PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes EGM review

Daedaelus
Feb 24th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Definetly not what I was expecting (GOTM, all 10s).

The game got an 8, 9, and 8.5 from EGM.

...the levels were designed around the old A.I.; the relatively small rooms and lack of hiding places make getting away [from the new, smarter A.I.] overly difficult.

Here is another interesting quote, which I hope is not true:

The ability to shoot in first-person view is another welcome feature, but it spoils the challenge of a few sections and completely ruins at least one boss battle.

Oh well... I'm getting it anyway.

Dark Angel
Feb 25th, 2004, 09:50 AM
*rocks back and forth*

Need Gamecube.Need Gamecube.Need Gamecube.

But is it surprising to see EGM give that kind of score?

kupoartist
Feb 25th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Daedaelus all 10s).
do EGM give out such scores? if yes, discount anything they say, because only an idiot (or worse... a mindless fanperson) would ever give a game a full ten out of ten. To say something gets full marks is to say that its perfect: no game is perfect, because if it is, it isn't for long.

8, 9 and 8.5 sound VERY respectable to me...

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 25th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by kupoartist

do EGM give out such scores? if yes, discount anything they say, because only an idiot (or worse... a mindless fanperson) would ever give a game a full ten out of ten. To say something gets full marks is to say that its perfect: no game is perfect, because if it is, it isn't for long.

8, 9 and 8.5 sound VERY respectable to me...

I think Halo got all 10's from that magazine.

Vic Viper
Feb 25th, 2004, 01:39 PM
^ yep, Vice City also scored all 10s on EGM..

Definetly not what I was expecting

same here, but oh well i dont pay much attention to their review anyway.. this game will be mine.. two more weeks, cant wait !!:ghost: :cool:

merylsilverburg
Feb 26th, 2004, 04:14 AM
And I believe the original Metal Gear for the PS1 got all 10's as well. Anyway, I also read the EGM article and I was kinda surprised about what they said too, but not too much. After all, it's kinda true if you think about it (especially the Revolver Ocelot battle).

Infernal Mass
Mar 2nd, 2004, 05:34 PM
I wonder what famitsu will give the game?

Vic Viper
Mar 3rd, 2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Infernal Mass

I wonder what famitsu will give the game?

well this is not from famitsu but from the other Japanese mag Dorimaga.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GC, Konami): 8 / 9 / 10 / 8 - Total 8,75;)

Vic Viper
Mar 4th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Twin Snake T.V. commercial, not sure whether this is a japanese or korean commercial anyway go watch it. (http://www.videogamerx.net/bbs/view.php?id=vx01&no=5106) ;)

merylsilverburg
Mar 4th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Vic Viper

Twin Snake T.V. commercial, not sure whether this is a japanese or korean commercial anyway go watch it. (http://www.videogamerx.net/bbs/view.php?id=vx01&no=5106) ;)

The commercial's pretty cool. :D Oh and it's Korean.

Vic Viper
Mar 5th, 2004, 03:12 PM
there are 3 more commercials available for dl on the japanese Twin Snake website. (http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mgs_tts/japanese/down_index.html) ;)

MakgSnake
Mar 6th, 2004, 09:06 PM
I have noticed that TWIN SNAKES is not getting the best of reviews... not to say that its getting bad reviews, but getting lower then the AVERAGE Metal Gear Score.

GameInformer gave it a 9.25. Which is pretty cool. And I can understand why its not getting the best of reveiws. I mean, common, they didn't even work on the "Codec" calls, its exact replica from the Playstation version. Thats just sad. I mean, they should have made that full 3D. And SHOULD have added new places and hiding spots and stuff like that.

Just what RESIDENT EVIL did........ it was a remake, but had so many new rooms and stuff. Twin Snakes doesn't have that.

But, I am going nuts over it anyway. .................. Seriously.

Daedaelus
Mar 7th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I have noticed that TWIN SNAKES is not getting the best of reviews... not to say that its getting bad reviews, but getting lower then the AVERAGE Metal Gear Score.

