PDA

View Full Version : State Of Emergency

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Ok, I Am Not That Excited About This Game, But Ive Been Hearing Alot About It Though! And Looking At It That Its Being Made by The People Who Created GTA3. It Is Something To Look Forward To It!.! But I Have No Idea Whats It About!. Can Anyone Fill Me In With It!.! About Its Info And Gameplay!.! Cause It Doesn't Look That Good...From The Pics But Still....I Think It'll Be Alright

IcyMourdor
Jan 24th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Haven't heard of it yet. I'll edit or post later once I get more info.

BowevelJoe
Jan 24th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Story line: Your country has just been bought by a giant corporation and people in the streets are rioting. Your trying to bring down the company and get them out of your country, everythings corrupt, the cops, everyones going crazy, this game is going to be awsome

the reason it doesnt look super realistic is because, damn that would be way to violent, so they make the people look goofy so that its not as bad.You can beat people with limbs of dead people, i saw a clip of a guy with a rocket launcher, shot it into the side of a bank, and him and his gang ran in and stole all the money, man it looked sweet!!!

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2002, 10:06 PM
Sounds Pretty Intresting. Sounds Great Infact. But..... Isn't This A Bad Thing. I Mean Just To Run Away From The Censors, They Have Make The Graphics Cartooni, I Mean Thats Bad! They Should Try Making It As Realistic As Possible. And Win The Trail Against The Censorship People! I Mean Common! Its Just A Game!-! And It'll Get The "Mature" Rating Anyway!.!

Aaagghh:mad:

nanjij
Jan 25th, 2002, 02:21 AM
go on the site www.stateofemergency.com (i use my old skill, lol) it tells u about the missions, screen shots, movies, etc

BowevelJoe
Jan 25th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Makg, do you know how much **** rockstar got from GTA3?! i mean they banned it in Australia, it was just that bad. They are not cutting down on the violence, just how the people look, i mean good lord man. The game is going to rock, thats the bottom line. If you didnt like GTA3, then..your gay lol. The game is going to be awsome, youll see, cartoony or not.

x157anz
Jan 25th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Is this game a action/adventure game ?!?!?! seen as though its in this part of the forum ?!
Anybody know when its out ?

MakgSnake
Jan 25th, 2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
Makg, do you know how much **** rockstar got from GTA3?! i mean they banned it in Australia, it was just that bad

Thats What I Am Saying Man!.! I Am Not Saying That Rockstar Is A WUSS. Just Saying, They SHOULD BE Able To Win The TRAIL. I Am So Sure They LOST The Trail In Australia Thats Why It Got Banned Over There!.! Thats Such A BAD THING!.! They Shouldn't!.!

I Remember When Mortal Kombat Came Out....... My GOD Soo Many People Went Against It!.! That The Graphics Are Life Like (They ARE) And U See All These Fatalities All OVER The Game And It Should Be Banned. But Miday And EdBoon Won The Trail And They Are Still Making Games!.! I Just Think RockStar Should Get A Better Lawyer! lol

Reid
Jan 25th, 2002, 05:37 PM
I don't think that State of Emergency needs realistic graphics. The cartoon-ish look is pretty interesting and fresh looking.

But I do agree with Makg (hee, that rhymed), that it shouldn't be cartoony to avoid the censors. But then again, that might not be the reasoning behind it.

BowevelJoe
Jan 25th, 2002, 11:46 PM
i guess it could be that the cartoony graphics were easier to work with, i mean if they developed over 600 different looking people that all looked life like, your talking about some serious time lol. It can handle over 250 on the screen at the same time, all doing their own thing, i mean this is mainly aimed at having some AI, and this is going to be implemented into GTA4, thats what this project was mainly aimed at, to include stuff that GTA4 lacked it, but man this game is going to be something to look forward too.

It shall be released Feb. 5th

Spirit
Jan 26th, 2002, 03:19 AM
really?? that soon? whoa I need some loot and fast!! lol yea SoA will be a great addition to ps2 game liblary... whew can't wait till I see it!

MakgSnake
Jan 26th, 2002, 03:24 AM
Well Now It Sure Sounds Intresting To Me. I Mean Before I Wasn't That Much Into It. But Now I Am. Gonna Get This Gem Too!.!.....But Before That.....I'd Wanna Check Its Reviews!.! Cause In This World. Anything Is Possible!

nanjij
Jan 26th, 2002, 02:14 PM
i dont know when it exacly comes out but on there site it says febuary

BowevelJoe
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:18 PM
Its either Feb 5th or 4th lol, arrg read my posts hahaha:D

woohoo someone steal this game out of the warehouses of it, i cant wait another week!!!

