PDA

View Full Version : The PS2 SWORD!!!

-PSX-
Jan 8th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Check this out. The industry is bringing out a 38" sword designed to work with Onimusha 3 and it is designed like a real sword.

Link - IGN.com (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/461/461544p1.html)

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:01 PM
All these crazy extras and stuff for those avid collectors and game freaks. Is there no end to the madness.

-PSX-
Jan 12th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Whats the problem with it. It'll be pretty cool to wave a sword around playing Onimusha wouldn't it - unless you got a small room ;)

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 13th, 2004, 12:00 AM
But, but there usually cheap products that break right away that are twice the cost of the game.......

-PSX-
Jan 13th, 2004, 02:01 PM
I don't know - Ive seen some pretty damn good perpheirals in my time that int broken.

I just think its a new concept on sword fighting games and It'll kick ass when it arrives.

Beretta55
Jan 17th, 2004, 04:29 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm that's interesting i mean who has dreamt of being a samurai?:laugh:

pretty cool i wouldnt buy it though but it would make a good X-mas or birthday gift though.

-PSX-
Jan 17th, 2004, 04:55 AM
I would have to transport my PS2 to the living room every time I wanted to play and I would probably get bored after 5 mins - my bedrooms too small :cry:

airbornecow
Jan 19th, 2004, 07:58 PM
i'll stick to a light gun. less dangerous. and you don't even hane to leave your chair.

fantasytiger
Jan 21st, 2004, 02:45 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao: is it just me or can anyone else picture some poor kid swinging that thing around in his house and completely taking out anything nearby like a lamp or vase or even worst sibling

REChick14
Jan 21st, 2004, 03:04 PM
I wouldnt mind using that sword. It would be fun. You would actually be controlling the movement instead of constantly pressing the same buttons over and over again. I see it as helping, parents complain how thier kids sit around and play video games well now they have the sword so their kids will be up and about doing some excerise. Its like you're the character and you have to be like the character in Onimusha. I have a big living room so I have no complaints here.

neomarik
Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:43 AM
^^^^^^^you make a good point, but again, if your holding a sword and someone is agervating you or getting in the way of the tv, what would you do??

Preventer Wind
Jan 22nd, 2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by fantasytiger
is it just me or can anyone else picture some poor kid swinging that thing around in his house and completely taking out anything nearby like a lamp or vase or even worst sibling

No poor kid is going to be able to afford it :laugh:

Is it a sword with buttons on it? It has to be. How else would you jump and open doors? Use potions and what not? Could you guys imagine a sword for Dynasty Warriors? Talk about tiring :laugh:

fantasytiger
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:46 PM
lol actually maybe that would help my team mates actually hit the guy instead of hitting me with the guy

REChick14
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by neomarik

^^^^^^^you make a good point, but again, if your holding a sword and someone is agervating you or getting in the way of the tv, what would you do??

Thats what the sword is for. You knock that person out. No im just kidding! I dont know what I would do probably tell them to get out of the way. Im not a violent person but I do have my moments. But seriously im a really good girl, dont get scared.;)

fantasytiger
Jan 24th, 2004, 09:50 PM
my siblings lets just say we are no brady bunch

you can bet if we get this thing more swings would be made at each other the the video game badies

-PSX-
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:56 AM
*swings*

Noooo! The diamond vase.....

But the parents could afford... To their own cost in more ways than one. Takes out TV and PS2.

Chara
Jan 26th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Hmm... yea, I can see myself breaking just about everything in my room trying to play with that sword. :laugh:

But, yea I can see the game get tiring after just 15 minutes of play. But hey, you'll have some nice upepr body strength.

Haha, I would love to play Dynasty Warriors with that thing.

-PSX-
Jan 30th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Hey, if you could take the cord out of it you could go swing all you like in the garden (bye bye daffodils). But I mean it would be good fun - if you can take the cord out.

Vicious_2003
Feb 19th, 2004, 01:39 PM
The Sword itself (http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1530128,00.asp)

Looks like thierisnt much of a blade to speak of . And it looks rather stupid to me. The guy who wrote the artricle seems to agree after trying it out. Just another gimmic IMO