PDA

View Full Version : Edit message POLL.

blindman
Jun 16th, 2003, 04:26 PM
I dont know...i wanted to edit one of my messages because i thoguht it would look better as a poll, but when i tried to edit it...it didnt give me a choice to edit it as a poll.
Is it just me or am I blind again?

Rei
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Only moderators can edit polls! This is mainly to avoid people to edit the result of their polls. If you need to edit a poll, you must ask the moderator to edit it for you.

blindman
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:07 PM
so why was this thread moved again?

Rei
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:09 PM
What do you mean with "moved again"? :shock:

blindman
Jun 16th, 2003, 09:10 PM
It says MOVED beside the thread.

Zephyr
Jun 17th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Blindman, the thread would have been moved because it was not suitable for the forum you put it in. Thats all. Anyways I have a question, if you make a duplicate thread of one you already made by accident or one that is the same as another one on the forums - why cant a user delete it? Surely the user that started the thread should be able to?

Hylas
Jun 17th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Users can delete their own threads. You have to click on "Edit" button, then check the fild where it days Delete from the Edit screen and confirm. Your thread will be deleted. It works as for normal posts, but if you choose to delete a thread, all the replies will be deleted as well ;)

Rei
Jun 17th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Blindman

It says MOVED beside the thread.

It was moved because it shouldn't be in Site Discussion!

Zephyr
Jun 17th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Hylas, i tried it on a thread i made with no replies in the faq and it owuldnt delete - said I didnt have access...

blindman
Jun 17th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Rei

It was moved because it shouldn't be in Site Discussion!

Then where should it be? in the general chat? because this is the site discussion page...so i figured...its about the site:sick: i dont get it...

ssjtrunks13
Jun 17th, 2003, 06:47 PM
The Help and FAQ forum! Like where it is now. Site discussion is for like suggestion on things you'd like to see for the main site, it's not just a message board. You have to delete the first post in the thread but it has to be your thread.

blindman
Jun 17th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Hey trunks, i was posting this from the Site Discussion thats why i didnt know.:roll:

Hylas
Jun 19th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

Hylas, i tried it on a thread i made with no replies in the faq and it owuldnt delete - said I didnt have access...

Odd, because when I needed to, I could always delete my own threads! :shock: