PDA

View Full Version : Amazing MGS Twin Snakes Trailer (NEW)

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 17th, 2004, 10:20 PM
They just released a new one showing off the new cinematics.

Watch NOW!!!!!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/463/463239p1.html

Vulcan Raven
Jan 18th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Ohhhhhhh! (..drool) That is AWESOME!..although i am also pissed about the whole (on gamecube thing!) But sweet jesus..gamecubes r only NZ$199.00 here ($99.00 US) so, if its good enough to buy..i might consider buying a GC and MGS: TT

now THAT is cool..takes my mind off that whole MGS3 dillema..(read thread YAAAY I GOT MGS3! I PRE ORDERED IT ITS COMING OUT LATE FEBURARY!)

~Grim Reaper~

Dark Angel
Jan 20th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Did anyone else get the feeling it's all gone a bit Matrix?

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 20th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Dark Angel

Did anyone else get the feeling it's all gone a bit Matrix?

Oh yeah but thats not-- a bad thing. I truthfully think the whole Matrix thing works best in the MGS world better than any other game.

Dark Angel
Jan 20th, 2004, 07:07 PM
I really don't think so...but maybe I just need to suspend belief a bit.

Vulcan Raven
Jan 20th, 2004, 09:51 PM
But Snake jumping on a missile?? now thats just over the top!

Snake is Snake, Now Neo is meant to stay in the matrix. And Snake is meant to stay in the MGS world.

Jeez that just makes me laugh!!

SplinterJD
Jan 28th, 2004, 08:28 AM
I'll probably start downloading this when i leave for school tommorrow, should be done when i get back.:cool: Can't wait.;)

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 29th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Grim_Reaper

But Snake jumping on a missile?? now thats just over the top!

Snake is Snake, Now Neo is meant to stay in the matrix. And Snake is meant to stay in the MGS world.

Jeez that just makes me laugh!!

LOL! Your just mad because the Cube is getting this fantastic game and the PS2 isn't :)

Dark Angel
Jan 29th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Il Palazzo

LOL! Your just mad because the Cube is getting this fantastic game and the PS2 isn't :)

I know I am!! :laugh: Though if that bundle of GC and TTS comes out in Europe I won't be able to resist myself....

MakgSnake
Feb 4th, 2004, 06:17 PM
I really like the fact that this video has Slow Motion Action sequence..................and yes, they were first used in "THE MATRIX", but that doesn't mean it will NOT look good anywhere else. The Slow Motion Effect is a new way of filming action sequences, and Ryuhie Kitamura (The Director of the Cutscenes) of Twin Snakes has done an AMAZING MIND BLOWING job. Just look at the LAST NINJA bit.....its something no one ever thought it would be.

And that Snake standing on the missle. Its just called "Style", this game had alot of substance......and now with the help of Ryuhie, its getting alot of style. It may look unreal and over the top, but imagination is the limit, and seeing that scene shows where a human mind go with style.

I-CAN-NOT-WAIT-FOR-THIS-GAME.

I am so glad, march is just around the corner...........thank you god soo much for that.

Dark Angel
Feb 4th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Sure it's stylish, but it takes away from good substance, and the slow motion thing has been used to death in every other type of media, hence why I think it should be left out instead of being added to make it look "cool".

MakgSnake
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:48 PM

and the slow motion thing has been used to death in every other type of media, hence why I think it should be left out instead of being added to make it look "cool".
Thats like saying "Gun shots and cars jumping around has been used in every action movie, hence it should be left in any other action film.

Bullet time is a new way to film action sequence, just because other people are using it, doesn't mean.......one should not use it. And theres WAY TOO MANY possibilities of bullet time that still have to be used................and if one keep practicing it, would come up with new better ideas....

Dark Angel
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:29 PM
At least with gun shots and car jumping it can be done differently without feeling reused, but bullet time is always the same, its just going really slowly...

MakgSnake
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:19 PM

At least with gun shots and car jumping it can be done differently without feeling reused, but bullet time is always the same, its just going really slowly...
Thats the whole idea......... ... Just look at the action sequences in Matrix, and then check it in this MGS trailer. The Ninja bit and the fight between Snake and Ninja, its totally different and still looks unique.

I wish I could explain more, as this could go forever, but I guess everybody has their own opinions about things. Its all good.

Solid Snake, rules............!.! :D

Dark Angel
Feb 7th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Solid Snake, rules............!.! :D

Bugger it's hard to argue with that...:laugh: