PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on!?

blindman
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:33 PM
OK, im typing links to (lets say) test results i get online here on this site and guess what...you cant see them!!!! I tried but it didnt work, i also tried [IMG and stuff, even [url but nothing worked.
If you look at my sig, theres a link to my site but you cant see it could you?

Well, im trying to advertise my site, because we need lots of members, and since here, there are tons of active members i thought i should advertise here, since (if you saw/remmber) i posted a thread talking about how good this site is....and i meant everything!
But thats my problem i cant seem to post anytype of links because they wont appear.
Anyway, if you can help me out i thank you in advance.

Nelo Angelo
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:52 PM
I'm guessing because it's HTML.

And HTML is off here.

blindman
Jul 28th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Oh thanks dude. I guess someone shoulda told me.:disturb: no im jus playing:laugh:

Hylas
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Sorry Blindman, but you can't advertise for your site here. It's considered spam, and if you do it, mods will have to delete or edit your posts.

And yes, HTML is disabled, so that's why the codes aren't working.

Pu the Owl
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:19 PM
I got a report for this thread just few seconds ago, so I suppose I have to reply.

First of all, what Nelo Angelo and Hylas said is true: HTML coding is disabled on these boards, so you can't use it to paste codes or to format your posts.

Then, regarding your site: it's a general rule, we've asked anyone to not advertise for personal or videogaming sites, for forums or whatever. You can't. No links apart from the ones you have in your personal profile and in signatures. You can't get hits by posting threads with this purpose on these boards. If anybody decided to do it, we'd have tons of spammy threads all around this place, you know... To be fair, we decided to not allow this kind of posts at all. If you open a thread to ask people to join your forum, it'll be closed, edited or deleted, depending on the case. It's nothing against you and your site. I have other sites too, and I don't go around asking our members to visit them. Nobody here does. So please, don't do it. Just keep the link in your signature, so that by clicking on it people will be able to visit it.

Thanks.

blindman
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Thats the thing, im trying to use the coding for the Eghq board...theres this little like button and when you click it, it gets you to the website.

But hey, ill just put it as a normal thing then. I dont advertise my site, i understand the spamming part. I hate that too.
I was just wondering.
Um...well, i know i wont get any hits with what i was going but hey...i did get some people to join (who dont post anymore)...but i didnt mean to spam.
Hope you guys know that.

from your trusty dude. -Blindman;)

Pu the Owl
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:36 PM
As I said, it's nothing against you or anybody else, it's just to have a rule for any member to follow, just to prevent this place to become a spam feast, where people just register to advertise for their sites. That'd be awful, and that's what happens if you let anybody post their links all around. I'm not questioning your intentions :)

blindman
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Ah don't worry. If someone wants to go to the site i work in (not my site though) they can go....but i warn you about the admin...he can get a bit ego trapped.

Um...well ive warned you.
Uh... Woah i've only got 486 posts? i swore i had more than that...
heh but thats not my goal.

I wouldn't want this place to be "Spam-Land" because then, it wouldn't be a gaming forum...it would be an advertising forum...if there is such..i would hate it.
Thanks again for the info (did i thank ye before? i dont know...short memory/brainfart).
Excuse me...

Hylas
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Blindman
but i warn you about the admin...he can get a bit ego trapped.

Yeah, some admins are like that. I think it's pretty bad, when this happens, especially for normal members :disturb:

blindman
Aug 12th, 2003, 09:45 PM
I was actually banned from a site because the admin (and the staff) where so screwed up I had to tell them. Then they offended me...so i had to offend them back...

ME: "you're really f*'d up for an Administrator"
Admin: "You're really f*'d up for a chatter"

Admin: "You can't talk about this site. You don't pay for it"
ME: "Why would i pay for S*'t?"

and so on and so forth until he kicked me out of the chat.

*Sigh* that was a bit ago. But heh, i guess noone cares.

Um...thats the onlything bringing the site back...is the admin ( i mean my site).

Hylas
Aug 13th, 2003, 09:45 AM
In forums, it's really easy to get offended or to offend someone. You say something, the other person takes it the wrong way, and it's war. Same if you post excessive declarations regarding something. In real life you'd probably have a good laugh about it, but in forums or chatrooms, it becomes impossible to deal with these kind of things, because people usually say something like this especially to shock or to unnerve others, sometimes they don't even think what they say. So, this is a reason troubles seem to happen more often than usual in places like chatrooms or forums. Some admins even like to cause unpleasant situations sometimes, just because it's fun. I left a couple of forums many months ago for this reason: the admins and mods were the first ones to be offensive towards members, when for example they posted newbie questions or asked for help and stuff like that. I think these persons should stay away from their moderating duties :disturb:

blindman
Aug 13th, 2003, 09:55 AM
You probably already know, but I'm a mod, and the last thing i like to do is offend. Um...I did leave a couple of other forums because of that reason either, sometimes the admin, just because he bought and works on the website thinks that members are not human and treat them like crap. The only reason to why i stand up with the crap that the admin at my website does to some members sometimes is because im a mod so i can't really talk back to him...but if i was a normal member...urgh.
Im sorry to the people in this site that joined my site because its embarrassing to watch my admin and even some of the members gang up on them. Im like the only Mod that welcomes the other person...
*sigh* nice first time being a mod. :(

The above is also why i dont like chatrooms in a forum website.

Zephyr
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:25 PM
You can still put http:// or images as long as they go with the post (hope thats right). But anyways, I like to be nice to people and not spam - even though I seem to have offended one person these boards a while back. But anyways, put me right if I do offend - i don't mean to.

blindman
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:20 PM
I hate spamming, i hope something happens to all the spammers in this world. I mean, its so stupid, why would anyone want to spam...anyway. Unless they really hate the site and so on and so forth but not even then.

Zephyr
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Spamming is a way of advertising but its also a way of annoying the legitimate users of a forum. But of course, you knew that already - right? I mean I don't see the point in it anyways, nobody looks at it - its just a waste of space but anyways

Why aren't we allowed to delete posts we don't want that we created?

Hylas
Aug 15th, 2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
Why aren't we allowed to delete posts we don't want that we created?

You can delete your own threads/posts: you have to click on "edit" button and check the "delete" field in the edit panel. That's all. I've done it more than once and it always worked.

Carlito
Aug 15th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Zephyr, the option that allows members to delete their own threads is enabled, are you sure you cannot use it?

blindman
Aug 17th, 2003, 07:01 PM
That was an amazing idea...how you get to delete your own posts and threads.

"TrunksStrikes says HI!!!! to all!!!! he misses you all"

Hylas
Aug 18th, 2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Hylas

You can delete your own threads/posts: you have to click on "edit" button and check the "delete" field in the edit panel.

It was written in my previous post...