PDA

View Full Version : Your PS2 X-mas list

aj142
Sep 17th, 2003, 04:52 PM
What is everybody going to be asking for around X-mas time? Right now, I have only a couple of games that I’m definitely going to want to get, probably before X-mas actually. I already got Soul Calibur 2, and I know Half-Life 2 will be out before then (not sure if it's on PS2 though), but it looks like Spawn will take a little longer (http://www.namco.com/games/spawn ). Other than that, I’m not sure what’s due to be out by December.

Vic Viper
Sep 17th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Castlevania:LoI
Cy Girls
Virtua On Marz
kill.switch

Berserker
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:24 AM
Red sun rising(????, you know what I mean MOH ll;) )
Call of duty
Both for the ps2, I'm truely looking forward to Call of duty it's said it 's going to be released this fall but we all know how it works right?

ssjtrunks13
Sep 18th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Dragonball Z: Budokai 2(just because I need to save money for FFXI's monthly fee)
Castlevania: LoI
that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game
Dynasty Warriors 4: Xtreme Legends
Dragonball Z: Taiketsu(GBA)
Ultimate Battle 22
Final Fantasy X-2
the .Hack game series

Maximo Vs. the Army of Zin would be up there if Capcom hadn't pushed the release date back.

dan da man
Sep 18th, 2003, 10:30 AM
GT4

Chara
Sep 18th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Madden 2004 (I really want to enter the Madden challenge but I dont have my own copy of Madden 2004 to pratice with :()
Final Fantasy X2
Amplitude
Silent Hill 2 &3
Sould Calibur 2

kupoartist
Sep 19th, 2003, 12:51 PM
1. Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance
2. Dark Chronicle
3. Final Fantasy X-2

And if the companies in charge ever have the curtousy to release them in Europe:
1. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
2. Magic Pengel
3. Xenosaga Episode 1

Its all a bit irellevent though. There are loads of PC and GBA games I'd prefer over anyone of those. FFX-2 is waaayyy down the list. I'll probably get Golden Sun 2, Mario Advance 4 or 2 and hopefuly somthing like Thief III / UT2004 / Deus Ex 2 before any on my list (I got HW2 and HL2 for my Birthday, I'll buy Halo PC and FF Tactics Advance sometime before Christmas.)

aj142
Sep 19th, 2003, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I want MGS3 and Spawn. I don't know much about Castlevania though.

Virtualeclipse
Sep 19th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Mines is to have every game i dont have..hehe makes sense.Come on agree with me.

Redpyramidhead
Sep 20th, 2003, 12:46 AM
Are you nuts? :shock: It is so not time to be talking about christmas gifts yet. Well, I'll tell you some of the games I'm most interested in getting right now:

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

Castlevania's Harmony in Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow, Metroid Fusion (woops that GBA...my bad)

True Crime: Streets of L.A.

Soul Calibur 2

Driver 3!!!!*&#^!*^%#!!!!! :D :roll:

Need For Speed: Underground

Gran Turismo 4 (whats the release date on that?)

looks like a great year for driving games :heh:

Max Payne 2

Xenosaga 2

Ninja Turtles

Metal Gear Solid 3

Fatal Frame 2

LOTR: the two towers

LOTR: the return of the king

I'm sure there's more, but I would be lucky to get 2 of them between now and x-mas and any for x-mas.

_RED_ stuff

kittens&cats
Sep 20th, 2003, 03:57 AM
well here whats on my christmas list

1 jak 2
2 final fantasy x1 or
3 finaal fantasy x2
4 silent hill 3
5 eternal darkness (gc)
6 ratchet and clank 1
7 ratchet and clank 2

REChick14
Sep 21st, 2003, 08:34 AM
Ok well heres my X-Mas list. Many will be amazed on how many games I need. Please let Santa be good to me! j/k:happy:

Soul Caliber 2
Tomb Raider:AOD
Resident Evil : Dead Aim
Silent Hill 3
Onimusha 2
Head Hunter
Run Like Hell
Kingdom Hearts
Mortal Kombat: DA
The Thing
Fatal Frame 2
FFX-2
Max Payne 2
Chaos Legion
Man Hunt
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
BloodRayne
Kenetica

Uchiha Sasuke
Oct 17th, 2003, 09:40 PM
1.WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain
2.Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends
3.SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALS
4.Bloody Roar 4
5.Warhammer 40000: Fire Warrior
6.Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
7.Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly
8.Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
9.Final Fantasy X-2 (X2)
10.Manhunt
11.Cy Girls
12.Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
13.Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm

MakgSnake
Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:34 PM
Hmmm........ ok..

1.) Need For Speed: Underground
2.) Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun
3.) Fifa 2004
4.) Kill.Switch
5.) Prince Of Persia: Sands of Time (Might buy it for GameCube)
6.) Manhunt
7.) Syphon Filter: Omega Strain

But all these games, nobody is gonna buy me any. I am gonna get them myself. Hopefully I'll have some money...... cause I have tons of games to buy for other systems too. SHIT.......how the hell am I gonna save some money................I am soo dead.

Piggle_humsy
Nov 21st, 2003, 11:02 AM
Well on my xmas list it would have to be... oooh..um.... ooh.. Oh yeh A CONSOLE!!!! Coz Mine broke! :weep: Man Im missing playing my games so badly, And theres all these new games I played like once or twice b4 my console broke and now my brother has stolen them all to play at his place! damn him!

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

goodman
Nov 21st, 2003, 02:02 PM
Ding, its now official, my only for sure purchase will be Fatal Frame 2 upon its December release. I still have it on order with EBWorld for free shipping and a total cost of $49 shipped so i will be ready to rock with that. Otherwise i have all my games on wish/list at Half.com: Castlevania LOI $22, Medal of Honor Rising Sun $27, and Prince of Persia Sands of Time $30. When those games become available at those prices i will grab em...

