PDA

View Full Version : Grandia 2, worth it?

hijakedGTR
Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:56 AM
Today i scavenger hunted through my local EB's used ps2 games pile and found grandia 2 for 25 bucks (australian) now i know this game was a HUGE hit on dreamcast... well i assume it was, please correct me if otherwise! But anyways i never got it, so do you guys think its a good buy? If its good, ill get it on payday!

*note: i couldnt be bothered to look for a review on the net, i just want a honest reply!

kupoartist
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:31 PM
if 25 aussie bucks is cheap, yes. I brought it for £15 (UK cash), and its pretty entertaining. Just don't expect the graphics to blow you away (the cutesy-ness may be irksome to some, the animation is pretty primative and the locations aren't always very lively). Underneath its rough exterior, it has a good battle system and a fairly good story. Just don't expect the story to be fantastic or anything. just good :)

ssjtrunks13
Jun 3rd, 2003, 05:55 AM
Have you ever played the first game? Well, Grandia II was a great game in my opinion, though not as good as some games like the first. I'd say go for it, there's even some attacks that are drawn in anime style rather than usign computer graphics.

kupoartist
Jun 3rd, 2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13
I'd say go for it, there's even some attacks that are drawn in anime style rather than usign computer graphics.
yup. very nice they are too, and they blend in pretty well. Another good thing about the battle system...

Reid
Jun 14th, 2003, 12:22 PM
I just started playing this on Dreamcast (about 6 hours in) and so far it's quite good.

Like the_artist said it's graphics and locations aren't fantastic and the story isn't incredible but there's something about it that makes you keep playing.

The battle system is very good, however and it's a very enjoyable game to play.

ssjtrunks13
Jun 16th, 2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by the_artist

yup. very nice they are too, and they blend in pretty well. Another good thing about the battle system...

Yeah, but there's too few of those moves. The only 2 I saw were 1 of Millenia's and one of Elena's. If you like the battle system and that'd matter more than the story then then you might like Grandia and Grandia Xtreme, Grandia Xtreme expecially because that's mainly what the game is about, the battles.

I admit Grandia Xtreme may not have ahd a lot of a story, but I liked the story of Grandia too. So, I like the sotrylines to all three games and I'd like to hear news of a Grandia III.

Hadoken
Jun 17th, 2003, 01:18 AM
the ps2 version has a lot more bugs than the the one for the DC. the main thing i hated the most was all the slowdown, i experienced it throughout the game and it took forever to finish certain scenes in the game. i ended up not finishing the game, and its just sitting somewhere ina pile of old games. i think i accidently messed up a saved game which is the reason why i quit. but the bugs also got annoying. other than that, the game is pretty good, i was enjoying the storyline and battle system, the graphics arent very top notch, but its decent. if you think u can handle the slowdown, then go ahead and get it, if you dont like waiting for things to load/move, then dont get it.