PDA

View Full Version : PAL PS2 In USA???

jiggamanchild
Jul 16th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Hey guys, I have a PAL PS2 and have currently moved to USA. The problem is when I plug it in the TV, the picture is rolling up. I think it got something to do with the Frequency or something. What can I do to solve this? I know that americans that take their PS2 to Europe can buy a RBG cabel, but is there such a thing for europeins that go to US. I haven't played my PS2 in about two weeks, and it's driving me crazy... :roll: can anybody help me out, please???

PS2 Rules!!! ;)

hijakedGTR
Jul 17th, 2003, 07:55 AM
try a 'scart' cable this should work? if not simply buy an american ps2.. problem fixed

jiggamanchild
Jul 17th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Naw man, that won't work... I need a PAL to NTSC converter, but they're really expensive... Anybody know where I can buy (or possibly TRADE in my european PAL PS2, for an american PS2 with a modchip??) cause I want to be able to play my european games too...

dan da man
Jul 17th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Nothing you can do, buy a yankee ps2.

chronicc
Jul 17th, 2003, 06:42 PM
you need a PAL compatible TV, if there is such a thing over there, or a PAL tv. I know this becuase my American Xbox and Gamecube only gets a full picture with an NTSC compatible TV. I dunno if you can get a PAL compatible. And buying a US PS2 is a bad idea becuase all your PAL games would be useless. If you can get a PAL tv to work over there you should get a perfect picture.

dan da man
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by chronicc

you need a PAL compatible TV, if there is such a thing over there, or a PAL tv. I know this becuase my American Xbox and Gamecube only gets a full picture with an NTSC compatible TV. I dunno if you can get a PAL compatible. And buying a US PS2 is a bad idea becuase all your PAL games would be useless. If you can get a PAL tv to work over there you should get a perfect picture.

If you did that way jigga, you still could'nt watch normal TV, trust me, you need to get a NTSC ps2. And you would waste alot of time and MONEY inporting one over. (tv)

chronicc
Jul 20th, 2003, 04:13 PM
You could watch TV, as long as you have a NTSC TV from America that is PAL compatible. A PAL TV wouldnt work for TV obviously, but would work for PAL input devices such has his PS2..

dan da man
Jul 20th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Alright, but it would be a LOT cheaper just to get a Amercian PS2!! its upto him now to decide, we've game him the options!

chronicc
Jul 21st, 2003, 02:50 PM
It wouldnt be cheaper to just buy the PS2, hes have to buy all his games again too. Even if he sold his games hes still gonna lose some cash.

dan da man
Jul 21st, 2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by chronicc

It wouldnt be cheaper to just buy the PS2, hes have to buy all his games again too. Even if he sold his games hes still gonna lose some cash.

Well, he's moved country, its obvious, he's going to do alot more changing things aswell.

Bl4ze
Aug 12th, 2003, 03:30 PM
OK, I dont live in America so don't bite my head off if I'm wrong.

Over here you can bring your NTSC video/DVD/PS2/XBOX etc. equipment and play them freely on an NTSC COMPATIBLE TV. So in the USA obviously you would need a PAL compatible TV (if one exists in America). Doing so will allow you to play your PS2 on a PAL compatible TV and no rolling. :)