PDA

View Full Version : Why I changed my name

Spirit
Mar 4th, 2002, 10:33 PM
well, why exactly did I?
It's probably b/c I have to leave a lot of stuff behind me and move on from my old user name. Besides SS is not very well respected on the net at a lot of other places. I also hate when ppl call me "slayer" it sounds so silly, but spirit and SS is nice :) I also wanted to make my name simple and not really exotic. Also Spirit reffers to my believe in god, since god is all around us we don't need to do anything but be nice throughout our life and in the end ventuire toward "heaven" something they call "nirvana" in hinduism. So as I venture towards such a place I shall become a Spirit lol. There are many other reasons for this, but I'm not going into, so I'll stop here.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 4th, 2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Spirit
well, why exactly did I?
It's probably b/c I have to leave a lot of stuff behind me and move on from my old user name. Besides SS is not very well respected on the net at a lot of other places. I also hate when ppl call me "slayer" it sounds so silly, but spirit and SS is nice :) I also wanted to make my name simple and not really exotic. Also Spirit reffers to my believe in god, since god is all around us we don't need to do anything but be nice throughout our life and in the end ventuire toward "heaven" something they call "nirvana" in hinduism. So as I venture towards such a place I shall become a Spirit lol. There are many other reasons for this, but I'm not going into, so I'll stop here.

Got some interesting reasons for changing your name.But how did you do it

Soul Angel
Mar 4th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Hmm so that's some of the reasons why you changed your name to Spirit :)

Spirit
Mar 4th, 2002, 11:31 PM
heh some reasons shouldn't be said

talon101
Mar 5th, 2002, 01:14 AM
kool banner soul

i recon its a good change:ghost:

Mercury Shadow
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:43 AM
I was wondering why you changed your name

BowevelJoe
Mar 5th, 2002, 07:45 AM
haha thats cool man, how did you change you name and keep you postcount?

Spirit
Mar 5th, 2002, 07:55 AM
it's not such a hard task to do as an admninistrator, but you can't do it yourself, and I don't think I should mention this, since everyone would want to change their names every week lol, so don't this is like the only time I need to change my name =P

IcyMourdor
Mar 5th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake

Got some interesting reasons for changing your name.But how did you do it

All you have to do is create a new account and ask the admins to return your post count. This doesn't happen to often, so people shouldn't ask to change your name.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 5th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Well that is a good reason to change your nickname.

Spirit
Mar 5th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Mourdor

All you have to do is create a new account and ask the admins to return your post count. This doesn't happen to often, so people shouldn't ask to change your name.
correction, all you have to do is ask an administrator to change the name of your account, I repeat you don't have to make a new name, since that just wastes space on the servers :/

007_JamesBond
Mar 5th, 2002, 12:23 PM
good reasons, and I like it

Pu the Owl
Mar 5th, 2002, 02:50 PM
No need to sign with a new account and delete the old one: if you ask I can edit your profile from the Admin Control Panel and change the name. But if you want others to know exactly who you are, I recommend to not ask for multiple changes.

Spirit
Mar 5th, 2002, 02:53 PM
haha, yea don't make the adm work too hard =P

Mercury Shadow
Mar 5th, 2002, 09:25 PM
we can't get lazy admins around here :nono: :)

talon101
Mar 5th, 2002, 11:16 PM
yea i dont think the amd would like everyone asking them to change their name

The Skum
Mar 26th, 2002, 07:27 AM
The admins wouldnt be mad,they would be glad to help,since theyre friendly ;)