PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons & video games

Mercury Shadow
Mar 8th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Ahhh... The Simpsons, definitely my favorite TV show of all time. The Simpsons' creators must've been hardcore gamers! These are all the moments I can think of when they featured video games, can you think of any others?

1. BONE STORM- Remember when Bart really wanted the vid game resembling Doom and he stole it from the Try & Save and got caught by the security? And when Milhouse was playing, he saved his game under "thrillhouse", haha.
2. Golf Putting Challange- In the same episode as Bonestorm, I forget what the name exactly was, but instead of getting Bondestorm, Bart gets a boring putting game from marge.
3. Homer & Bart's Boxing Game- In another episode, Homer and Bart beat each other up in a boxing video game in which the characters on the screen auctually resemble them. Bart always wins, and Homer gets very mad about it.
4. The Touch of Death- Bart plays an arcade game instead of going to karate class, so he has to show his family what he learned in karate, so he shows them the touch of death on Lisa, a move from the game he played
5. The Unknown game- This is the one where Bart is in The Kwik-E Mart, playing a game where you have to kill people and break windows and rob stores, but Bart loses so he gets the Death Penality, The electric Chair because he's in Texas!

It's just too bad The Simpsons video games aren't as good as the show

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 8th, 2002, 11:21 PM
The last one you were talking about is called larry the looter

Mercury Shadow
Mar 8th, 2002, 11:30 PM
yeah! Larry the looter, great game, kinda reminds me of State of Emergency, the simple beat up and steal, and break stuff

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 8th, 2002, 11:47 PM
Don't forget "Escape from Grandma's House".

Mercury Shadow
Mar 9th, 2002, 12:15 AM
haha, definitely a classic, thanks for adding that one in Sleazy

talon101
Mar 9th, 2002, 05:42 AM
u have a fine knowage of the simsons

i havent taken any notice of these things.
i love the simsons

Yuna
Mar 9th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Yeah, and when lisa pretended to be sick; she was playing Bart's games (such as Crash Bandicoot, lol)! I forgot what they re-named Crash Bandicoot after though. :roll:

Hadoken
Mar 9th, 2002, 05:57 AM
the simpsons are great. i think it got the award for best television show on tv. even though its animated. has anyone else seen dan castanella go into "homer mode"? lol, its when he gets his voice to sound like homer. amazing whenever he does it too. and hank azaria is great at doing apu nahasapenapetalon(sp?).
there was something about on 20/20 last night.
but NE-ways, I dont think the main creators played games much. but i think some of the 200 animators that work for the show do. :happy:

Yuna
Mar 9th, 2002, 06:00 AM
And the funniest epidode had to be with Homer with Mindy, in the end. ^_^ Where he hit the guy who went "Ohhh! Habba habba" or something...God I laughed my head off there. :phew:

Mercury Shadow
Mar 9th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Yuna- haha, I forgot about Lisa playing the Crash Bandicoot like game, that made me laugh my ass off because I was playing Crash when I first saw it!

Hank Azaria is a genius, and so is Matt Groening. I did see the special on 2020 about the simpsons (barbera Walters pisses me off!) But it was great. I watch The Simpsons everyday on fox... I just hope it doesn't go off the air.

Yuna
Mar 9th, 2002, 11:48 AM
And even if they do go off the air -- they'll have to put it back on again, otherwise the whole world'll complain! ;)

TtTackler
Mar 9th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Oh my, don't get me started on the Simpsons, I'm 14 and I've seen EVERY episode at LEAST twice (cept for ones that havnt re-aired yet) There are a lot of hilarious arcade games they've made up for the show (like the ones mentioned). They made fun of Mortal Kombat in the Bone Storm episode with Bone Storm itself and the game they showed in the commercial another one like it. Later on in the episode Bart sees images of Mario, DK, and Sonic telling him to steal the game, I remember Sonic running around really fast,"CMON, TAKE'IT TAKE'IT TAKE'IT!" Rofl..

BowevelJoe
Mar 9th, 2002, 09:04 PM
ah man, the games were pretty terrible :lol ahh man i remember that eps :lol

Mercury Shadow
Mar 9th, 2002, 09:20 PM
TtTackler
that was funny as shi.t when all the vid game characters popped into Bart's head and told him to steal!! haha

I don't know what Fox did in your town, or whatever station carries the simpsons, but here instead of being on from 6-7pm, its 6-6:30 and king of the hill 6:30-7... that made me so mad!!

MADRUCKIS
Mar 9th, 2002, 09:55 PM
LOL

Definately, Simpsons are pretty hilarious. I loved the Bonestorm episode, an old one but a classic (like the Side Show Bob and Halloween episodes).

I remember Milhouse hanging on to the remote cause the game was mad loud and his legs were up in the air and stuff........and he says something like "Wow, and that was just the menu!" To this day me and my friends use that line.

BowevelJoe
Mar 9th, 2002, 10:01 PM
woohoo, lol, shows how much some shows influence ya eh? lol