PDA

View Full Version : Signature pic?

blindman
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:13 PM
Ook...i know how to add a picture to a signature but ...i dont know how to make a picture and add it to a signature.
For example, there are users who make their OWN pictures, like with their user names and stuff on them, and then they have it for signature. I get my pictures from the net, but seriously, i want to edit or create my own picture because not all the pictures in the net suit me.
How do you make a signature pic? like your OWN signature picture?
Please help.

mark0™
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:15 PM
I made mines on JASC Paintshop Pro 7.

You could ask someone on the forums to make you one, I frankly dont have the time, and theres a lot of people much better than me.

Vic Viper
Jun 3rd, 2003, 06:12 PM
well i use Microsoft Picture it! to create my sigs. another great image editor is adobe photoshop.

i can make one for you, if you want too.:ghost:

blindman
Jun 3rd, 2003, 07:54 PM
Hey vic.
If it wouldnt be a problem, i would love if you make one for me. Just for now, and then i can get a tutorial (from anybody) to explain to me how to create my own (so i wouldnt be a bother).
Thanks dude.
Um...just tell me when i can give you the information of what i want in it.

Vic Viper
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:15 PM
just tell me what you want on the sig and ill do the rest.;)

blindman
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:22 PM
Thanks dude.
Oaih... if you could include pictures of Snake (any mgs) Seifer and Regina from Dino Crisis2 as well as Jill from RE3 and my name (in any spot of the pic) in white letters.

Oh, and, can you please PM me a tutorial so i can
1)be a help on the same subject to others
2)i wont bother you anymore:P

Thanks.

Vic Viper
Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:58 PM
what kind of image/photo editor do you have ?

blindman
Jun 4th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Photoshop 7.0 dude.

Vic Viper
Jun 4th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Blindman

Photoshop 7.0 dude.

i dont know how to use photoshop, never used it before. i dont know if i can be any help. just go search for a how to faq on the net, there are tones of photoshop tutorals there. sorry. :(

oh yea ill probably be finish with your sig by tomorrow. :ghost:

blindman
Jun 4th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Oh its ok dude, it doesnt really matter if you can teach me or not, i can probably get those tutorials. Thanks anyway for trying.
Anyway, whenever you can, just finish it whenever you have time dude, im not pushing ya, just take your time.
Thanks man.

Rei
Jun 4th, 2003, 05:48 PM
What kind of help do you need with Photoshop 7? Do you need anything in particular or only general instructions to make a sig?

blindman
Jun 4th, 2003, 08:22 PM
Anything i need to make one. From coloring, to how to start...anykind of brief tutorial will be helpful. Anything in Photoshop 7.0.
Thanks, im glad you could be of help.

Vic Viper
Jun 5th, 2003, 03:02 AM
heres your sig blindman, hope you like it. sorry i decided not to add jill and regina to the pic cause it didnt come out right, the image got to clutered so i remove those 2. again sorry. :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/pb2997e6a4b8f06d2bc5444ad0d13ed97/fbff3715.jpg

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Heey...:) not bad man. When i learn how to make my own picture, i can probably make one of Jill and Regina. Thanks dude, what i like is that you did it right. Seifer and Snake never looked better together than that, it actually looks like a crossover fighting game (named Squaresoft VS Konami: Millenium fight 2004).
Its not bad, its good...when i learn how to make my own, i'll fix the leftouts.
Thanks bud, i'll use that one for now (i just need to know the Url for the image so i can place it under my signature).

mark0™
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:39 AM
To find the URL Right Click on goto Properties on the Pic. The URL for your sig is..

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/pb2997e6a4b8f06d2bc5444ad0d13ed97/fbff3715.jpg

The best way to get to grips with image editors is to just mess around on them, realise what each feature does. Thats what I did, then look at some Tutorials on effects etc.

Zephyr
Jun 5th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Could I possibly have some sort of guidlines on signature pic sizes so i dont do one thats too big please becasue i dont wanna slow down peoples connection with my image...:ghost:

Carlito
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:49 PM
For dimensions, not larger than 40-50 Kb is enough.

Zephyr
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:56 PM
OK thanks. I think I can work to that. I should have a new pic by tommorow in the gallery.:cool:

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by mark0E

To find the URL Right Click on goto Properties on the Pic. The URL for your sig is..

The best way to get to grips with image editors is to just mess around on them, realise what each feature does. Thats what I did, then look at some Tutorials on effects etc.

Hey thanks.
How did you know the URL though?

Zephyr
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Just to save mark0 having to answer the question - the image is on a username account that he uses to store his images on the website Imagestation.com - you can then link to these for downloading and moving to do what you want with them - basically the images are stored online instead of cluttering up your hard drive (unless its 120gb of course).

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:25 PM
My computer is currently 97 gbs..it was 100 before.

Zephyr
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Oh well you must have some space to clutter up - i suggest buying some of the latest games - that'll chew your space. (Im not suggesting you actually do this).

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Shogun:TOTAL WAR warlord edition was the reason of the GB loss (it took up at least 200 mbs) so i dont do games in my computer, i use it for workshop or stuff like that. Surfing the net and all...i just go to my friends and play some of the cool games.

Zephyr
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Dont forget mm2 takes 450mb for full installation and 260mb for minimum. Now thats a big game in my opinion

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Too big..ill stay away from it if i where you...
but i heard its a good game.

Zephyr
Jun 5th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Well i didnt find it too big but just wait till mm3 is released - now thats gonna be a whopper.:laugh:

Pu the Owl
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Blindman, for knowing how to make a sig, first of all you need the pictures. Looking for pictures you like is the first step, then looking for the host to upload the sig is next required step.

As for a tutorial, depends on which effects do you want in it. Some people use only one image, some others merge more than one image together. Just this first thing shows you that the "utlimate" sig tutorial doesn't exist. You have to think about what kind of result you want to obtain and work focusing on your idea, at least at the beginning. It'd be impossible to tell you how to make a sig without knowing how do you want it to look like :heh: but maybe it's just me... I'm not good with explanations...

blindman
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Fortune

Blindman, for knowing how to make a sig, first of all you need the pictures. Looking for pictures you like is the first step, then looking for the host to upload the sig is next required step.

As for a tutorial, depends on which effects do you want in it. Some people use only one image, some others merge more than one image together. Just this first thing shows you that the "utlimate" sig tutorial doesn't exist. You have to think about what kind of result you want to obtain and work focusing on your idea, at least at the beginning. It'd be impossible to tell you how to make a sig without knowing how do you want it to look like :heh: but maybe it's just me... I'm not good with explanations...

Hey, its alright. I was told that a good idea to make a sig is to just go crazy with whatever. Yeah i can do that so i'll do it. Hey, im not good at explanations either, if you where my teacher or a kid in my class, you'll know for sure. I ask record questions in record time about the same thing, well, math at least. Sometimes i just ask to make sure.
Thanks though, i'll keep this one till i come up with one that includes everything. I still got to thank Vic though.