PDA

View Full Version : Good RTS's ?

Vicious_2003
Dec 24th, 2003, 03:57 PM
I really wanna buy a good RTS for my new computer. Ive got battlegrounds and dont want Age of Empires/Mythology. Also I cant run War of the Ring (Dont care for that game anyway). Any suggestions ? Or is there a new one on the way I should check out. I dont keep up on PC gaming..this is why I ask.

kupoartist
Dec 24th, 2003, 04:16 PM
I strongly recommend anything from the Homeworld Series: Homeworld, Homeworld: Catacylsm or Homeworld2. Best RTS's i've ever played. I'd personnally start with the first one, which is by far the best (gameplay and graphics wise, Homeworld 2 has the edge, but HW's story of desert outcasts treking across space back to their long forgotten home is a million times better than the hole ridden, overblown plots of the other two.)...

Mind you, i couldn't be certain that you'd pick them up and instantly love them. You have to be able to "think in 3D", and the interfaces are alledgedly confusing to some (no probs here). The demos can still be found on the net, though Homeworld 1's wasn't really revealing at all (the missions in it ammounted to training, and the damned thing stops when the enemies actually appear!!!)

hmm, what else. oh yes! Homeworld was so good, a brought a friend a copy :) . and, aside from various moans about Black & White, it's the only game i ever post in this sub-forum about :)

Nelo Angelo
Dec 24th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Rise of Nations.

Vicious_2003
Dec 29th, 2003, 06:32 PM
I researched some more titles taking both of your suggestions into account and ended up deciding on Rise of Nations.

Thanks you two, especially Nelo, this game is outstanding. Now, if you'll excuse me...im off to conqer the WORLD ! Bwahahahaha

Preventer Wind
Dec 29th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Just in case you want more game titles...

Well you can now play War Craft III. At least I hope so. I think that game got good reviews :laugh: Comand and Conquer is ok (John likes it a lot) Civ III is supposed to be good. Empire Earth was a good game (just to slow on my pc). Medievel: Total War and Stronghold looked good.