PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Final Fantasy.

BlackThornn
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:14 AM
I'm sorry if there is another thread like this already in the forum; my eyes are getting sore at this point. ^_^ If there is, just reply with a link and I'll go there.. but I'm just curious.... Which do you think is the best Final Fantasy game?

Personally, I think it's VIII. The storyline was fantastic (I dun care what anybody says.. it was!) the characters were dynamic and believable, the soundtrack was great (Vithos, lusec, vithos, vilosec.. *degenerates into singing*), the graphics were very good for the time.. add to that it was the first one to use person shaped models.. (evil superdeformed characters.. evil..) ...I could go on a long time on reasons why, but I don't want to bore you all to insanity.. :)

x157anz
Mar 10th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Well half of them was nor releasedin the uk :disturb:

And i only have FF7 but i have played FF9 and im buying FF6 today hopefully. So i would have to say FF6 :p

IcyMourdor
Mar 10th, 2002, 10:57 AM
FFT is one of the best strategy RPGs of all-time. The soundtrack is great and the replay value is high.

A great story keeps the player playing throughout the game.

FFT is a great game for any person who likes RPGs.

Soul Angel
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:09 AM
From out of the FF games which I've played, which are FF6 - 9
I have to say FFVII is the best!
Its got a great storyline and plot to it, it also has some wonderful characters in it as well :)

kupoartist
Mar 10th, 2002, 02:08 PM
FFVI is, and will forever be my favorite. Offically (as in the vast majority of people in FF only forums say so) FFVI is the greatest, with FFVII in second place. Personally I like FFVI for its characters (They are amusing, have diverse abilities, there are many of them and there is no lead character, unless you count Terra or Celes, which is even better because Girls are fundamentally better than Guys!) its Soundtrack (no other FF had such a balanced selection, its hard to pick a tune I hate...) Its Storyline. (which branches off, has many more sidequests and is really gripping) and its villan (though not my favorite semi-cross dressing FF villan begining with K, he's still great!)

As for the most disliked FF, that is either FFV (the villian was a tree. the characters were uninspiring, etc.) or FFVIII (which is a strange one really, and the equivalant of Marmite in FFs in that you either love it or you hate it. - me, I like it. don't like marmite too much though...)

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:22 AM
X is my favorite, good story, liked the characters (Auron) all around good game, and plus I'm a sucker for graphics.

VIII- I'm in the middle of it's all right...but Seifer is the man

-I want VI!! I can't find it though...

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 11th, 2002, 10:00 AM
FF VII was my favorite for some reason it just kept me playin and that was the first one i went after as many of the side missions as possible. But i also really like FF X too its a really good game also.

Spirit
Mar 11th, 2002, 01:30 PM
I voted for 7, since I just think it's the best overall. I like FFX better, but I think ffVII deserves the top spot =P

BlackThornn
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Spirit
I voted for 7, since I just think it's the best overall. I like FFX better, but I think ffVII deserves the top spot =P

FFVII was a very good title, and I'm sure that most of us were influenced by it heavily. (I know it did, me. Partially because I was younger and got more into it), but it's about what you think the best is.

I'm dissapointed to see FFVIII trailing so much, though.. It really did have one of the best plots (and themes) to it.. plus the characters were very dynamic; *SPOILER for those that haven't beaten it!* Squall was a completely different person by the end of the game.. and it took you through that process gradually.. no offense to the FFVII fans but I always thought Cloud's sudden "Oh.. I'm actually a coward that never went far in SOLDIER" was kind of a cop-out.. an instant twist. An interesting one, but still instant. ^_^

jenova_jeb
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Final Fantasy X. I really loved that one more than any of the others, though they're all amazing. :cool:

Macceh^
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Ive played most of the series now wether it be through roms or the actual original, but in my experience FF7 was the best due to the fact it was revolutionary (allthough seems rather dated now) it had a gripping epic storyline full of twists and turns, interestign characters and an emotional aspect in the form of aeris and cloud.

FF8 i thought was godo but like many felt it wasnt as great storyline wise it was amazing and graphically, Squall isnt the "dick" everyone thinks he is if you pay attention to the story you ntoice as the agme progresses he comes out of his shell alot, from the young man afraid of commitment due to troubled past to a more open emotional character. Lets face it FF8 was a love story so perhaps this is a reaosn many people didnt like it just my opinion thought. I didnt liek it basically i jsut didnt lke the whole junction system.

FF6 which im currently working my way through is amazing, i admit when i first started to play it the storyline seemed rather thin and there wasnt much going on to keep me interested but as i got furtehr the characters develoepd and so did the plot. I mean the opera scene was just outstanding.

FF9 great game too short i felt interesting characters and a ncie plot with a very different time span to the previous psx titles.

Well thats my views in cocnlusion FF7 i think for me :) Couldnt get into FFT! :D

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 15th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Oh welcome Meccah...anyway I agree...I'm halfway through VIII and I can't stand the battle system or junctioning...I've seen those damn GF movies too many times!!

I really want 6, but can't find it!!

jenova_jeb
Mar 15th, 2002, 08:18 PM
I agree, VIII's battle system is the worst. I'm playing it right now as well.

So far, I've played and beaten IV, VII, IX and X. I'm almost to the 3rd disc on VIII. Next stop, FFanthology :cool: .

BlackThornn
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:05 PM
The FFVIII systems just need practice with to work. If you guys need help just ask me. ^_^ Also, like I told Sword, Jeb, if it's your first time through you should start over so you can get the stuff you missed. It makes the battle system work alot better to have full stocks of spells to junction with, and the items you need to remodel your weapons.

jenova_jeb
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:34 AM
Right when I started I got 99 (or close to it) of every spell available to me, and haven't gotten anywhere near using them up. There's NO WAY I'm starting over. I've spent over 20 hours, and have to many other games to play without messing around with a game I've already played half way through. If I had to start over, I'd just quit altogether...

kupoartist
Mar 16th, 2002, 09:12 AM
hehe.. once again i'm just about the only one who just dosen't get why FFVII is so damned popular. True it's a great game, but it never really seems to excell at all... In the end I felt that the Storyline was only semi-gripping, only with the few decent side stories and cloud's past did it really hold on... (the basis ended up in FF:TSW, which has a hyper-average storyline...)Characters were a mix of great (Cloud, Cid, Aeris, Barret) the Ok-ish (Tifa - Breasts do not make a heroine, a decent back-story and scenes with the love intrest do. Her relationship with Cloud was SO weak...) and the just down right terrible (Cait-Sith - most hated FF character ever, and Yuffie - pointless, un-amusing and just plain crap...).
I often feel the gameplay is lacking as well: there seems so much left out of there and at times its suprisingly buggy. Worst thing was the summons, which are several thousand times to long, when you DON'T use Quadra Magic and/or W-Summon...
Oh and they killed Wedge Biggs and Jessie :shock:

On the plus side, it had a set of decent villans (Shinra and the turks particuarly. Sephy aint that great IMO)

I actually like FFVII a fair bit. Like all FF's its great; but It seems too flawed to be the best.

Ah well, perhaps its just because I ddn't play it close to release and had the privaliege of playing the rest before it. Either that ot i'm just Dumb. :)