PDA

View Full Version : ff6 ive got it :)

nanjij
Feb 28th, 2002, 03:43 PM
i got ff6 today, yes a day early but im not complaining. anyway i'd just like to say its everything i expected seems great story line, good enough graphics.
i also like the characters i think they have a good story line behind them.
so wots ure views?
also wots the max members in ure team, 3?

i give it in my oppion 8/out 10
definatly worth 10 quid

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 28th, 2002, 04:34 PM
I've been trying to decide whether or not to get it, so it's that good?

Soul Angel
Feb 28th, 2002, 04:37 PM
I think Mourdor is going to like this thread :)

I've still let to get it, and I think I won't be getting it until Saturday instead of Friday, which I was when I was hoping to get it :(

But I'll tell you what I think when I do get it ;)

nanjij
Feb 28th, 2002, 05:28 PM
ive only played an hour of it and its just as good as it said to be, unless u souly think about graphics

IcyMourdor
Feb 28th, 2002, 06:21 PM
*tries to keep calm*

This is the greatest game. Characters with their own storyline and you can have four in your party at one time. Each character has their own unique abilities. Plus, three hidden characters throughout the game.

The magic system will come in to play after a little bit in to the game. Characters learn magic and then keep it with them.

If you need any help with it, you can ask me.

Spirit
Feb 28th, 2002, 09:36 PM
this is one of the best games that ever came out, I beat it more times than every other ff put together. I loved this game and the fact that the whole second part of the game is all side quests =P

IcyMourdor
Mar 1st, 2002, 12:05 AM
Yes, you don't need to do everything in the second half of the game. But, it is highly recommended to do that because it will make the hard final boss a little easier.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 1st, 2002, 03:45 PM
That sounds awesome, I love a good sidequest every once in awhile!

nanjij
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:41 PM
im 4 hours in to it and im really impressed. i especialy like the soundtrack i think the songs in the towns and battle music r wicked
i love the fact of loads of characters of course the best character is Sabin he is so cool with his blitz attack.
at the moment im up to a bit when u r locke and ive just rescued a girl cant remember her name though, u have to steal clothes to get there.

i take the 8 back and give a 9 after playing it more

Soul Angel
Mar 1st, 2002, 06:42 PM
I've just got FF6 and I agree its a great game! :D
Though I have to restart the game again from the beginning because I didn't have any spaces on my memory card to save it :p :shock:

Oh well I don't mind, I can get back to where I was quite quickly probably ;)

nanjij
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:13 AM
i did the same thing but lucly i was only up to the 1st save point
so where u up to now SA
when the party spits up and u choose who u wanna take over well im up to there and ive done the bit with locke and im doing the bit with sabin

x157anz
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:29 AM
Were did you get hold of ff6 ?!
The earlyest FF i could find was FF7 in eb.

Soul Angel
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by x157anz
Were did you get hold of ff6 ?!
The earlyest FF i could find was FF7 in eb.

FF6 was only released on the 1st March, I know I got my copy of it at EB, but I pre-ordered it and I had to ask for it at the checkout. I also noticed that they didn't seem to have any copies of it out on the shelves :confused:
So maybe you should try going up to the checkout or something and ask for it
It's well worth the money! ;)

Oh and nanjij I don't think I'm as far as you let in FF6 I've let to restart the game again, but I got up to when they are riding Chocobos for the first time when I played it :sarcasm: :)

x157anz
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:16 AM
March this year ?!!?!?! :shock: :shock:
Was it re-released or summat ?"!
I asked bout 4 weeks ago which FF they had they said " FF7,FF8,FF9"

Soul Angel
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:23 AM
Yep March of this year x157anz! :)
I think though it hasn't ever been released over here though in the UK, and it hasn't been well advertised of its release. I only found out about it by chance while looking at a Final Fantasy website. But you should be able to get it now if you ever asked for it :)

IcyMourdor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:04 AM
They just released FF6 in Europe. Unfortunately, it wasn't part of the FFAnthology.

nanjij
Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:40 PM
my cuz (marlie) had to go to the counter to get his too, it wasnt in the shelves where he lived, but i simply preordered it

x157anz
Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:45 PM
Hmm i can see there point though it would look stupid with FF6 & FF10 on the shelves together ;)
Is it as good as FF7 !? graphics etc....
Il ring up eb tmoz. :ghost: (I want to get all the FF now i realised how good it is) Does anybody have FF1 or 2 , Whats the oldest FF that you have ?!

nanjij
Mar 2nd, 2002, 04:15 PM
ive played ff1 on GB its nothing to get excited about
i dont perticular like it, i lost intrest in the game very quicky
the ff legend games seem okay

jenova_jeb
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by nanjij
ive played ff1 on GB its nothing to get excited about
i dont perticular like it, i lost intrest in the game very quicky

Ummm, they never had the original Final Fantasy on GB. Are you talking about FF adventure or something? I thought it was the original as well, but it's not. They're completely different games.

kupoartist
Mar 3rd, 2002, 06:07 AM
FF6 is a great game. Best in the series IMO... Shame I have no option but to play it on a Black & White TV at the moment...

x157anz
Mar 3rd, 2002, 08:32 AM
Wow just rang eb and they dont get more FF6 in until tmoz. (not tha bad)
They must be selling like hot cakes :ghost:

Soul Angel
Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:04 AM
Wow just rang eb and they dont get more FF6 in until tmoz. (not tha bad)
They must be selling like hot cakes :ghost:

Wow!! :shock:
I'm glad that I pre-ordered my copy of it now, otherwise I might of not have gotton it let :)

kupoartist
Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:11 AM
...let's hope square europe catch on and release the rest...

nanjij
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:01 PM
how far is every one

SPOILER
ive just got the aiship after the opera bit
SPOILER END

Ive done 10 hours in 4 days
i love it!

kupoartist
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:14 PM
On the actual PSX version, i'm nowhere (No Colour TV!!!!) but im well into the last quarter of the game on the ROM...

