PDA

View Full Version : MGS: beating Psycho Mantis!

Mana
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:25 PM
How can I beat him? I don't understand...I just can't hit him!
Is there some technique to kill him?
I tried several times, but I'm always defeated :p

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:41 PM
Well heres the stragety.You can't hit him because he can read your mine,so switch your controller ports and then you can shoot him and he can't read your movements.If you wanna beat him another way,you can die 3 times and then shoot the statues to take away his power.Hope this helps

jenova_jeb
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:41 PM
If you call the colonel, he'll tell you that if you put the controller in port two, Mantis won't be able to read your mind. :ghost:

Pu the Owl
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:49 PM
I had some difficulties too, because if you don't ask the colonel, you won't be able to guess what to do!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:19 AM
Yeah the colonel know all call him before every boss fight

nanjij
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:31 AM
my friend said u can beat him without changing slots but its really hard

LiquidSm0ke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by nanjij
my friend said u can beat him without changing slots but its really hard

I dont think it's possible, since he knows what button you're gonna push.

GaseousSnake
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:58 PM
I dont think thats possible nanjij cuz mantis knows every single movement that u make.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by LiquidSm0ke

I dont think it's possible, since he knows what button you're gonna push.

You can beat him by not switching slots,on about the 3rd try shoot the statues and he wont beable to read your moves

LiquidSm0ke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

You can beat him by not switching slots,on about the 3rd try shoot the statues and he wont beable to read your moves

Oh yeah... I forgot about that. :heh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:04 AM
Yeah the stragety's a fun alternative

Reid
Mar 3rd, 2002, 08:47 PM
Isn't it a bit odd that sometimes the screen turns black and green letters saying, "HIDEO" appear, then resize?
The first time I played it, I didn't know Hideo Kojima's name so I thought my TV was messing up.
:p

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Reid
Isn't it a bit odd that sometimes the screen turns black and green letters saying, "HIDEO" appear, then resize?
The first time I played it, I didn't know Hideo Kojima's name so I thought my TV was messing up.
:p

Yeah so did i.I see the screen go black and im like "what the H#ll

jenova_jeb
Mar 5th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I know. I thought my game was screwed or something. That's pretty weird that they would do that though.:shock:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 6th, 2002, 05:20 PM
I think if your really desperate and if you got the bandana.Equip the fa mas and the bandana and shoot like mad in every direction.I think you can hit him.