PDA

View Full Version : Solid Snake Movie

Virtualeclipse
Jul 18th, 2003, 11:09 AM
You know....... It would be damn cool if they came out with a metal gear movie. Who agrees. It would be action packed.

TtTackler
Jul 18th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Hideo said that is a no go, if it were to go, it would be done by the Wachoski Brothers (sp?), the guys who did The Matrix.

Reid
Jul 18th, 2003, 03:39 PM
I don't know . . . .

I can't imagine a Metal Gear movie actually being any good. The problem is that the games already have so much characteristic with the familiar voice actors and the already tightly directed Codec conversations and cinemas.

dan da man
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by TtTackler

Hideo said that is a no go, if it were to go, it would be done by the Wachoski Brothers (sp?), the guys who did The Matrix.

Nah not them dircetors, koijma himslef if its a new type of moive, but if it was a cpor of a movie, yea!

Metal gear movie would ruin the series. (games)

Vic Viper
Jul 19th, 2003, 02:38 PM
no thanks.

Dark Angel
Jul 19th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Dear lord that's a lot of green!!!

EDIT: Oh damn, Vic changed his sig.....so it's not green now..

Frozen
Jul 22nd, 2003, 01:43 PM
Who wants a freaking movie when these games are movies themselves? :D

Jubei
Jul 30th, 2003, 09:35 PM
nah a movie would ruin the series, and for more than one reason.

A.It would be given to a director who knows nothing of the games, resident evil any1?

B.he'd more than likely add and change stuff that would annoy true fans of the game.

C.It's failure would tarnish the series.

hope its a definate no go.

dan da man
Jul 31st, 2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Frozen

Who wants a freaking movie when these games are movies themselves? :D

Theres your answer!

Dark Angel
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:23 PM
Are there any good video game movies? I mean the Hollywoodised type, as some of the anime Street Fighter films were good.

Frozen
Aug 1st, 2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Dark Angel

Are there any good video game movies? I mean the Hollywoodised type, as some of the anime Street Fighter films were good.

Super Mario BROS. Watch it now!

:laugh: Actually I never saw that show of satanism, and probably never will, and if I do, it will be against my free will. As well as that screwd up street Fighter movie.

Honestly there's nothing that comes to my mind... FF Spirits withing is a pretty cool sci-fi movie, but it's not even live action and the only thing it has about Final Fantasy is the title...

Hero
Aug 3rd, 2003, 04:21 AM
It was a remote possibility that a MGS movie would come out, but Hideo Kojima said if it went through, he would be co-producing it. The saddening truth is that they were considering using "Tom Cruise" as Snake. I guess it goes well because any other top dollar actor would want his over-rated plastic surgery modified face all over anything that had to do with the movie. Hideo probably wouldn't want anyone else's face on his games, and Tom Cruise has a licensing on his face. Any game made based off of his movies: Action figures, etc. Nothing has Tom Cruise's face on it. (A la Top Gun, Minority Report, Mission: Impossible)

I personally think Tom Cruise would ruin the series if the movie went through. Hugh Jackman would play Solid VERY well.

dan da man
Aug 3rd, 2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Hero

I personally think Tom Cruise would ruin the series if the movie went through. Hugh Jackman would play Solid VERY well.

I hate Hugh Jackman! Kurt Russel would make the best Snake!:mad:

Frozen
Aug 4th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

I hate Hugh Jackman! Kurt Russel would make the best Snake!:mad:

Ugh... Kurt Russel is a great actor but he resmbles SHIT of Snake. But put some glasses on him and he'll be a perfect Otacon. :P

They would really screw up big time if they put Cruise as Snake... just the thought of it gives me the creeps XD

Hero
Aug 4th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
They would really screw up big time if they put Cruise as Snake... just the thought of it gives me the creeps XD

Yeah, and if you remember how Kurt Russel talked in "Big Trouble in Little China" when he was pretending to be a customer at the female place, then you'll KNOW he can be a super geek.

Yeah Tom Cruise wouldn't fit the bar because he can't be stealthy, they would see his nose. :laugh:

Vic Viper
Aug 4th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Dark Angel

mortal kombat was pretty good. :)

dan da man
Aug 4th, 2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Vic Viper

mortal kombat was pretty good. :)

It was alright, probally not a violent as the videogame.

nemesis
Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:03 AM
if you really start to think... metal gear solid was allready a movie.. well MGS2 was... the peopple in that game were quite real and the best of it they sll had own personalityes. soo when you start to think it all ready is a movie :roll: :P

David
Aug 24th, 2003, 08:21 AM

Nah not them dircetors, koijma himslef if its a new type of moive, but if it was a cpor of a movie, yea!

Metal gear movie would ruin the series. (games)
The series would not get ruin because think of Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider is still a hit and they have one of the hottest movies out in Theaters right now. And Resident Evil, come on, a excellent horror movie and a great game still. I say, go for the MGS movie!

ssjtrunks13
Aug 24th, 2003, 09:22 AM
The Resident Evil movie was horror? I thought horror movies were supposed to be scary.

Anyway, I think a MGS movie sounds bad just because I know they wouldn't be able to get someone famous who I think would do a great job with some of the characters, for the guys anyway. I think the ladies are easier to cast for these kinda things.

dan da man
Aug 24th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

The Resident Evil movie was horror? I thought horror movies were supposed to be scary.

Yes, that movie was nothing like the game, if it was RE the game but real, it would.

David
Aug 24th, 2003, 10:49 AM
Who said that a movie about a game need to be the exact game story as the movie. They gotten most of the RE monsters and brought it as a new story, who wants MGS as it's original story, have somethin close to it and make it into a different story into a movie detail.

Like, we would know how it started and ended if it had the same story line as the game.... it would be boring. Be creative guys and girls, and don't stick your faces to reality all the time, makes you..... look like less intertaining.

dan da man
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Yeah, thats how YOU want it, and there wont be a movie as Kojima said a 1 or 2 ago, "MGS2 is just like a movie", which it is.

David
Aug 25th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Your point...? I'm just saying that a MGS movie would be something to see. And your right that's my opinion, but I don't need YOU to disapoint it. And also I don't care if they made a MGS movie, im just provin a point that some movies about a game hasn't broken it's style of the game. Look around, maybe you'll see what im talkin about.

dan da man
Aug 26th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by David

Your point...? I'm just saying that a MGS movie would be something to see. And your right that's my opinion, but I don't need YOU to disapoint it. And also I don't care if they made a MGS movie, im just provin a point that some movies about a game hasn't broken it's style of the game. Look around, maybe you'll see what im talkin about.

I dont want a mgs movie, and you do, and why you coming back all smart, I never said movie ruins all games, and it is my point!

David
Aug 29th, 2003, 01:39 PM

I dont want a mgs movie, and you do, and why you coming back all smart, I never said movie ruins all games, and it is my point!

Good question, but you know what, maybe we should stop, because this is childish, and I would never see you and I in a argument before because of a stupid opinions of ours. And i too, do not care about a Metal Gear Solid movie. I just get stuck up and carried away on my opinions like you are doing too. Alright... Truce dude?

dan da man
Aug 29th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Yes, sorry, truce man.

Virtualeclipse
Sep 20th, 2003, 08:50 PM
they should come out with a movie. Ill be full of action and will probably be a hit. Do u know how many mgs fans there are out there

Vulcan Raven
Sep 24th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Exactly Frozen! why make a movie when the games are aleady a movie!

look @ the Graphics and storyline....its already a movie!!!!!

http://www.gamer.no/bilder/ps2/metal_gear_solid_2/metal_gear_solid_2-3.jpg

and thank you the artist and ssjtrunks ! you are a lifesaver!!

dan da man
Sep 29th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Grim_Reaper

Exactly Frozen! why make a movie when the games are aleady a movie!

look @ the Graphics and storyline....its already a movie!!!!!

http://www.gamer.no/bilder/ps2/metal_gear_solid_2/metal_gear_solid_2-3.jpg

and thank you the artist and ssjtrunks ! you are a lifesaver!!

Thats a video game, does it have real actors? whats the point of making a film of a video game if it just going to look like a video game, make it real atleast.

Vulcan Raven
Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:29 AM
erm...

Dan,

you may think you are the man, ( you may BE the man, ive just never met you!)

anyway,

lets just think about this.

Real Actors.

If Van Damme was snake and Britney Spears was Raiden,

it just wouldnt have the same feeling to it.

you would never feel the same about mgs.

when you are playing your new copy of MGS3, snake comes on and you think, hehe Van Damme!

and when you see Raiden, you'll think hehe Britney Spears!!!

so just think about that dan.

no offence to you man so dont take it the wrong way.

and Truce in Advance.

Stealth Ninga Gray Fox.

dan da man
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Vic Viper

no thanks.

Word, no reciept please:P

Virtualeclipse
Oct 21st, 2003, 07:50 PM
When I play resident evil i dont think about the movie. We all have different minds. We think what we think. If you saw the movie you might think of the actors when playing the game. Im different Grim Reaper. I see things DIFFERENTLY. I dont think of Raiden as Britany spears if she as in the movie. Soo what my point is, you think what you think.

Vulcan Raven
Oct 23rd, 2003, 01:57 AM
[/quote]
When I play resident evil i dont think about the movie. We all have different minds. We think what we think. If you saw the movie you might think of the actors when playing the game. Im different Grim Reaper. I see things DIFFERENTLY. I dont think of Raiden as Britany spears if she as in the movie. Soo what my point is, you think what you think.
[/quote]

very true Reanimation,

i feel the same way, its just for ppl who go to see it and havnt played the game before. that would ruin the image for them when they play the game.

not that i care cause the gamers are all i care of.

and of course we dont think of the actors when we play the game cos we played the game first!

even tho i saw the movie first i wud feel the same