PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Threads?

blindman
Jun 17th, 2003, 05:52 PM
I just wanted to know the difference between a normal thread and a sticky thread...i've been around..and i've seen STICKY beside a thread...so i wanted o know wy thats there for.

Rei
Jun 17th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Sticky threads are threads that are always on top of the threads page. Moderators can decide to stick/unstick threads when necessary.

blindman
Jun 17th, 2003, 06:17 PM
When moderators stick a thread...does it mean it stays in that spot forever?

Rei
Jun 17th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Not forever... only until the mod doesn't decide it's time to unstick it :P

blindman
Jun 17th, 2003, 06:25 PM
K, thanks.

dan da man
Jun 19th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Honeslty blindman, you are like a little kid always asking questions!

blindman
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Oh yeah Dan thats me:laugh: im just always unsure about somethings an di know that the better way to know somehing is by asking. Even though i annoy people with it.

Beretta55
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

Honeslty blindman, you are like a little kid always asking questions!
you know what they say.....knowledge is power;)

anyway if you have any other questions blindman feel free to ask anytime :)

blindman
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Beretta55

you know what they say.....knowledge is power;)

anyway if you have any other questions blindman feel free to ask anytime :)

You know, i just try not to ask too many questions.

Hylas
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:36 PM
No really, better asking question when you need it than not asking and causing a mess because you don't want to ask. Not saying you'll cause a mess, just a suggestion for anyone who feels he has questions to ask ;)

dan da man
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Hylas

No really, better asking question when you need it than not asking and causing a mess because you don't want to ask. Not saying you'll cause a mess, just a suggestion for anyone who feels he has questions to ask ;)

Well I suppose, none of us want to mess up when we are new to something;).

blindman
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Thanks to all... but to tell you the truth..i dont think i consider myself new anymore:cool:

Hylas
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Not only newbies can ask questions. But people that are not newbies anymore often feel like it would be a shame to ask, considering they've beeen members for a longer time. So it happens they can make mistakes too or that they simply avoid anything that could be dangerous for their reputation :right:

blindman
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:48 PM
I still dont know too many things about this site...but im just too blank in my mind to remember where to start:P

Hylas
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Of course, yu should ask only when you have clear in mind what you want to know. When you feel the urge to understand something, not all the time. That's a great problem with newbies (I have nothing against them anyways): they want to ask qestions even before they think about what they need to know and they don't care much about how the place works in general.

dan da man
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Blindman

I still dont know too many things about this site...but im just too blank in my mind to remember where to start:P

When you've been a member for about 6 months posting in every forum you like, you get to know the place better, its my second home this place:D.

blindman
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:55 PM

Of course, yu should ask only when you have clear in mind what you want to know. When you feel the urge to understand something, not all the time. That's a great problem with newbies (I have nothing against them anyways): they want to ask qestions even before they think about what they need to know and they don't care much about how the place works in general.

i try to avoid that as often as possble for i dont like when it happens myself.
I sometimes dont think before posting a question...well not posting but asking overall...but more times than none, i know what i want to know so i ask.

Hylas
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:55 PM

When you've been a member for about 6 months posting in every forum you like, you get to know the place better, its my second home this place:D.

I have been here for almost two years (I was among the first 6 or 7 members) and that's why sometimes it seems I'm pretty rude to newbies with my replies. But anyway, rules are simple and some common sense is useful to understand what to do. Like in any other community.

blindman
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Well, not everyone is too rude for me inmy own sense because i like to counterattack and piss'em off...but that only happens when im seriously in a bad mood and something bad happens. I dont usually yell at people, and i dont want to either.
But blah where am i going? bottom line is.. if someone is more correct than me, i usually think before i open my mouth .:ghost:

Mostly, when someone is yelling at me, im just calm. Hehe i get their brain to boil while i just stand/sit there not wasting any of my energy over some discussion.
But mah..thats me.

Hylas
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Yellng at someone in a forum is plain stupid IMO. You won't get them to understand what you mean. And people who start offending others too are stupid, because they'll only get more crap in exchange for their behaviour, and it's fair, because if you cannot talk in a civil way to someone you don't deserve a better treatment. Sounding harsh is a risk, and I admit sometimes is intentional, but it's because getting to know someone in a forum is pretty damn hard and you can or cannot question their intentions, but you'll never be sure. Best thing is ignore when someone is being particularly unpleasant with you and go on. I always do it, even if many times I've been really pissed by some members attitude...

dan da man
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:07 PM

I have been here for almost two years (I was among the first 6 or 7 members) and that's why sometimes it seems I'm pretty rude to newbies with my replies. But anyway, rules are simple and some common sense is useful to understand what to do. Like in any other community.

Cool Hylas, I know you are a long term vetran here, acctually I think you one of the most scensable people on this site. Respect to ya girl.

Hylas
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:11 PM

Cool Hylas, I know you are a long term vetran here, acctually I think you one of the most scencable people on this site. Respect to ya girl.

Thanks dan, you're always welcome :D

blindman
Jun 19th, 2003, 07:20 PM
I would only give attitude to those who start it....and are badly asking for it. I wouldnt recommend anyone my attitude...for i start to rant.
Rarely swear though.