DaBearz
Nov 28th, 2003, 06:36 PM
1. Socom II - Heard its the absolute best
2. Final Fantasy X-2 - Love this series
3. Medal of Honor II - First one rocked ?
4. Jak II or Ratchet and Clank II - Don't know where to go on this one.
5. Still haven't gotten a network adapter, I've been so hooked on online gaming ( PC ) with Counter-Strike and such, I'm just making the transfer to a fully console gamer, hopefully online play will boost my intrest in ps2 rather then to my PC

Short list, but it does.

kittens&cats
Dec 12th, 2003, 06:13 PM
well guys I can scratch eternal darkness off my christmas list
since I got on halloween and also here what I forgot to add
to my list

kya dark lineage
dark cloud 1
dark cloud 2

Redpyramidhead
Dec 14th, 2003, 07:00 AM
Games that would have been on my X-mas list but I broke down and bought them already:

1. Castlevania: LoI
2. Max Payne 2
3. NFS: Underground

Games on my X-mas list (if I get 1 of these I'm lucky):

1. LEgacy of Kain: Defiance
2. Manhunt
3. Dark Cloud 2 (yes I definately agree)
4. Fatal Frame 1 and 2
5. JAk 2
6. Ratchet and CLank 2
7. Ummmm... my mind is tired now...be back later :roll:

_RED_ stuff

merylsilverburg
Dec 15th, 2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

1. LEgacy of Kain: Defiance

_RED_ stuff

Hm, I'm glad someone else on here actually wants this game. Being the final installment for the series, it's the best and worst one (IMO). I finished the game during a weekend (one of the times I actually had freetime) and let me tell you one thing: Be prepared...especially if you're attached to the characters.

happy_doughnut
Dec 15th, 2003, 06:00 AM
I find that quite funny, for some reason. XD ^

Anyway, I want only one game for Christmas... and that would be:

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

I've been wanting that game since it came out, but everytime I went/go to some store to buy it, they're out. :disturb:

Yes, I really want it... if only I could find it. If I do, I'll probably give it to myself. XD

merylsilverburg
Dec 15th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by happy_doughnut

I find that quite funny, for some reason. XD ^

Ah, well...I really didn't mean for it to be funny because I'm actually quite serious...I didn't want to spoil the ending or reveal too much for Red, so I didn't say much. Maybe I should've said "Be prepared if you're emotionally attached to the characters" instead. :heh:

Beretta55
Dec 15th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Hm, I'm glad someone else on here actually wants this game. Being the final installment for the series, it's the best and worst one (IMO). I finished the game during a weekend (one of the times I actually had freetime) and let me tell you one thing: Be prepared...especially if you're attached to the characters.
I rented that game awhile ago and got pretty well into it. I was told by a friend not to beat it yet and go play the other soul reaver games since they continue with a story. Does this game have anything that i MUST know from the others? i'll buy the others eventully but i really have had my eyes set on this game for awhile.

merylsilverburg
Dec 15th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Beretta55

I rented that game awhile ago and got pretty well into it. I was told by a friend not to beat it yet and go play the other soul reaver games since they continue with a story. Does this game have anything that i MUST know from the others? i'll buy the others eventully but i really have had my eyes set on this game for awhile.

Beretta, you must go and rent Soul Reaver 1 and 2 in order to understand (or come close to understanding) "Defiance". Actually, this game really starts with the first game "Legacy of Kain" for the PS1, but a lot of things are explained in the Soul Reaver series.
If you want an explaination of the previous games, I'm afraid I cannot help you. The reason being is that the storyline is so confusing (and yet intriguing!) with a lot of things that are just...mind-boggling. Even after I beaten "Defiance", I still don't understand the plot fully. I'm sorry...you might be able to go to some fansites that could help. :)

Beretta55
Dec 15th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Beretta, you must go and rent Soul Reaver 1 and 2 in order to understand (or come close to understanding) "Defiance". Actually, this game really starts with the first game "Legacy of Kain" for the PS1, but a lot of things are explained in the Soul Reaver series.
If you want an explaination of the previous games, I'm afraid I cannot help you. The reason being is that the storyline is so confusing (and yet intriguing!) with a lot of things that are just...mind-boggling. Even after I beaten "Defiance", I still don't understand the plot fully. I'm sorry...you might be able to go to some fansites that could help. :)
Alright thanks i didnt want to go into a game then beat it and come out scratching my head,Thanks meryl :)

BTW for some odd reason i didnt receive your pm message,wonder if my pm system is messing up:confused:

PS2Girl
Dec 24th, 2003, 07:46 PM
some of mine are:

true crime:streets of l.a.
MOH:Rising Sun
Need For Speed: Underground
Madden 2004

.....and others

Vulcan Raven
Dec 25th, 2003, 02:04 AM
Well its December 25th over in NZ and i got Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun.

Its a great game! ( but im pissed about those fuken japs with katana blades and bayonets taking suicide runs at you and stabbing you in the back!) the enemy A.I system is quite good as i shoot an enemy in the leg/arm..etc and he drops appearing to be dead..you walk over him and BANG! he gets up and starts firing you with some japanese pop-gun!

The co-op and Multiplayer modes were something i thought MOH always needed, and here they are!

I have not had the chance to play the 'online multiplayer' but i bet it will be awesome!

Okay this is Xmas wish list so i may move this part into Action/Adventure!

Merry Xmas Gamers!

~Tom 'the Grim Reaper'~