PDA

View Full Version : Do you...?

Hylas
Oct 25th, 2003, 03:17 PM
I'm curious to know if there's still someone around here who plays now and then with the old Playstation (and its games). Or do you play Playstation games on your PS2 when possible? Do you still own the old console or did you throw it away?

ssjtrunks13
Oct 25th, 2003, 08:06 PM
We still have our Playstation, I haven't been able to use it in a while though. Right now it's over at mom's house, looks like her kids got her into video games, or Final Fantasy IX at least. But if it was here I would have probably played FFO on it.

Spank-A-Thon
Oct 25th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Still got mine but ain't used it in a while... but it's still mu pride and joy!

- S

DSgamer
Oct 25th, 2003, 10:08 PM
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/arellano_roque/_images/Diego/foolsroom2.jpg

kupoartist
Oct 26th, 2003, 05:31 AM
Mine's still in place, sitting on top of my PS2, controllers and memory cards plugged in. I use both of my consoles - the PS1 for MGS (Freezes on the ending on the PS2) and FF Tactics (The Import Boot Disk would require a fiercer modding technique than sticking a bit of Bluetac under the Disk Lid with my PS2). I use my PS2 for the rest, though If my PS1 is already plugged in... well i'm lazy.

So my PS1 actually gets more use, because I only have 3 PS2 games (still!) whereas I have 12 PS1 games... PS2 games are grossly overpriced though.

I like old things anyway... I got my Mega Drive the other day and played through Sonic 2 again (as Tails :happy: )

Rei
Oct 26th, 2003, 08:05 AM
Nice pic gamer! :)

I still have mine, I could never throw it away! But I don't use it. I had to put it back to its original package because I needed space :heh:

tempted
Oct 26th, 2003, 09:16 AM
I still have mine and still keep playing same games on it because i have the PS2 in the living room and Psx on my bedroom ,i think i use more psx than ps2...so don't have a reason to throw it away or put in a corner...

Uchiha Sasuke
Oct 27th, 2003, 02:20 PM
I still play mine alot. For some reason when playing my PS1 games on my PS1 they have little defects in there visuals and sounds, espically Vigilante 8. So yeah I play my PS1 games on my PS1.

Vulcan Raven
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:10 AM
Yeah When i play MGS 1 on My PS2 it freezes at the end so i have my PSone set up right next to my PS2.

Since Gamecubes are so cheap i might buy one of them too to add to my console collection. and an XBOX, well im going to wait for a price drop...

so yes, we still all use our PS1's (exept for that sad guy who put his in the box in the corner....lol

~Grim Reaper~

XXAVIERR
Oct 28th, 2003, 10:39 AM
I gave mine away to my cousin. I didn't see the point in keeping it. All it was doing was collecting dust in my closet. I've still got a few of my games for it though: Legend of Dragoon, King of Fighters, and Final Fantasy. Since I got my PS2, I haven't even thought about playing my games from the PS1, I've had enough new games from the PS2 to keep me busy.

Beretta55
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:12 PM
I havent played my psone in awhile (since i was forced to give it to my father even though he doesnt play it at all..........) but i still do play my PSone games i started a new game of final fantasy 9 just recently. so i play my psone games on ps2 but not the psone....i think thats somewhere in the living room i'll find it later:P

Preventer Wind
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:03 PM
I gave my old psx to my Sister. I still play psx games on my ps2 though. Infact over the last couple of months I've purchased more psx games then ps2 games. All of them are RPGs. Still looking for Vagrant Story.

Carlito
Oct 29th, 2003, 03:09 PM
I still have mine, but don't turn it on often, for the reasons explained above by other people. Since I love my old consoles, I don't think I'll need or want to give it away. I still have old Nintendo systems too :D

DragonSphere
Oct 31st, 2003, 01:29 AM
Heh...I'm using my old PS1 as a deadweight right now to anchor down my CD rack since it always falls down at the slightest impact. If I'm gonna play any of my old PS games, than I just use the PS2.

REChick14
Oct 31st, 2003, 09:31 AM
I still have my Ps1. I could never throw it away. I have it downstairs and use it to play my ps1 games. I dont play on the ps1 as much as I do on the Ps2. My father uses it more. He likes to play sportsgameson it. I guess you could say its my Father's Ps1 now.

Gadzoox
Nov 1st, 2003, 12:50 AM
My brother inherited the PSone when I bought my own PS2... he still steals it to watch movies on though. I talked my parents into buying him his own PS2 for his birthday and they agreed! Hoorah! So I guess the old PSone is going to get traded in or something, which is alright because my dad won it at a golf game! ^^

I still play PSone games on my PS2 though, not as much as my PS2 games though.

Meiko
Nov 2nd, 2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

I still play PSone games on my PS2 though, not as much as my PS2 games though.

Me too. I still have the games, but not the console. I gave it away to one of my little cousins not a long time ago. But I didn't give all my games away, because I still like to play some of them on the PS2.

Infernal Mass
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:29 AM
yeah i use the ps2 for my psone gaming. started working my way thru Vagrant Story recently.

Piggle_humsy
Nov 21st, 2003, 10:57 AM
Well I still have my ps1 and I would play that if all the leads werent lost or broken, but b4 my ps2 broke :weep: I did play ps1 games on it all the time, just as much as my ps2 games, but now they all at my brothers flat where he is selfishly keeping his ps2 all to himself!!!! :frust:

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Big Dude
Nov 21st, 2003, 11:24 AM
Oh yeah, cant get rid of a gem like that, I do say! I keeping that one with me for as long as it takes for it to decompose. :P
I play it every now and then, I have it in my room so I usually play it when I cant fall a sleep at night.

DarkJacob
Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:56 AM
I play suikoden 1&2 on my ps2

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 18th, 2004, 11:14 AM
I still have 2 Ps1's, I don't play them unless I plan on playing my old RE or MGS games, mainly because my ps2 screws up the audio in some places.