PDA

View Full Version : FFX International= Omigod.

merylsilverburg
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Holy crap. I just read this in my latest issue of OPM and here is the article:

FFX International Hits Japan
Square Releases U.S. Version with New Features

Similar to what Square did with Final Fantasy VII a few years back, the company recently released the American version of Final Fantasy X (complete with the English voices) in Japan and dubbed it Final Fantasy X International. However, this new version also includes a bunch of extras that are sure to spark tons of jealously from gamers over here. What kinds of stuff are we talking about? Well, new bosses for one, along with a revamped sphere grid. And then there's the new scenario, too.
Found on the second disc (which also includes a few interviews and previews of Square's other upcoming games) is a new epilogue scene called Eternal Peacetime. A rather long cinema, *WARNING! MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!!!* it tells of how Yuna's fame has made her a powerful figure in Spira and how many men have attempted to win her hand in marriage. It also shows Wakka as the father of Lulu's unborn child. Rikku appears with a gift from Kimahri, which turns out to be a sphere, amazingly enough, recorded by Tidus. The entire team then reassembles and embarks on a mission to find out the truth behind the sphere. What's especially interesting about this movie is that it hints at a possible direct sequel to Final Fantasy X. It would be unprecedented for sure, but fans certainly wouldn't complain.

Omigod. Omigod....

IcyMourdor
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:55 PM
That sounds really cool

I'm really gonna have to try that.

Soul Angel
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Whoa so are they releasing the FFX International in America as well?
If they are then I wonder if Europe will get it too? :confused: (Probably not knowing my luck :( )

But I hope they do make a FFX Sequel, I think it could be good and it seems weird to have an ending like that with no sequel imo :)

DragonSphere
Mar 5th, 2002, 08:35 PM
I don't think it will come to U.S. shores, unless fans send like a petition or something to Squaresoft saying that they want it released. Just goes to show that Japan still and will always have the largest FF fan base.

kupoartist
Mar 6th, 2002, 02:24 PM
On the bright side though, the main point of FFX : International is to bring the English voices and text to Japan. It may be worth an import for you US guys and girls if you're serious As for all us in Europe, It wouldn't be impossible, but it wouldn't be all that easy to do. I'm not sure theres all the much in the way of features when you consider that Its mainly the English translation, though the Extra Bosses sound intriguing...

As for the "epilouge scene" I believe there is a script for a scene on the FFX : International disk, but that was left open as to whether it was an epilouge or a prolouge (I'd rather not read it myself, as I'm yet to play FFX but the Link is here (http://www.thegia.com/news/0201/n31a.html)

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 6th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Yeah I read the script and saw some screens a while back so I hope I get to see it on my own PS2. As for a sequel...that would be awesome! FFX is my favorite game!

DragonSphere
Mar 7th, 2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by the_artist
[COLOR=pink]On the bright side though, the main point of FFX : International is to bring the English voices and text to Japan. It may be worth an import for you US guys and girls if you're serious As for all us in Europe, It wouldn't be impossible, but it wouldn't be all that easy to do. I'm not sure theres all the much in the way of features when you consider that Its mainly the English translation, though the Extra Bosses sound intriguing...

I've been thinking of importing too. But I asked my brother to see if he can get a burned copy of FFX:IN in the Philliphines, since he just left like a few hours ago. It'd be much cheaper than importing it. Now all I need to get is an internal/external modchip for my PS2....