PDA

View Full Version : Where to start!!

Samoht
Dec 19th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Ok, so I went to visit my sister last weekend.
Saw that here PS2 was collecting dust so asked if she was still using it. Apparently she hasnt touch that thing for months and said I could have it. Cool!

So I went out and bought FFX, Kingdom Hearts, and Xenosaga1. Gotta love the prices for those.

Anyways, these are my first games on PS2. I do have an Xbox.

Which one should I start with in terms of understanding more about RPG's? I guess that would be the easiest one to play based on battle system, character building, etc.

Thanks in advance!

kupoartist
Dec 20th, 2003, 06:31 AM
hmm.... if you're new to RPGs and tend to be a Action based gamer, i'd think that Kingdom Hearts would kind of "ease" you in to the RPG style, because whilst it has many RPG elements, it also has a particuarly action-based combat system. I can't speak for Xenosaga (i'm european, which means I have the plague or something. publishers dare not come near us ^_^ ), but FFX is probably a bit more difficult to adjust to. Having said that, I picked up FFVIII (a few years ago of course) and it was a sort of love at first sight thing.

If you like what you see, you may wish to play some of the back catalogue FFs (or Xenogears for that matter - i believe it gets a "Greatest Hits" release soon in the US). That is assuming you never had a PS1 of course....

Samoht
Dec 26th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Well, I started playing Xenosaga. So far up to level 21-22 and on the Kukai colony running around doing quests. This is a really fun game, but the cinematic events are way too much! :laugh:

Redpyramidhead
Dec 29th, 2003, 06:33 AM
Samoht, when registering a name here did you by any chance mean to type "Samoth," the name of one of black metal's greatest guitarists ever? Excuse me if I am way off.

_RED_ stuff

Samoht
Dec 29th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Um..no.

Read it backwards! :laugh:

DSgamer
Dec 30th, 2003, 12:02 AM
ahahahhah genious!!!

Vulcan Raven
Dec 30th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Samoht

Um..no.

Read it backwards! :laugh:

Hay! thats my name too! (but i prefer to be called Tom)