GameInformer gave it a 9.25. Which is pretty cool. And I can understand why its not getting the best of reveiws. I mean, common, they didn't even work on the "Codec" calls, its exact replica from the Playstation version. Thats just sad. I mean, they should have made that full 3D. And SHOULD have added new places and hiding spots and stuff like that.

Just what RESIDENT EVIL did........ it was a remake, but had so many new rooms and stuff. Twin Snakes doesn't have that.

But, I am going nuts over it anyway. .................. Seriously.

I can kinda understand why it isn't getting great reviews... after all, the game is, in fact, nothing more than a straight port. Sure SK added some elements from MGS2, but Twin Snakes is still just a port. I'm still hyped though... :D

Vic Viper
Mar 9th, 2004, 01:22 AM
ign (http://cube.ign.com/articles/497/497319p1.html?fromint=1) gave it an 8.5.

not bad.:cool:

Vic Viper
Mar 9th, 2004, 12:29 PM
lamespot review (http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/metalgearworkingtitle/index.html) 8.1

anyway, anyone have the game yet ?? getting mine tomorrow:ghost:

Vic Viper
Mar 9th, 2004, 01:13 PM
**i mean 8.2 on gamespot** :roll:

Beretta55
Mar 10th, 2004, 05:58 PM
I just got back from picking up the twin snakes :D
i'm going to go play it pretty soon, this is my newest gamecube game i have gotten since last march:laugh:

Vic Viper
Mar 10th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Beretta55

I just got back from picking up the twin snakes :D
i'm going to go play it pretty soon, this is my newest gamecube game i have gotten since last march:laugh:

cool, hurry back for some impression will ya ..;) im suppose to get my copy today but my local gamespot said they'll be getting the copies tomorrow.:frust:

Beretta55
Mar 11th, 2004, 01:54 AM
I can sum this game up with two words.........Teh awesome:laugh:

I'm really enjoying it i have seen the original MGS beaten but that was when it first released. So i really dont remember too much about this game. It may be a port with updated graphics and added MGS2 elements but its still alot of fun and worth 40 dollars to me in my book. I've clocked about 2 hours into it and i have barely just begun to scratch the surface of this game.....well im going to go play it now;)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 11th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Yeah I just got my copy today, even though I was spose to have it yesterday. So far I am in love with this game. Everything they have done is excellent. I don't care what the reviews say. In my book this game gets a 10.

Vic Viper
Mar 11th, 2004, 06:20 PM
i finally got the game, and i agree with both of you the game is excellent.:ghost: :cool:

but did you guys notice some of the characters seems to have lost their accent, naomi, nastasha, and mei ling. i guess it make sense for mei ling since she was born and raise here in the U.S. but the other two ? why ? why ? why ?:peoples:

merylsilverburg
Mar 11th, 2004, 09:18 PM

but did you guys notice some of the characters seems to have lost their accent, naomi, nastasha, and mei ling. i guess it make sense for mei ling since she was born and raise here in the U.S. but the other two ? why ? why ? why ?:peoples:

Yeah and it pisses me off. What the f*ck is up with that? The new Naomi is done by the same voice actor as Meryl and there's no English accent whatsoever. Mei Ling doesn't have her Asian accent and now she sounds like a friggin' airhead. Oh sure, maybe she was born and raised in the US, but hell, I prefer the accent.

Well, my impressions of the game is very different from all 3 of you who said it's great. I would say I'd give it an 7 or 8 out of 10 because I really am picky about certain things so a lot of the new elements in the game just doesn't make me satisfied.

Pros:
Graphics are fantastic, I must admit. It is very crisp and clear and made things (objects, people, doors, etc.) a lot easier to see. The weather effects like the wind and snow, snow on the ground, oil spills, footprints are very nice. There's no complaints here.

