PDA

View Full Version : Whose Line is it Anyway?

merylsilverburg
Mar 8th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Has anyone ever seen this show? It sometimes plays on ComedyCentral and it's currently on ABC on Thursday? Maybe I'm the only dork-ass who watches this, but it's quite a hilarious show.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 8th, 2002, 09:46 PM
Yeah i watched the show a couple of times.I didnt really enjoy it that much because maily i didnt get it

merylsilverburg
Mar 8th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Basically, the show's about improvisations. The host gives a theme, then the players have to act out everything off the top of their head. For example, there's this one game called Hats and the players uses these different hats which they have to come up with....oh...let's say..the worst dating service. So, they use the hats and come up with phrases like, "Don't worry....I brought a Trojan." when he's wearing a trojan hat. Hope this wasn't too confusing, it's really funny, you have to watch it in the beginning of the show in order to get it. :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 8th, 2002, 09:58 PM
I know 2 guys from the drew carey show are on there.And they make asses outta themselves most of the time

Mercury Shadow
Mar 8th, 2002, 10:08 PM
sometimes it can be pretty funny, but I wonder if it's fake... they say that they just come up with the jokes on the spot, but sometimes their jokes are really witty... are they just that quick to think?

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 8th, 2002, 10:09 PM
I bet they come up with the stuff right on the show.Cause when your in the groove you can come up with some good stuff

IcyMourdor
Mar 8th, 2002, 11:10 PM
I like this show.

Especially, Scenes from a Hat.

I think i watch this show to much though. It's pretty funny because it is on the spot.

merylsilverburg
Mar 8th, 2002, 11:35 PM
:laugh: Scenes from a Hat is the best! I also really like Greatest Hits. It's so amazing how well they can rhyme the words together so quickly! I really like all the guys, like Ryan, Colin, Wayne, Brad, and Greg. But, I really don't like any of the girls that come onto the show. When they're there....it's not so funny. I'm more guy-based that's why.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 8th, 2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
:laugh: Scenes from a Hat is the best

I agree. But I don't really like the song bits. Its pretty much the same every week.

IcyMourdor
Mar 9th, 2002, 12:40 AM
It's funnier when they have all guys and they make one of them acts as a women.

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2002, 03:09 AM
Ha, ha! You know Ryan and Colin have this weird connection with each other. They're always doing things, like....one time, on the game, "Let's Make a Date", Colin was a guy who gets turned on by dangerous things, and Ryan was a python. Well....since they're sitting next to each other, they were all getting close and Ryan was slithering his tongue while Colin was leaning more and more foward towards Ryan's face, 'cause he's getting "turned on" by him. It was so hilarious and a bit yaoi at the same time. XD

DragonSphere
Mar 9th, 2002, 03:39 AM
I never watched the new ones before with Drew Carey, only the older ones on Comedy Central. One of my favorites are when there are 3 of them acting out a certain scene and there always has to be one person to be sitting down, bending over, or standing up. But the trick is if someone changes their position, the other 2 have to switch their's accordingly. And when they don't do it fast enough, it gets really funny, sometimes having two people in the same positions then all of a sudden switch back to another one again.

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2002, 03:45 AM
:laugh: Yeah, that always makes me laugh so hard! Sometimes, two people are standing and one is bending, then the both standing are always scrambling for the chair. DragonSphere, you should watch the ones with Drew Carey as the host because the show is more funnier and on a lighter note than the British host for the ComedyCentral ones. Believe me, that British guy was pretty stuffy. He's an ex-lawyer, can you believe it? That's why...

DragonSphere
Mar 9th, 2002, 04:04 AM
Ex-lawyer...really? Wow, I never knew that. :shock:
As for the new episodes, I really need to catch up on more prime time television. BTW, what time is it on on thursdays?

talon101
Mar 9th, 2002, 07:03 AM
too bad i dont live there in us or where ever i dont get that many good channels.:mad:

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by DragonSphere

As for the new episodes, I really need to catch up on more prime time television. BTW, what time is it on on thursdays?

Well, see, the thing is, I haven't been able to watch the new season....which I believe is the third...because my stupid little hick town has this problem. You have to get a cable box for JUST your local channels. Which means, in order to get all the other channels (HBO, Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, etc..) you'll have to get Direct TV or something. So, my family didn't want to pay for all that crap, so we only have Direct TV. :sarcasm: Which means, the ones that I'm seeing are re-runs from the first and second season with Drew Carey as the host. So....(whew) I haven't been able to watch the new season on my local channels, so I can't tell you what time it is. Sorry, man. :(