merylsilverburg
Mar 24th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Man, am I late in the game, or what? I must've missed this thread earlier....anyway, that sucks. I was all looking forward to GTA:Miami because I also heard it was in the works. Ah...oh well. But, GTA:VC sounds pretty cool (if it's for real).

BlackThornn
Mar 24th, 2002, 09:43 PM
Rockstar's lineup for fall and winter of this year is...

A new Midnight Club game

MTV Celebrity Deathmatch

Grand Theft Auto 3 (PC)

A new Grand Theft Auto game

That last bit is what makes me think that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is actual. "Miami" wasn't in the works, but it's mockup probably was.. all the rumors and subsequent denials is very likely to have been a PR trick. :D

BowevelJoe
Mar 25th, 2002, 07:56 AM
bah, i wish they would hurry up and come out with GTA4, they had lots of stuff to improve on..like AI lol

Mercury Shadow
Mar 25th, 2002, 08:58 AM
haha, Rockstar is making a celebrity deathmatch? That's great. But are the characters going to be all clay-mation like on the MTV show?

I think they should add the funniest people possible
Rosie O'Donnald VS. Oprah Winfrey
Hitler VS. Martha Stuart

merylsilverburg
Mar 26th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow

Hitler VS. Martha Stuart

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What would be cool is to see Hitler VS. Stalin.....:laugh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Ultimate matchup is this one

Pillsbury doughboy vs. The hamburger helper glove............let the mayhem begin.

merylsilverburg
Mar 26th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Holy cow! That would be a great match! I'm rooting for the Dough Boy....I like his "Whoohoo" when you poke his stomach. :laugh:

Reid
Mar 26th, 2002, 10:27 PM
But the Hamburger Helper glove could slap him silly.

I mean, he's all hand!

:D

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 26th, 2002, 11:44 PM
Ok maybe its just me but it seems as tho this subject has gone way off course lol

BlackThornn
Mar 26th, 2002, 11:49 PM
Good point! :laugh:

The glove would lay the smackdown on that pudgy bastid though. :D

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:07 AM
yea your right

merylsilverburg
Mar 27th, 2002, 09:25 PM
Poor Pillsbury Dough Boy...don't worry! I still support you! *begins to bake Pillsbury foods* :laugh:

Mercury Shadow
Mar 27th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

Pillsbury doughboy vs. The hamburger helper glove............let the mayhem begin.

ahahaha, that would be so great. Dougboy laughs too much, he isn't tough enough, but now the hamburger helper glove... phew :evil: tough as nails

Meryl, Hitler VS. Stalin would be a good one, but then again, they're both dead :D so it'd have to be a resident evil like zombie fight!

merylsilverburg
Mar 27th, 2002, 10:03 PM
Yeah, but Merc.....how would you explain your "Hitler VS Martha Stewart" match? Hitler's also dead in this one too....:laugh:

Hey, if the Doughboy gets the smackdown...don't worry....he'll "rise" again! :laugh: Ehh....corny, I know....:heh:

Mercury Shadow
Mar 27th, 2002, 10:51 PM
haha, rise again... pretty clever meryl ;)

ehhh... Martha Stewart is the devil and she can summon Hitler to become alive again so she can finish him off with her Butcher knife :) I can see it now, Martha, in the ring with blood dripping from her mouth and meat all over her hands... ready to kill.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 27th, 2002, 11:00 PM
Martha stewart vs.Barbra walters and rosie ol'donell vs tom arnold.

BlackThornn
Mar 28th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Isn't there a thread for vs. stuff in Gen chat? *blinksblinks*

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 28th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Yea there was but for some reason this one has become the new home of that old thread