PDA

View Full Version : Tell me why you like EQ!

tigerlily
Jun 17th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Hi there. I'm writing an article for a magazine about the possible launch of Everquest in the UK, and I'd like to hear about why you guys in the US like it so much! What is it that makes EQ so involving? Are you addicted to it? Why is playing online better than playing alone? Have you made good friends online? What are your favourite things about the game?

I'm also really interested in hearing from female gamers, since more women seem to be playing EQ than any other game.

Thanks very much!

Hylas
Jun 17th, 2003, 07:21 AM
I guess the main reason EQ is so popular and people like to play it (and other online games as well), is interaction. Interactivity in games you play alone can never reach the level of games in which you can actually decide what to do. Yes, of course also online games are strictly controlled, and you cannot 100% do whatever you want, but the impression of freedom in online games like EQ is much stronger than with other RPGs. And also, the fact you can do things like forming clans and teams that are composed by several individuals that are like you, not simply programs wandering around the screen, gives you an even more "realistic" impression of freedom. Well, this increases the fun factor a lot IMO :)

RobHardo
Jun 17th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Don't get me wrong EQOA is a good game, but I found my self bored with it after a month or two..............Maybe its cause i couldnt level up or what, but it just got..........boring. I'm gunna end up selling it on E-Bay or something.

Harry
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Solid: Snake

Don't get me wrong EQOA is a good game, but I found my self bored with it after a month or two..............Maybe its cause i couldnt level up or what, but it just got..........boring. I'm gunna end up selling it on E-Bay or something.

You couldn't level up??? It seems impossible... EQ:OA has a very simple level up system!

TtTackler
Jun 19th, 2003, 12:32 PM
The level system is extremely basic. I quit playing it until I get a keyboard for my ps2 :P

And Solid:Snake, you can't sell it on Ebay because the buyer wouldn't be able to play it! Due to the confirmation code, you're stuck with the game :laugh:

Harry
Jun 20th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Hehe you really can't play EQ: OA without a keyboard... it's just too tedious!