The briefing was re-done and are pretty interesting to watch now, unlike the original game where it mostly consists of still drawings with a few changes depending on the response and expression.

Some of the new things, like hanging off the ledges or collecting dog tags (which I forgot about, so I'm going to have to play the beginning again :laugh: ), were really a welcome change especially since the game is somewhat more difficult with the advanced enemy A.I.. Man, I was surprised to run by the guard and get spotted right away...wasn't like that in the original game and it gave me a heart attack. :laugh:

Cons:
Voices. Okay sure, the voices being redone might be okay to those new to the game, but for those who've played the original and LIKED the original voices...I must say it's pretty disappointing. Not only that, but since David Hayter came back to do the voice for Snake in "Twin Snakes", his voice is more closer to that of "MGS2"'s Snake. In the original MGS, his voice, while gruff, was still pretty youthful sounding at the same time. Now in "Twin Snakes", I feel his voice is way too much like "the older Snake" and so I feel like I should expect to see Snake from MGS2 all decked out with mullet and 5 o' clock shadow and everything. And Naomi isn't Naomi and Mei Ling isn't Mei Ling, etc. How irritating...I guess Sniper Wolf won't be from Russia anymore. :sarcasm:

The cutscenes are really well done...very cinematic and all, but it's kind of flashy...it seems that there are more cutscenes or extra being added to the original. Like in the original MGS, when Snake got off the elevator in the beginning...he just ran over to the large crate and contacted Campbell. In "Twin Snakes", there's all that flashy footage of Snake taking off his diving gear, then Liquid preparing to get on the chopper, then back to Snake and then back to Liquid...yes, we all get the idea that these two are rivals...there's no need to "overdo" it.

Speaking of "flashy", it brings me to the music. What's up with the rock and roll music when Snake got on the elevator making his way up and the title came on? It's sounds so upbeat and more action-adventure than espionage and haunting. I haven't gotten into the game farther to see more about the music, but that kinda disturbed me.

The controls kinda bugged me...this isn't so bad, but it was kinda a bother to push Start + A to use the Codec. Yeah, I'm lazy, but I just found it more convenient to use the Select button, as on the PlayStation's controllers. Ah, but it's really just a matter of getting used to, so I hope I get used to it soon.

Can't Decide:
I can't decide which one I prefer: lower Life gauge and easier enemy A.I. which gradually builds up or higher Life gauge and higher enemy A.I. While playing "Twin Snakes" and got spotted by the guard, I got shot at and I realized the Life gauge was so long...I went and played MGS and I found the Life gauge was smaller and much more difficult to escape while being shot at. Ah, well...I don't know which one is better but I don't have any gripes about it.

Yeah, so I would give the game, as I said before, a 7 or 8 but most likely an 8 out of 10. I don't know why it bothers me so much...I think the gameplay is fine and the graphics beautiful, but what probably turned me off is the voices and the "flashy" parts. Augh, the voices are what makes this storyline so believable and so intriguing, next to the actual story itself, but I guess it's just me.

Anyway, that's all.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 12th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Yeah Meryl you make some interesting points but I see them as almost a correction.

First off I think they might of did a better job on the new dialouge. There seems to be more feeling behind some of the parts. Admitted it is wierd to see Mei Ling and Nastasha without there accents, but I think the correction was for the better. If you think why would a US military advisor be Russian in the first place, I think its better to make it more believable that she works for our government. And for some reason I don't mind the drop of Mei Lings whats so ever. I think I was almost annoyed by the last one. Plus the older snake voice sounds better truthfully. Considering he is spose to be mid thirties it does work better overall. Oh yeah and Sniper Wolf still holds the accent.

Now the life bar thing I kinda disagree on considering how much health you lose after getting shot or wounded. If this was like the original, a higher difficulty level would cause you to be dead in one shot if you used the last games life guage. The switch for a longer one was for the better.

On to the flashy statment, yeah the game if flashy, but MGS is spose to be flashy. I believe this is what konami wanted with the original but couldnt express it due to the hardware limitations. Its a true work of art.

Now for the controls I kinda agree, mainly due to the completely digital control instead of analog. Everytime I think the GC controller is pressure sensitive I am poorly mistaken. I would be walking around with gun drawn then try to put it down by slowly releasing the A button when it would go off. Man that got me caught. I can't say that it is something completely bad but its takes a lot of getting used to, knowing that you have to hit another button to get you gun down.

Anyways, I stand by what I said before. Great game, perfect in my eyes. MY NEW FAVORITE :) :)

kupoartist
Mar 12th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

The new Naomi is done by the same voice actor as Meryl and there's no English accent whatsoever.
Personally, I thought Naomi's voice in MGS1 was fine. By comparrison, Liquid just sounded plain silly... Any convo I have with friends at school about MGS inevitably involves someone saying "My Brothveerr!", "I'm yourh Shaadohw!" or the ever popular "I'm ouff to swot dowrn some bothearsoum flies!". Perhaps thats just because we're actually English, and have never even met anyone who speaks like the stereotype. Anyway, I notice that the voice stays the same throughout the series... but a character who's currently a severed arm attached to another's body doesn't really need to be taken too seriously :laugh:

Anyway, A review I read raised an interesting point: by doing the "overdone" action sequences (which look amazing), the fights which they introduce (eg. Snake Vs Ninja) turn out to be a real anti-climax because the actual battle remains relatively unchanged. Anyone who has played it inclined to agree?

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 12th, 2004, 01:23 PM
MGS2 was the same way. The cut scenes out-do the gameplay in regards to what Snake can and can't do. I personally don't have a problem with it, but to some it might be.

Vic Viper
Mar 12th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Il Palazzo

MGS2 was the same way. The cut scenes out-do the gameplay in regards to what Snake can and can't do. I personally don't have a problem with it.

me either, i loved the over the top cut-scene in this game, specially the first meeting between snake and the ninja, totally badass..:cool:

kupoartist
Mar 12th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Vic Viper me either, i loved the over the top cut-scene in this game, specially the first meeting between snake and the ninja, totally badass..:cool:
i've seen this... its very, very good, but at the same time It didn't feel faithful. In the first game, the Ninja suddenly went mental and just ran off, right? But now Snake tries to shoot him... even though he just did him a big favour by cutting off Ocelot's hand? Plus, Snake just got significantly more... acrobatic. Guess he had to train up to jump after that Metal Gear Ray in Sons of Liberty...

merylsilverburg
Mar 12th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Il Palazzo

Plus the older snake voice sounds better truthfully. Considering he is spose to be mid thirties it does work better overall.

Ah well, I guess I just prefer the younger Snake when it comes to the original game. To me, the younger Snake sounds more sincere and caring as opposed to the older. For example, in the original, when Baker told Snake he forgot Meryl's Codec number, all Snake did was just say "Damn!" and hit his knee. But in "Twin Snakes", Snake rears his head back and goes "Auughnn!!" and grabs his SOCOM and points it at Baker's head. I mean, I know he's stressed but...:peoples: I still prefer all the original voices, but I do like Campbell's voice now.

On to the flashy statment, yeah the game if flashy, but MGS is spose to be flashy. I believe this is what konami wanted with the original but couldnt express it due to the hardware limitations. Its a true work of art.

Yes, the cutscenes are flashy and there are one too many "Matrix"/"Max Payne" slowmotion jumps, dodges, shots, etc. going on. However, I'm not saying the scenes are bad, but they are just a little like "Oooh!" "Ahhh". :laugh: Getting further into the game, it occured to me how Kitamura-style the scenes really are. Like at the part when Snake threw the grenade into Vulcan Raven's tank and the guard on fire comes flying out? He reaches for Snake but Snake just punches him in the face. :D This scene really reminds me of the movie "Versus". It seems Kitamura-san really took the time to get these cutscenes right and the results are obvious.

