PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on "Twin Snakes"

merylsilverburg
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Just a quick question on the storyboard for "Twin Snakes". Is it actually being redone? The reason why I ask is because I was looking through the "Twin Snakes" booklet that came with the MGS3 promo kit and they had this section on Kitamura, Ryuhei. This guy, Kitamura-san, is a Japanese film director and the booklet said he is the one in charge of redoing the storyboards and the motion-capturing and voice-overs.

So, is this true? I only ask because if Kitamura-san is actually the one, then everything must be done pretty well because this guy is a great director. I've seen two of his films ("VERSUS" and just last night, "Azumi") and both films are excellent. The storyboards are in good hands if it is actually Kitamura-san doing it.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 18th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Yes it is being redone. All new cutscenes are in this game, nothing will be the same from the last game.

merylsilverburg
Feb 18th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Oh, that's great! I'm looking forward to it. Thanks Il. :)

Vulcan Raven
Feb 19th, 2004, 01:06 AM
MGS3 Promo Kit??? where do you get those??

and what are they???

merylsilverburg
Feb 19th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Vulcan Raven

MGS3 Promo Kit??? where do you get those??

and what are they???

The MGS3 promo kit is the one they were giving out during the 2003 E3 convention. I was able to get one as a gift during Christmas.
It's a folder containing a chronology of Kojima, Hideo, Harry Gregson-Williams, and Kyle Cooper. There's the booklet on "MGS: Twin Snakes", and finally a paper craft kit where you can make your own Metal Gear Rex from MGS3.
I think you can still find the promo item on Ebay, but I couldn't find it at the end of last year, so I was really happy when I got it for Christmas. If you do find it, congrats! :)

Dark Angel
Feb 20th, 2004, 11:36 AM
I found one on EBay, but stupidly didn't bother bidding on it, looked rather cool though.