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 02:07 AM
By That Time, Ps2 Will Be In My Hand, And I'd Buy That Game With It!.! Hopefully! Lets See!

nanjij
Jan 27th, 2002, 01:46 PM
i keep going down town to see if its in the shop yet

Reid
Jan 27th, 2002, 01:49 PM
The only review so far was in Maxim.
They gave it a 3/5 (GTA3 got a 5/5 a few months back).

BowevelJoe
Jan 27th, 2002, 06:00 PM
arrg, thats pretty rough, Maxim, is that the whole name of the mag? meaning its about average in their eyes..

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 07:40 PM
I Think...GamesRanking Will Be Having Its Review Soon, They Usually Have Reviews First!.! I'll Check on Their Site Soon!.!

Reid
Jan 27th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Yeah, Maxim's the magazines' full name (it's a pretty famous men's magazine).

Their ratings are actually, usually pretty decent, but their wasn't enough description in the column so I don't know why it got a 3/5.

BowevelJoe
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:23 AM
ah i know Maxim, i was making sure thats what it was lol, i had no idea they rated games in it lol.

ill wait for IGN or some other place to see what they say about it, even if it sucks ill probably still buy it, i mean its still gotta have an awsome fun factor level just by looking at it.

BowevelJoe
Jan 29th, 2002, 08:47 PM
thats not to shabby, i might buy it right now lol

MakgSnake
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by goodman
its been pushed back till the 19th of February now.

Where, In US Or UK?. I Thought US Release Was 5th Of FEB Or Something Like That!.! Its All Over The Internet!.! Neways..... Oh Well

BowevelJoe
Jan 30th, 2002, 07:44 AM
arrg it better not have been pushed back, Feb 4th or 5th is late enough man, i dont think i could wait another week...man this sucks...

MakgSnake
Jan 31st, 2002, 02:59 PM
I Think Its Still The 5th.....Oh YES! I Am All Excited Now To Play This Game.!. I Just Some New Videos.......They Are Sooo FUNNY And Well...........Shockingly Amazing!.! :)

Spirit
Jan 31st, 2002, 03:26 PM
it got pushed back....... by like 7 days

BowevelJoe
Jan 31st, 2002, 04:10 PM
your sure? i just checked IGN and EB for release dates and its still the same...

Mercury Shadow
Jan 31st, 2002, 04:57 PM
Makg and all you other guys, I'm hoping you can be a guinea pig and try out the game when it comes out :D I am still skeptical. Feb 5 is only 6 days to go!

BowevelJoe
Feb 1st, 2002, 08:00 AM
well this sucks majorly, i was really wanting to get it as soon as it came out..i guess this will just give me more time to build up some money to get it lol...

Spirit
Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:34 AM
aaaaah thank god.... I'd be too broke to buy it now lol

BowevelJoe
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:38 PM
It has been moved back to the 15th, so its coming out a bit earlier, i was really hoping on it being the 5th but ah well...i think theyre doing a bit more touching up, so...i guess all we can do now is wait..

MakgSnake
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:48 PM
I Am Starting To Like This GAME, And Am Totally Waiting For It To Come Out!.!

Now All I Wanna See Is Some SOLID Reviews!.!

Spirit
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:47 AM
yea it'll be a really good game and I hope I'll have enough loot by then :P

Mercury Shadow
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:04 PM
In the most recent Circuit City catalog, it says SOE is coming out FEB 7 and is only $40.

BowevelJoe
Feb 4th, 2002, 07:46 AM
haha Rockstar cant get their release dates straight, perhaps it will be released on the 14th and only be $25 or something lol

Spirit
Feb 4th, 2002, 03:47 PM
I sure hope so.... that would be great but doubtfull...
I need $150 for xs, suikoden III and this....ahhhhhh

BowevelJoe
Feb 5th, 2002, 08:06 AM
arrg man you dont have to buy all three at the same time lol, but i guess SoE would be a good RPG back up whenever you get stuck lol...

Spirit
Feb 5th, 2002, 10:54 AM
true, true although I don't know any of these 3 release dates, anyone know?

MakgSnake
Feb 8th, 2002, 01:30 AM
7 More DAYS LEFT For This BEAUTY To Hit The STORES!!!!!

BowevelJoe
Feb 8th, 2002, 10:48 PM
arrg i wish the damn thing would just be released, this is madness!!!

Mercury Shadow
Feb 9th, 2002, 11:18 PM
Here's a brand new sealed SOE on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1331295470

I may buy it since it's always being pushed back from its release date.