Now for the controls I kinda agree, mainly due to the completely digital control instead of analog. Everytime I think the GC controller is pressure sensitive I am poorly mistaken. I would be walking around with gun drawn then try to put it down by slowly releasing the A button when it would go off. Man that got me caught. I can't say that it is something completely bad but its takes a lot of getting used to, knowing that you have to hit another button to get you gun down.

Yeah, I've encountered that myself on a few occasions and it really frustrated me. It does take some time getting used to and I'm still battling with it.

Originally posted by kupoartist

Personally, I thought Naomi's voice in MGS1 was fine.

Oh, BTW, I must apologize for a mistake in my earlier post. I said that Jennifer Hale did Meryl's and Naomi's voice, but I'm wrong. This Hale woman didn't do Meryl's voice...instead it's a woman named Mae West. I read somewhere that Hale did the voice for Meryl in the original game and Emma in MGS2, but I guess I misread it. Sorry guys!

Vic Viper
Mar 13th, 2004, 03:02 AM
just finished the game, what an awesome exprerience, this game definately deserves a 10, IMO.:cool:

heres my mission record (post yours aswell after you guys finish it)
CLEAR TIME :: 10:14:00
TOTAL DAMAGE :: MAX
SHOTS FIRED :: MAX
ALERT MODE MAX
CLEARING ESCAPE :: 0
ENEMIES KILLED :: 66
MECH DESTRUCTION :: 61
CONTINUES :: 18
RATIONS USED :: MAX
SAVES :: 17

VERSION USA
RADAR TYPE 2
USE OF SPECIAL ITEM NO
GAME LEVEL NORMAL
CLEARED 1
DOG TAG COLLECTION 0

i did the good ending, it unlocked bandana and a camera now off to do the HARD MODE.:arrr:

MakgSnake
Mar 13th, 2004, 06:33 PM

The cutscenes are really well done...very cinematic and all, but it's kind of flashy...it seems that there are more cutscenes or extra being added to the original. Like in the original MGS, when Snake got off the elevator in the beginning...he just ran over to the large crate and contacted Campbell. In "Twin Snakes", there's all that flashy footage of Snake taking off his diving gear, then Liquid preparing to get on the chopper, then back to Snake and then back to Liquid...yes, we all get the idea that these two are rivals...there's no need to "overdo" it.

Speaking of "flashy", it brings me to the music. What's up with the rock and roll music when Snake got on the elevator making his way up and the title came on? It's sounds so upbeat and more action-adventure than espionage and haunting. I haven't gotten into the game farther to see more about the music, but that kinda disturbed me.

I dont know Meryl, but those things are the best thing about TWIN SNAKES. I just loved every single CUT SCENE and WOW, the MUSIC.........I mean just WOW!!!!!!! I loved it. But then I geuss, everybody has their taste of music. I just think it was done very well. I know people dont really want my opinon about the game as they would think "MakgSnake" is going to say its amazing and all because he is over the top extreme fan of the series, but still I would say it. Its UNBELIEVABLE. I'd give a 9.4/10. Why the 0.6 short.???... Well, there are certain things I didn't like about the game too. The CODEC conversations, why not redone? They should have....... with codec having the same drawing pics, this game cannot be called complete RE-MAKE of the original. And well I agree with you Meryl, NAOMI's voice over wasn't that great. Although I liked the way she sounded, but the female who was doing her voice didn't put an extra effort to make her sound the way she should've sounded. She was at times too dull and bored. Even when she was talking about her life/past and her brother. Other then that I think the VOICE overs were done amazingly. Especially SOLID SNAKE's. Meryl, I cannot believe you didn't like David Hayter's voice. :shock: hehe..

One more thing I didn't like was that the development team didn't add new things in the game. Like.....new rooms or extra stuff........ they should have. Seriously.

AND they didn't play "The Best Is Yet To Come" at places it was played in the Original........ I WAS PRETTY PISSED ABOUT THAT!.! DAMN. Thats why I'd give it a 9.4/10, instead of 9.8/10.

