PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Disc Tray Issue

-PSX-
Jan 17th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Since getting my PS2 for last christmas it has run excellently since then apart from the occasional disc read error (which was simply fixed with a DVD cleaner). However now when the disc tray opens (since about the 16th last month) it makes a kind of grinding nooise like its trying hard to get out but comes out fully. Whhat is this - is it nothing to worry about or has something slipped inside it(I have never opened or tampered with the console in any way apart from giving it a dust and hoover now and then). Please help this is starting to get annoying and I think my warranty is out anyways. :confused:

Matrix
Mar 25th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Ha i got the same problem, dont know what it is though and only happens once every dozen times i open the tray.

Preventer Wind
Mar 25th, 2004, 09:48 PM
They put some sort of lubricant on the track to make it move without so much friction. It could just mean that all the lube is bunched up or that it may have dried up or something around those lines. I don't think it is anything to fear. If your warranty is up and you would want to go inside your ps2 then all you have to do is reapply some lubricant or smooth it out.

I do not recommend you to break your seal unless you have major ps2 problems and your warranty is used up. Like I said I don't think it is anything to worry about. I used to have a link to a guide that told you how to open up your ps2. If you want it I can try and find it.