PDA

View Full Version : help, disc read errors!!

caravan
Jul 5th, 2003, 03:21 PM
my ps2 has gradually stopped reading discs. staring with the blue ones, and now all of them. sometimes reads after hours of trying, but only newer discs and very rarely. no more waranty. tried laser cleaners. please help...

blindman
Jul 5th, 2003, 06:39 PM
You better get it repaired, or, if you don't or can't...try cleaning it a little. A question...did you keep it clean while you had it? was it full of dust? you never know, things like computers and consoles pick up dust from the sides and the back and stuff, and lots of that dust goes inside the ps2 damaging it.
Try cleaning it, if it doesn't work, try paying to get it repaired.
I told you what i know dude.

Vic Viper
Jul 5th, 2003, 07:27 PM
your better off calling sony ask them to repair the problem.

Vicious_2003
Jul 5th, 2003, 09:46 PM
This is a problem that both Preventer Wind from these forums had. The solution for both out disc read error problems was a failry simple cleaning. Open that puppy up and take a can of air to it (Thats what Preventer did) or you can just use a duster etc. Under the little rubber feet things on the PS2's bottom are screws. There s a bunch of them so look around. Cut the lisence sticker and open that sucker up. You may want to find a detailed guide online for more thurough instructions. But according to Preventer and the friend I sold my PS2 to it worked magic. Id strongly suggest you give that a try

omni vengeance
Jul 5th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Meh, that's what happened to my first PS2. Best bet is to buy a new one. That's what I did, at least.

Big Dude
Jul 8th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Im having a slight disc read error as well... I went and did all the fancy cleaning stuff (dusted 'er out and cleaned the lense and such) and I thought it was all good again. Now it wont play cd's. :disturb: It'll play the dvd discs just fine... its just cd's...
Did you know: the colored bottom ps2 games are on cd's. I did not realize this till I looked down in the cornner of the case, they say "compact disc" and normal bottom ones say "dvd rom".
So I cant play those games, ps1 games, or music cd's on it. :cry:

Dose anyone have any explainations for this (or is it sony just being cheap and they'll just tell me to give them more money so i can go get a new one and wait for the same thing to happen again)?

FinalFantasyX-2
Jul 21st, 2003, 09:07 AM
It's already July 21st did you fix you problem or not, i would just use the air spra y can the he mentioned, thaqts what i use for my computer filter, when the fan stops the computer might go BOOM! So you have to clean it soemhow so is your problem solved yet?