I love TWIN SNAKES. Its an awesome game, and the best GAMECUBE game yet. In my opinion. I finished it in 9 hours 52 minutes, I know its nothing great and all but still... but have already started playing again.

Every GAMECUBE owner should HAVE THIS GAME. Seriously.

merylsilverburg
Mar 13th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I dont know Meryl, but those things are the best thing about TWIN SNAKES. I just loved every single CUT SCENE and WOW, the MUSIC.........I mean just WOW!!!!!!! I loved it. But then I geuss, everybody has their taste of music.

For goodness sakes, I never said the cutscenes are so bad that it made me want to gouge my eyes out, I just said they were flashy and a bit overdone. They are still really good and I do like them, but I did catch myself feeling a bit exasperated when there were a lot of those acrobatic jumps, moves, dodges, a la Matrix-style. That's all. And for the music, the music for the rest of the game was fine, no complaints, but it was just the elevator part. Didn't like the rock and roll music because it didn't fit with the overall tone of the game, IMO.

The CODEC conversations, why not redone? They should have....... with codec having the same drawing pics, this game cannot be called complete RE-MAKE of the original.

Ah, for that, I'm actually relieved and glad they kept the original stills for the CODEC. Yes, it's a re-make, but it's not so bad to keep a little of the old with the new. Personally, I didn't really like the 3-D models for the CODEC conversations in "MGS2"...so I wouldn't have liked it if they did "Twin Snakes" the same. But that's just me.

Although I liked the way she sounded, but the female who was doing her voice didn't put an extra effort to make her sound the way she should've sounded. She was at times too dull and bored. Even when she was talking about her life/past and her brother.

Omg, I know. Her voice was so monotone and very dull...it was like "Rose and Raiden" all over again. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Meryl, I cannot believe you didn't like David Hayter's voice. :shock: hehe..

Heh, I'm surprised too. But I really do just prefer the younger sounding Snake for MGS1 and the older one for the future games. ^_^

One more thing I didn't like was that the development team didn't add new things in the game. Like.....new rooms or extra stuff........ they should have. Seriously.

Well, this may not count as to what you're saying, but I really thought the Yoshi and Mario figures on the desk were really cool...and the GC as well. I also liked the inside joke about Otacon speaking about animes...with the little video of Kojima's "Z.O.E" anime playing. :cool:

Anyway, I also finished the game but I stupidly forgot to write down the website to input my clearance code. Does anyone know it? I got the Leopard rank...not so hot, I know. -_-;;;

Also, has anyone noticed how easy the game is? I played it on Normal difficulty, the same as I did with the PS1 years ago, and I just breezed through "Twin Snakes". I had such a tough time with the PS1...but "Twin Snakes" was so easy. A lot of the boss battles seemed easier too...like the Ninja and Snake fight? Do you guys remember that the Ninja came towards you, in stealth, attacking with his sword? Well, in "Twin Snakes", all I did was just run up and punch him and we just did hand-to-hand combat all the way. It was ridiculous! And the Metal Gear Rex fight at the end was actually easy too...when I first played the PS1 version I couldn't beat Rex at all...it was so bad that I stopped playing for 1/2 a year and then went back and beat him. Everything else was pretty simple too...now you can shoot the cameras and run by freely...you can use the FPS to shoot many things and a lot of objectives were simpler. Is it just me?

Two more things: Has anyone here found the M9? I could've sworn I searched all over and I couldn't find it.

and

Does anyone know how to stick someone up from behind and move to the front while still pointing the gun at them? I don't think there is a button for that and as a result, I only got 1 guard's dogtag.

