PDA

View Full Version : what about the graphics of MGS3

Devil Snake
Mar 8th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Well kojima always put some thing new in his mgs series graphics .
like the graphics of mgs2 were great and it was the best graphics ever made in ps2.well there are three things which kojima can do for making better graphics in mgs3.

1.will Kojima be able to put more greater graphics mgs3 and will release it on ps2.(that is very difficult to be possible)
2.Will he put the graphics of mgs2 in mgs3 and release it on ps2. (that can be possible)
3.will he make more better graphics in mgs3 than mgs2 and will release it on ps3 or any gaming machine like that.(that is also a possibility)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 8th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Well number 1.Hideo wont be working on the next mgs.And on the graphis thing.I think if if wwas on ps2 we would just see alot cleaner looking game.And most likely it will be released on ps2

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 8th, 2002, 09:59 AM
I think they will use the same graphics format and just make the environment even more playable like shooting out ship windows. Showing the bullet holes in walls, If you shoot a nakita missile into a wall it will collapse stuff like that atleast thats what i hope happens

merylsilverburg
Mar 8th, 2002, 07:47 PM
The graphics of MGS2 were so eye-popping, that I don't see how they could improve it. Though I wouldn't mind! :D It's such a shame that Kojima-san won't be working on the next project. I heard he's working on some kind of father-son relationship type game. :peoples: Hmm....anyway, I do hope there will be more night missions and the graphics will be improved even more. But, I don't blame them if they can't do it. And, the next MGS HAS to be on the PS2, otherwise.....:mad:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 8th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Neo_Soldier28
I think they will use the same graphics format and just make the environment even more playable like shooting out ship windows. Showing the bullet holes in walls, If you shoot a nakita missile into a wall it will collapse stuff like that atleast thats what i hope happens

You can shoot holes in the walls and they show.Same with some windows.

MakgSnake
Mar 9th, 2002, 04:21 PM
I Dont Mind If MGS3 Comes Out With MGs2 Graphics. Graphics Doesn't Matter That Much To Me, The Gameplay And STORY Matters Alot!.!

I Think MGS2 Graphics Are Ahead Of Its Time. They Are GREAT, Simply Outstanding, So If MGS3 Comes Out With The SAME Graphics Are MGS2, It'll Still Be AWESOME, Infact BETTER, Cause The Game Will Be Released Sooner, As The Graphic Engine Would Be Ready, They'll Only Have To Creat A Stage And Add More Extra Moves On Snake.

I Cant Wait FOR MGS3....I'll Probably Get Admitted In Hospital Whenver I Hear The News!.! Man I Love METAL GEAR SERIES...

Aaahhhaahhaahh..... :nerv:

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Whoa, Makg....chill! If you have a heart attack when you hear the news, you probably won't be able to play the game when it comes out! :D It's okay...calm down.......:happy:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 9th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Makg has a great point with graphics not being everything.I just want a great story and some great gameplay.Also if i hear any news on a new mgs i'll also prolly join makg in the hosipital

BlackThornn
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:06 AM
MGS3 coming out with MGS2 graphics would be a bad move on Konami's part. Many hardcore MGS fans would play another chapter in the story of snake with MGS1 graphics and not complain, but hardcore fans only form a vital base of game profits. *begin hillbilly voice* They need ta make it purdy too. *end hillbilly voice* To cater to the broader audience. Not even just the entirely graphics oriented people that are the Xbox fanboys. (I used my favorite term for them earlier and it was censored out, so I'm working my way around it.)

On a kind of off note: Alot of people seem to think that the games that are coming out now are clawing at the edges of what the PS2 can do.. Nuh-uh. If people have learned anything it should be not to judge a console by any games before it's fifth year. Just as an example look at the difference just between FFVII and FFIX. If you actually compare it's really astounding. (though I bear a superficial grudge against FFIX due to the return of the superdeformed characters.. but that's just me)

If you ask me MGS3 will have a new engine, and one that will probably make even MGS2 look like the first solid installment by comparison. ^_^

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 10th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Very good points made there.Anyways if they did use an entirely new engine for the next one i wonder how good it would look

Esjay
May 28th, 2002, 10:48 AM
well I mean, the graphics WILL be good, whether they use a new engine or stick with MGS2s. Either way, I'd like to see more sunset and nighttime setings though, I didn't really feel comfortable with MGS2's daytime settng. But MGS3s graphics WILL be awesome...but you all knew that already

MakgSnake
May 28th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Esjay
I didn't really feel comfortable with MGS2's daytime settng.
WHAT? U Didn't Like The DAYTIME In MGS2? U Gotta Be Kidding Me!.! Cause Ive Never Seen Anything Like It In A VIDEOGAME Before. And I Loved The DAYTIME Settings, It was Beautiful... And Especially After Throughout NIGHTSETTING In MGS1!.!

Esjay
May 28th, 2002, 08:16 PM
I mean...just...the blue skies, they didn't fit well with the game's atmosphere. But when the sun started to set, it looked AWESOME