PDA

View Full Version : will there be a hard drive?

talon101
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:09 PM
:peoples: :peoples: Is there a hard drive we can get for our ps2 thats like Xbox
So theres no loading, save songs on it, download stuff for games
and be able to save games on the ps2 without memory card?:peoples: :peoples:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Yeah its coming out pretty soon.Its spose to be 30gb.

talon101
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:55 PM
i hope it will make ps2 better than xbox!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:00 PM
It should be better than the xbox's drive.I mean its larger why wouldnt it be better right.Well i dont know what options your going to get when you have the hard drive installed but i hope you'll beable to rip music

talon101
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:37 AM
yea i hope u can rip too.
i heard it was 40gb
in a fue places

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Theres a new feature for the HD that might make buying games a thing of the past.The hd might have the ability to copy the game to the HD and then play it there making the load times shorter and you dont have to play with the cd.

busty
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:59 PM
"Theres a new feature for the HD that might make buying games a thing of the past.The hd might have the ability to copy the game to the HD and then play it there making the load times shorter and you dont have to play with the cd."

Man if that was true ppl would not buy games nomore i mean u can get youre friends game or something and just install it right:laugh:?

Spank-A-Thon
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Yes there is a hard drive coming. However, features such as save files and CD rips will be dependent on the software for the HD unit.

And yes, you may in future be able to 'install' a game to the HD - but you can bet your ass that you will still need the disc to play, just like most PC games.

There is no way in hell SONY are going to introduce a feature in their hardware that allows you to run games without the disc! SONY make money off each game sold - that's why you'll need to have bought the game.

- S

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 17th, 2002, 10:00 PM
Ok thanx for clearing some of that up.Atleast the new HD will have rips.

talon101
Mar 21st, 2002, 12:13 AM
still thats pretty cool how u can install games!!

:shock:

DEADPOOL623
Mar 24th, 2002, 03:15 AM
I heard that you would be able to download demos and buy games online which you could install to the HD. If that's true, then I'd have less problems with storage space in my room. ;)

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 24th, 2002, 05:37 PM
yea that would be really cool.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Of_NoTiNg
I went on a Xbox forum awhile ago,and there was a tread 30gb HD for ps2 and people were saying thats to big for a HD.I think thats stupid:roll:

Saying that doesn't even make sense:roll:

Soul Angel
Apr 5th, 2002, 08:07 PM
In my OPS2 magazine it says that the Hard Drive is going to be 40GB and not 30GB
Either way both will have alot of memory for you to save stuff and download things etc :)