PDA

View Full Version : Soul Revaer 2: most underrated game of 2001

Rei
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:35 PM
I think not many people palyed Soul Reaver 2, so I'm a bit sad, because that game is amazing.
Maybe depends on the fact it has been released in the wrong period of the last year, between the release of MGS2 and FFX. Many persons didn't pay attention to it because they were busy thinking of the most awaited games I mentioned. I repeat: it's a shame, especially if you also played the other games of the series connected to Soul Reaver 2.

Now, I suggest you at least to rent this game, instead of renting other games because you don't know what else to play ;)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:37 PM
Heard of the game, never had any big promotions for it so maybe thats why people didnt think much of it

GaseousSnake
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:41 PM
What kinda title is it?

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:46 PM
Its more of an adventure game.

Pu the Owl
Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:25 AM
Soul Reaver 2 is a great game, especially the story and the characters (if you know also the other games of the series you know what I'm talking about) are among the best considering the games of last year.
Rei got a good point saying the game is underrated, because of the release date chosen by Eidos: between MGS2 and FFX, so not many players knew anything about it, or simply they were busy getting other games. :p
I played Soul Reaver 2 for a long time and I really liked it.
The atmosphere of that game is undescribable, a mix of gloomy and fanciful elements. I really got involved after few hours.

Rei
Mar 4th, 2002, 04:07 PM
You should hear voices form Soul Reaver 2: they're probably the best among all games that came out for PS2.
I'm not being excessive: it's true! It's like hearing a Shakesperean tragedy :D

psyke
Mar 22nd, 2002, 05:49 AM
The story was absolutely brilliant, the voice acting, so great, the cinema..so beautiful

the gameplay, so...boring

Harry
Mar 29th, 2002, 06:12 AM
The gameplay was brilliant.... good puzzles, great battle system, once you get used to it, and the environments you have to explore are b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Unfortunately the game was released in the same period of MGS2 and Devil May Cry, so just a few people noticed it. That's why we dedicated a special to the game in that period of the year.