Thanks in advance. ^_^

kupoartist
Mar 14th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Ah, for that, I'm actually relieved and glad they kept the original stills for the CODEC. Yes, it's a re-make, but it's not so bad to keep a little of the old with the new. Personally, I didn't really like the 3-D models for the CODEC conversations in "MGS2"...so I wouldn't have liked it if they did "Twin Snakes" the same. But that's just me.
ah, someone agrees with me :) .... it felt like the MGS2 portraits were done in 3D because... well because they could. They offered nothing new to the visual style, and in fact were probably no harder to implement than the stills (the 3D models are those used in-game, so all they had to was assign animations for points in the dialogue)

What they could have done for Twin Snakes though, is to have NEW stills... but then, perhaps no original Konami artists were available to draw them, what with it largerly being a Silicon Knights effort...

merylsilverburg
Mar 15th, 2004, 04:07 AM
I've found out the website, here's my record for my first time playing:

CLEAR TIME 15:13:15
TOTAL DAMAGE 0.0
SHOTS FIRED MAX
ALERT MODE 27
CLEARING ESCAPE 1
ENEMIES KILLED 90
MECH DESTRUCTION 45
CONTINUES 14
RATION USED MAX
SAVES 41

VERSION USA
RADAR TYPE2
USE OF SPECIAL ITEM NO
GAME LEVEL NORMAL
CLEARED 1

Here's my record for my second time:

CLEAR TIME 08:01:45
TOTAL DAMAGE MAX
SHOTS FIRED MAX
ALERT MODE MAX
CLEARING ESCAPE 0
ENEMIES KILLED 63
MECH DESTRUCTION 51
CONTINUES 3
RATIONS USED MAX
SAVES 18

VERSION USA
RADAR TYPE 2
USE OF SPECIAL ITEM YES
GAME LEVEL NORMAL
CLEARED 2

The second time around I used the bandana.

I also found out where the M9 is...stupidly didn't see the lockers at the beginning of the level. :P

I'm playing the game for the third time on Hard difficulty...I really like how

Snake is wearing the Tuxedo, so Meryl is wearing his Sneaking Suit :)

Vic Viper
Mar 15th, 2004, 11:20 AM

Does anyone know how to stick someone up from behind and move to the front while still pointing the gun at them? I don't think there is a button for that and as a result, I only got 1 guard's dogtag.

Thanks in advance. ^_^

yeah, you have to hold on the A-B botton. only works with handguns though.

and i agree with you about the difficulty, its just too easy, specially the boss battles.:roll: but one thing that really pisses me off was i found out that the damn DOG TAGS doesnt unlock anything, wtf? i was kinda hoping that there was another playable character, maybe the ninja with his katana :(. so its kinda pointless now to collect all the dogtags.:frust:

Vic Viper
Mar 15th, 2004, 11:07 PM
forgot to add, meryl you can also put down your weapon by holding the Y button.

merylsilverburg
Mar 16th, 2004, 01:29 AM

yeah, you have to hold on the A-B botton. only works with handguns though.

Ah, thank you! Now I can try to get those dogtags. :D

and i agree with you about the difficulty, its just too easy, specially the boss battles.:roll: but one thing that really pisses me off was i found out that the damn DOG TAGS doesnt unlock anything, wtf? i was kinda hoping that there was another playable character, maybe the ninja with his katana :(. so its kinda pointless now to collect all the dogtags.:frust:

Yeah...it was really easy...even on hard mode...okay, sure I was using Stealth, but even so, I'm sure I could pass the guards fine. And the boss battles on Hard weren't hard. I guess I shouldn't say anything untill I try Extreme, eh? :laugh:

That's too bad about the dogtags though. I was hoping that we could play as another character as well...maybe Meryl or like you said, the Ninja.

Daedaelus
Mar 16th, 2004, 11:58 PM
I dont know Meryl, but those things are the best thing about TWIN SNAKES. But then I geuss, everybody has their taste of music. I just think it was done very well. I know people dont really want my opinon about the game as they would think "MakgSnake" is going to say its amazing and all because he is over the top extreme fan of the series, but still I would say it. Its UNBELIEVABLE. I'd give a 9.4/10. Why the 0.6 short.???... Well, there are certain things I didn't like about the game too. The CODEC conversations, why not redone? They should have....... with codec having the same drawing pics, this game cannot be called complete RE-MAKE of the original.

