PDA

View Full Version : Hungry for some snake ?

Vic Viper
May 7th, 2003, 12:15 AM
http://www.konamijpn.com/countdown/count.php

yep konami already began the coundown. dont know if this coundown is for twin snake or mgs 3 or maybe for both. guess we'll have to wait.

7 more days !! w00t !!

http://www.konamijpn.com/countdown/pic/hungry.gif

looking at the map, seems like the next stage for metal gear will be set in Russia...:naughty:

dan da man
May 7th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Nice one my man, this is exciting news. hmmmmmm in Russia, thats where Ocelot lives. Sounds suspicous.

ssjtrunks13
May 7th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Yeah, very exciting news. It does seem suspicious, but not surprising.

MakgSnake
May 7th, 2003, 04:06 PM
I tried to look at it deeper, but couldn't figure out where its taking place. So Russia eh...... seems like some who abandoned it might be there. Oh well.......

From the picture about......I do get a feeling that its for MGS3. And not for Twin Snakes......

Why?...... Well because we all know Twin Snakes is a re-make of the original which didn't take place in Russia.... and as for the pic above..... as Vic said......its Russia (How did you make that out though?) ....... which makes me think its a new location....and one more stupid reason. There is a pic of only ONE Snake there. Not Two....... hmmm........

7 Days to MGS3 in my opinion....but even if I am wrong, eitherway its the New Metal Gear.......so I dont care!!! :D :roll:

Vic Viper
May 7th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

[color=yello]as Vic said......its Russia (How did you make that out though?) ....... which makes me think its a new location....and one more stupid reason. There is a pic of only ONE Snake there. Not Two....... hmmm........

http://gameonline.jp/img/news/2003/05/07005a.gif

i agree w/ you i thinks its a MGS 3 teaser pic :naughty: :naughty:

Frozen
May 8th, 2003, 11:13 AM
But I'm almost sure it's just a countdown of the announcement of the game, nothing more. But quite interesting, indeed :D

Vic Viper
May 8th, 2003, 05:06 PM
6 more days !!:arrr:

Infernal Mass
May 9th, 2003, 10:03 PM
http://game.mairu.net/movies/SnakeEater.wmv

digimortal
- "Hungry for some Snake"?

Vic Viper
May 10th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by DigiMortal

http://game.mairu.net/movies/SnakeEater.wmv

digimortal
- "Hungry for some Snake"?

holy sh*t !!!!:shock: :drool:

thx dude.;)

ssjtrunks13
May 10th, 2003, 07:19 AM
Nice, the third game looks awesome.

mark0™
May 10th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Damn that video was great!

Is that what MGS3 is definately called Snake Eater? Sounds weird.

Good to see its in the Jungle :)

Snake reminds me of Rambo lol, running around topless in the jungle with a bandana shooting miltary personnel lol.

Jon0074
May 10th, 2003, 12:59 PM
From what I'm hearing the 3rd is going to take place in Zanzibar!

Infernal Mass
May 10th, 2003, 09:30 PM
It's good to see Snake back where he belongs, back to his home. In the jungle eating snakes and bugs..and all sorts of other shit. He probably won't even have rations this time. Did anyone else notice he's using and old rifle..

digimortal
- pretty damn kew

carnage179
May 11th, 2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Jon0074

From what I'm hearing the 3rd is going to take place in Zanzibar!

I hope he does. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake was the best of the metal gear series. Best levels, best story, best characters, and some kick ass music. MGS3 looks interesting, hopefully the story and characters will be better than MGS2(I thought they were pretty bad in it)but I dont know how that could be cause it's a sequel to MGS2 and fallows up on the story after that. I'll be happier if they change the Patroits from being god like people incharge of the world who dont exist to being people high up in the government, just like in MGS1. Jim whateverhisnamewas worked at the pentagon and was incharge of designing MG, not someone who controlled the world. Hopefully the game will be smaller with less cut scenes. MGS2 had waaayyyy to many, the game is actually really short without them. I cant beat the tanker in less than 15 mintues if I skip everything.

TtTackler
May 11th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Fact of the matter is, MGS and MGS2 kicked major butt-hole. And MGS3 is going to raise the bar once again. Oh, and about the Russian map pic, that's there because Zanzibar is in Russia ;)

mark0™
May 11th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by TtTackler

Oh, and about the Russian map pic, that's there because Zanzibar is in Russia ;)

Zanzibar is an island in Tanzania, Africa...

Hopefully there wll be more than one location then, hopefully a few.

Dark Angel
May 11th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Yeah I get surprised by how many people don't know where Zanzibar is. My only random fact about Zanzibar is that Freddie Mercury was born there, aside from that...:confused:

mark0™
May 12th, 2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Dark Angel
My only random fact about Zanzibar is that Freddie Mercury was born there, aside from that...:confused:

Maybe there will be Genome Soldiers based on Freddie Mercury's DNA!!! *Runs*

I never actually knew that, I just thought he'd be English or something.

And Zanzibar was the location of Outer Heaven, The base Snake inflitrated in one of the original MG's right?

Maybe this could be the End of Snakes Legacy? Maybe Raiden will be taking over the Metal Gear Series (Because Snake can't be the main character for ever).

Any news on if Raiden will be making a come-back. Most will probably hate him and not want to see him, but he's alright, but he's got nothing on Solid Snake.

carnage179
May 12th, 2003, 05:36 PM
No, Outer Heaven was the base snake sneaks into in MG1. It is somewhere in northern Africa. Zanzarbar land is in the second game, metal gear 2: solid snake.

dan da man
May 13th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by mark0™

(Because Snake can't be the main character for ever).

He can because its a video game:D, nice thought anyway Mark0, zanibar would be sweet, jungle warfare, kind of big battles.

The video was cool, brought a tear to my eye.