PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the memory card

busty
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:33 PM
I wasn't a big fan of sony before but now i am and thanks god i did.I was going to miss all of these super games like GTA3,DMC,GT3 but here's my problem.
Although i have all these games i bought some PSOne games to see what i have missed as i had an N64 before.I used to have my PS2 memory card in one slot and the PSone memory card in one slot and i don't know what the hell happens cause when i play psone games all my files in the PS2's memory card is erased.
Is there something wrong with my memory card or should i have to take out the memory card when i play PSOne games.

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 28th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by busty
I wasn't a big fan of sony before but now i am and thanks god i did.I was going to miss all of these super games like GTA3,DMC,GT3 but here's my problem.
Although i have all these games i bought some PSOne games to see what i have missed as i had an N64 before.I used to have my PS2 memory card in one slot and the PSone memory card in one slot and i don't know what the hell happens cause when i play psone games all my files in the PS2's memory card is erased.
Is there something wrong with my memory card or should i have to take out the memory card when i play PSOne games.

:shock: Never ever heard of a problem like that. Sleazy P Martini would help you best here, why dont you PM him with your problem?

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 28th, 2002, 05:15 PM
It shouldnt affect your ps2 memory card at least it doesnt affect mine.your card could be defective

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 28th, 2002, 05:18 PM
I don't think your saves are being erased from your PS2 card. The thing is, PS1 software cannot read PS2 memory cards...

PS1 memory cards use blocks as a means of storage and there are 15 on a card. PS2 uses kilobits instead, this way you are limited only by space remaining rather than blocks.

PS1 games don't understand how to read PS2 format memory cards so therefore no games will appear on the PS2 card in a PS1 game - and vice versa for PS1 cards in PS2 games.

- S

busty
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:27 PM
no what i mean is does that the ps1 checks the slots and when gets to the ps2 memory card doesn't it check if it's compatible or something and then distorts the data in the memory card whle doing this or something?

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:18 PM
You put your ps2 memory card in a ps1?

busty
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:36 AM
let me post my problem one more time.
I play ps1 games on my ps2.i keep my ps2 memory card in one slot while the ps1 memory card in a another slot.
I was thinking that when i try to save stuff in ps1 games it first checks the first slot where the ps2 memory card is present,and so it fiddles with the stuff in it and if it doesn't understand it goes to the other slot.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:48 PM
Ok slot 1=ps2 memory card slot 3=ps1 memory card.Ok nothin should happen i tried what you did on mine and there no problem.Something is defective

x157anz
Mar 2nd, 2002, 04:05 PM
Hmm never heard of that one before. That shouldnt happen were did you get your ps2? , i suggest you ring sony or summat m8.
Why not just take the ps2 memory card out when playin ps1 games and ps1 out when playing ps2 ? :roll:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by x157anz
Hmm never heard of that one before. That shouldnt happen were did you get your ps2? , i suggest you ring sony or summat m8.
Why not just take the ps2 memory card out when playin ps1 games and ps1 out when playing ps2 ? :roll:

^or you can do that

talon101
Mar 4th, 2002, 09:14 PM
i dont follow

busty
Mar 17th, 2002, 01:51 PM
sorry for replyimg after a very long time.
I mmight do what u told me to do but i;m too lazy to take it out and put it in constantly and it can get lost too.
Anyways thanx for your suggestions cause i got it fixed.I formatted the memory card and that thing never happened to me again.