You're only going to take off 0.6 points for the codec conversations not being done? You're far too forgiving when it comes to MGS man. Sometimes you come of as a fanboy. The cutscenes were so stupid, I'm at a loss for words. Since when did Snake turn into Neo? It is impossible for anyone, even the genetically enhanced Snake to jump onto a missle, or survive a missle blast. Ridiculous. They were also too long.

Why? I think what they did with the rooms or weaponry was just fine. The only problem is that the AI was far too smart in this game. Granted MGS was easy, but the AI became a real problem in tiny rooms.

I love TWIN SNAKES. Its an awesome game, and the best GAMECUBE game yet. In my opinion. I finished it in 9 hours 52 minutes, I know its nothing great and all but still... but have already started playing again.

But then you always think that every MGS game, on any system is a Godsend.

Every GAMECUBE owner should HAVE THIS GAME. Seriously.

Wrong. Honestly speaking, I think I wasted $50 on this game. I could have spent $5 on this game at Hollywood Video, and in 5 days unlocked EVERY SINGLE secret, twice even.

Closing comments: I think this game is a kind of dissapointment. It only appeals to fanboys, people who have played the original, or Nintendo fans who have never had the chance to play MGS. Thumbs down.

Oh and BTW, has anyone else noticed this: How many times did you actually use the new hanging feature. I can honestly say, I have never once hung on a ledge in the entire game. Another stupid/useless addition.

merylsilverburg
Mar 17th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Daedaelus

You're only going to take off 0.6 points for the codec conversations not being done? You're far too forgiving when it comes to MGS man. Sometimes you come of as a fanboy. The cutscenes were so stupid, I'm at a loss for words. Since when did Snake turn into Neo? It is impossible for anyone, even the genetically enhanced Snake to jump onto a missle, or survive a missle blast. Ridiculous. They were also too long.

Well, for one thing, it is a game so of course it's expected they would make the main character or whoever do impossible things...as Il said, the game is supposed to be flashy. Of course, I don't completely disagree with you...the cut scenes were good, but were a bit overdone.

Why? I think what they did with the rooms or weaponry was just fine. The only problem is that the AI was far too smart in this game. Granted MGS was easy, but the AI became a real problem in tiny rooms.

Yeah, I also didn't mind this. I didn't find it a big problem getting away from the enemies...I usually just hide in a dark corner or something or hide in the cardboard box and they usually never find me.

But then you always think that every MGS game, on any system is a Godsend.

That's a bit harsh. Maybe Makg just really like the MGS series...some people are just so in love about certain things that regardless of flaws or problems, they still find it the best thing ever. And then, there are some people who notice the flaws and actually give it an accurate rating through it. It's just up to the person...but it's your opinion after all.

Oh and BTW, has anyone else noticed this: How many times did you actually use the new hanging feature. I can honestly say, I have never once hung on a ledge in the entire game. Another stupid/useless addition.

Well, I used it a few times, but I really didn't use it all that much. But it's not really a stupid/useless feature...there are some people who've played MGS2 and hung off the ledges and if they play "Twin Snakes", they might be looking to use this ability as well. And since every ability from MGS2 is put into "Twin Snakes", why not just add the hanging ledge feature?

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 18th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Yeah I'm one of those fanboys that loves this game to death. Admitted it has its flaws, but its far the greatest MGS expirence in my eyes. Two giant thumbs up.

Frozen
Apr 1st, 2004, 04:32 PM
I got this game about 4 days ago, I friggin love it :D I'd give it a damn 11/10 if it wasn't for the controller, although I finally got used to it, it's just tht nothing beats the PS2 controllers.

I'm very happy to see you are still meryl-chan, and this new people. Cheers.