PDA

View Full Version : Gitaroo Man!

merylsilverburg
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Ha, ha! I can't stop laughing! I recently got my latest issue of OPM and I was playing the demo disc. There, I encountered this game called Gitaroo Man which is "Guitar Man" in Japanese. It's so cute! :happy: :love: I love a lot of the Japanese culture games and this game is fun to me! :) But, when I was playing the demo....I could not beat the demo! :laugh: Isn't that pathetic? Aah...but it's so much fun, even though mags gave it an average score. Has anyone here played the game yet?

Mercury Shadow
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:32 PM
I can't wait to get the new OPM because last months demos were for psone, and very weak ones too... I'm not too into the music genre, and the best one so far looks like Frequency. Gitaroo man looks a whole lot better than Pa Rappa... I hated Pa Rappa personally. I'll have to post again once I play the demo

merylsilverburg
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Yeah, Parappa really sucked. Everyone liked the first game, and didn't like the sequel, but I still think both sucked. On this month's demo, Merc, there's a lot of music games. There's Gitaroo Man, Frequency, and Parappa 2. I tried out Frequency, and it's pretty cool, but it's not my thing. :) I'm so into Gitaroo Man now.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 5th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Hay i saw gitaroo man on extended play.I dont really know if i would like it though

Mercury Shadow
Mar 5th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Well, I think Guitaroo Man will atleast be better than Maestro man, the Japanese only (I think?) game where you conduct symphonys and all... how can you get gameplay out of directing music? I mean, it'd be cool in real life, but vid games?

merylsilverburg
Mar 5th, 2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
Well, I think Guitaroo Man will atleast be better than Maestro man, the Japanese only (I think?) game where you conduct symphonys and all... how can you get gameplay out of directing music? I mean, it'd be cool in real life, but vid games?

Aahh! Mad Maestro sounds so kawaii desu! :love: I heard about it the same time as Ka (Mr. Mosquito)What you do is you play as a conductor, right? And, depending on how hard you press the buttons, vary the sound. And of course, being a simulation game too, it's almost like Ka.

Mercury Shadow
Mar 5th, 2002, 09:22 PM
hmm, so the buttons are pressure sensative? Well, that sounds better than what I heard... they made it out to be you waving around your conductor's stick thing to a certain rhythm, but changing the way they sound is cooler.

merylsilverburg
Mar 7th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Alright! I finally beat that stupid demo! *Gives pat on the back* Now, all I have to do is buy the game and beat that.....:roll:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 7th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Is the game even coming to the US?or is its staying across seas

merylsilverburg
Mar 7th, 2002, 07:39 PM
It should be out now in the US now. Otherwise, OPM wouldn't put it on their demo disc. Usually, most of their games are based on the ones in the US, so....and they also reviewed it too. It's such a fun game....but beware...your thumb (or whatever finger you use to push buttons) will be sore...

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 7th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Ha sounds fun im good at button pushing games.Gitaroo man beware

Mercury Shadow
Mar 7th, 2002, 07:55 PM
"beware...your thumb (or whatever finger you use to push buttons) will be sore..."

I like to use my toes :D

merylsilverburg
Mar 7th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Ha sounds fun im good at button pushing games.Gitaroo man beware

It's not as easy as you think! :p You have to use the left analog stick to point in the direction the cords flow and you have to push the button at the right time. That's only for when you're charging your life bar up to prepare for the "Battle". The "Battle" is a b****. You have to use all four buttons and push them rapidly as they come on the screen. And if you miss, a notch of your life goes down. Each time you're successful though, you slowly deplete the boss' life bar. It's so hard for me, I dunno why. I just finally beat it two nights ago. :p

merylsilverburg
Mar 7th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
"beware...your thumb (or whatever finger you use to push buttons) will be sore..."

I like to use my toes :D

:laugh: That's gonna be a bit tough for this game, Merc! Believe me!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 7th, 2002, 10:24 PM
Trust me i'll do well at it.Playin guitar has its benefits for video games too.

merylsilverburg
Mar 8th, 2002, 12:29 AM
Oh, that's right, SSSnake, you do play guitar. Well, consider yourself lucky that you don't have to struggle like I did. :)

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Wheee! I just got Gitaroo Man today! Still haven't played it yet, but I know there's a VS mode and hidden characters, and..and....oh it's just so kawaiiiiiii! :happy: