PDA

View Full Version : Why the invisible?

Meiko
May 5th, 2004, 08:02 PM
I don't know if it's the right place to post this, but I was wondering why people, I mean in which cases, would need to use the invisible mode.. why wouldn't they want to let others know they're around? So is there any other particular use for this feature? :confused:

Nelo Angelo
May 5th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Because it > you.

Some people just don't want the others to see that they're online for their own reasons.

My reason is that...Who cares if I'm on? =P

merylsilverburg
May 5th, 2004, 09:02 PM
I really don't know, but I would agree with Nelo's reason...they might have their own reason to not want to let anyone know they're around. :)

Hyuuga Neji
May 6th, 2004, 05:28 PM
If they get massive amounts of im's when they are shown on-line and don't feel like dealing with it, they can use the invisible mode to throw us all off their track :P

goodman
May 6th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Ahhh, Ancient Chinese Secret........

Pu the Owl
May 8th, 2004, 02:49 PM
In general I think one chooses to be invisible when for a reason or another there isn't the possibility to reply to others contacting this person. For example, if you log in only to check a thread but have no time to reply to messages or start a conversation with some other member in private, you can choose to be invisible.

I've also seen people who are under invisible mode because they are "cowards": I'm referring to those people leaving the forums with harsh words or that before leaving offended somebody, then they come back but decide to be invisible to make others think they really left as they said. They clearly don't want to appear like the ones who are coming back after all... But they don't think about the fact admins can see them ;)