SPOILER:

Think i'd just got Shadow Back, and needed only Loki, Mog, Gogo and Umaro to complete my character collection.

SPOILER.

nanjij
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:36 PM
i havent heard of umaro or gogo r they secret or do i meet them later?

kupoartist
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:43 PM
tsk, shouldnt be reading spoilers :)
They are optional, but then in the last half of the game all except Celes, Edgar and Setzer are optional (won't spoil it for you though)

IcyMourdor
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:50 PM
There are three hidden characters throught the game.

They aren't really worth it, IMO. But i use them anyways.

Evil Parrot
Mar 4th, 2002, 04:37 AM
Yeah, all square need to do is release Xenogears, chrono cross, Brave fencer mushashi, FF4 & 5 and the rest of the bunch.

Oh and while we're on the subject, tell enix( is that right??) to release those bloody Lunar games. NOW. :frust:

nanjij
Mar 4th, 2002, 07:35 AM
wot about tale of phantasia and destiny?
there the best

talon101
Mar 4th, 2002, 08:36 PM
is ff6 on psone or snes

x157anz
Mar 5th, 2002, 05:07 AM
It was first out on the SNES.
But they have just released it on the PS1.
I think :ghost:

kupoartist
Mar 5th, 2002, 02:24 PM
I'm assuming we're all from the west here so I shall leave Japan out of my explanation.

FF6 was first released for the SNES (1994) in the US as FF3 (a long totally different story...) and was later re-released alongside FF5 in "Final Fanatasy Anthology" for The PS1.

In Europe, all FF games before to FF7 were never released. (no NES or SNES games) until 1 week ago when FF6 was released, on its own for the PS1.

It is the european version this thread refers to.

x157anz
Mar 5th, 2002, 05:33 PM
In Europe, all FF games before to FF7 were never released. (no NES or SNES games)

*Ahem*
I had FF6 for the SNES years ago! And im from the UK :ghost:

kupoartist
Mar 6th, 2002, 01:40 PM

*Ahem*
I had FF6 for the SNES years ago! And im from the UK :ghost:

That seems unlikely. Especially as Squaresoft themselves say It was never released here. You may have got it by Import, but it would have never been "FF6" as there was no English Translation by the name "FF6" (it was FF3)

x157anz
Mar 6th, 2002, 03:06 PM
It must of been imported then ,,, sorry :cool:
I got it off my m8 anyway :ghost:

kupoartist
Mar 6th, 2002, 03:14 PM
It must of been imported then ,,, sorry :cool:
I got it off my m8 anyway :ghost:

Nothing to be sorry about :) actually I envy anyone who got to play FF6 before me :D

x157anz
Mar 9th, 2002, 04:19 PM
My m8 bought FF6 today and its a fun game but really pore graphics.
Allthough they have added some really cool Scenes to the game.
Is there a limit of FF6's in the UK ?!
My mate told me to get one before they all sell out :roll:

kupoartist
Mar 10th, 2002, 02:20 PM
My m8 bought FF6 today and its a fun game but really pore graphics.
Allthough they have added some really cool Scenes to the game.
Is there a limit of FF6's in the UK ?!
My mate told me to get one before they all sell out :roll:

Graphics aren't everything. Hell, I swear the only reason FF7 to FF9 are more popular is because they are easier on the eyes :mad: As for the limited stock comment i'm not sure, but copies were quite hard to come by upon release (this game sold better than Medal Of Honour : Allied Assault!)

x157anz
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:18 PM
I bought FF6 today.
Amazing game , allthough currently getting help off Mourdor :p

+ The FFX demo is amazing cant wait until it comes out :ghost:

JC Denton
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:48 PM
i ordered my copy 2 days ago and it should be coming soon.

Soul Angel
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Yeah FF6 is a great game, though I've let to finish it :p
But I agree with you x157anz, the FFX which came with it is also good!
Shame FFX is going to take so long to come out over here though :disturb: :(

Spank-A-Thon
Mar 11th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by the_artist
Graphics aren't everything. Hell, I swear the only reason FF7 to FF9 are more popular is because they are easier on the eyes :mad: I would say that 7 - 9 are more popular because they actually got released in Europe, unlike FF6.

Problem is now that it has been released, those gamers who have been brought up on the eye candy that PS1 originally provided will take one look at the graphics and think 'pah'...

BUT... if it does sell very well, who knows - maybe Square will decide to release Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Trigger/Cross and Xengoears over here!

- S

Soul Angel
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:45 PM
I've heard rumours that Square might be releasing FF Chronicles, Chrono Cross and FF Tactics in Europe as well?
It would be great if they did! :)

kupoartist
Mar 11th, 2002, 03:11 PM
given recent developments im not sure a PSX back-catalouge will be attempted, at least with all the titles we want. (Besides the PSX is a very, very old machine, though I could of course be wrong...)

Regarding the recent Nintedo/Square partner ship, I reckon the PSX version of FFVI was actually done for more than one reason: They probably wanted to see if the previous FF titles would cope over here...

Regardless of whether GBA games get to Europe (and Square-Europe have a very bad reputation...), the GBA dosen't need chipping to play imported US games like the PSX....