MakgSnake
Feb 10th, 2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
arrg i wish the damn thing would just be released, this is madness!!!
Hey BowevelJoe, It Looks Like Ure A BIG ROCKSTAR Fan.......Right? Or Are U A Big Fan Of These Voilent Games?.?

Just Wondering! :)

BowevelJoe
Feb 10th, 2002, 03:39 PM
yeah i guess you could say i was, its great stress releaser, instead of taking it out on other people, take it out on the people in the game, and no harm done lol

nanjij
Feb 11th, 2002, 03:17 AM
its seems so close but so far.
please say that releas date is worldwide not just america or canada.

Spirit
Feb 12th, 2002, 11:48 AM
man I wish I had enough money to go buy it, but I don't so I'll probably have to work for it :(

BowevelJoe
Feb 12th, 2002, 08:56 PM
arrg just a few more days.... hah it will be worth it spirit slayer

Reid
Feb 12th, 2002, 10:30 PM
I'm thinking of buying another game soon, and it looks like SoE might be the one.
Does anyone have a concrete release date yet though?

nanjij
Feb 13th, 2002, 02:21 AM
no for days
17/02/02
thats rite in it
just check on www.stateofemergency.com

Spirit
Feb 13th, 2002, 09:04 AM
can't wait for it and I hope I can find some loot, somewhere to get it... if not I think that sucks..... oh well I hope all of yuo enjoy it :) I'll just go over my friend's house :)

nanjij
Feb 14th, 2002, 04:15 PM
no not that far on the site it says 16th but thats better than the 17th
im going to get it on sat then :)

BowevelJoe
Feb 14th, 2002, 09:02 PM
arrg im gonna get it right now!!! haha maybe saturday lol

nanjij
Feb 15th, 2002, 02:07 AM
no,no,no
the official site still says 16th click here (www.stateofemergency.com) to see

Mercury Shadow
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:44 PM
goodman is right, Best Buy has the game on the shelves today, but Circuit City has the game on Monday. So, it's different at every store.

nanjij
Feb 15th, 2002, 05:47 PM
u 2 live in the US so it may be different but r u sure u saw it on the shelves

BowevelJoe
Feb 15th, 2002, 10:12 PM
yeah its out, im gonna buy it tommorow :) (satureday)

Mercury Shadow
Feb 16th, 2002, 09:16 AM
haha, I said the same thing Goodman.

nanjij
Feb 16th, 2002, 11:44 AM
it wasnt in the shops today, anyway when i was looking for it i realised something quite important, im not 18 so i wouldnt be able to buy it any way so ive ordered and they dont care about age limit.
oh year on special reserve they say its coming out 22nd :( but the official site say its out, im so confused :confused:

nanjij
Feb 16th, 2002, 02:26 PM
so whos got the game then come give me all the gory details ive got to wait till friday to see it for myself

Mercury Shadow
Feb 16th, 2002, 02:51 PM
I'm gettin it on Monday, so i'll be sure to let you know, nanjij

Spirit
Feb 16th, 2002, 07:36 PM
my friend got it, says it's not as good as GTA3 though.... :(

nanjij
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:14 AM
i dont tell me that after ive already ordered it
oh happy birthday goodman

Smokey Mcpot
Feb 18th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Save your money folks, my friend bought this game and its not better or even close to being as good as GTa3.:( I know it upsets me too. He returned it in less than 24 hrs.:(
I thought this game had potential but they hyped it up way to much.:p It's too corny.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:57 PM
I bought State of Emergency today, and I am undecided so far. It's a very fun game, but I am sorta confused. I heard you go on missions and do those missions, but what I'm doing right now is just blow up buildings and cars and beat the crap outta security guards to get points, and then once you get enough points you move onto the next level (of only 4 levels...)

Another disappointment is, you can only carry 1 weapon at a time. if you want another weapon, you have to drop yours and pick up a new one, luckily there are quite a few laying around.

On the good side, there are a lot of cool weapons such as a meat cleaver and a *****in rocket launcher!! You can even shoot someones head CLEAR OFF with a shotgun.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 18th, 2002, 09:08 PM
nevermind, I retract some of my statements from the previous message....

State of Emergency is just like GTA3 in the fact that you have missions. There are 2 modes, a revolution (meaning, an overthrow of the government) mode where you get missions and try to bring down the corporation, and then a chaos mode where you earn points to go on to the next level.

Just buy this game! once you start playing it you'll like it!

Smokey Mcpot
Feb 20th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Iono man, i just think this game is crap. Sure thirteen year old kids will eat it up. But i've become very picky with games in the past year. If it isnt exceptional or at least very good i wont get it.
i'm on a tight budget ya know?:cool: