PDA

View Full Version : How do I take PS2 screenshots?

Kachii
May 4th, 2003, 04:15 AM
Can someone help me?

How do you take screenshots of playstation 2 games? Do you have to have some kind of special hardware or can you just install a program on your PC that lets you take screenshots of PS2 games.

I use an emulator to get screenshots of my PS games but there aren't any PS2 emulators, well, at least not ones that you can play the disks on.

If it helps, I want screenshots of Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts.

Becuse I've seen so many screenshots of those games... yet I don't understand.

Someone help the stupid blonde! Thanks.

mark0™
May 4th, 2003, 12:20 PM
I really dont know this for certain, but I'm guessing you somehow hook up your PS2 to your PC and use the monitor for the display, and just use the Print Screen Tab. Thats just a guess though, so I may be wrong.

Azuma_Ninja
May 4th, 2003, 01:26 PM
i remember back in the playstation days there was a special printer you could buy that would allow you to print screenshots. i don't know if there's anything like that for the ps2 though.

DragonSphere
May 4th, 2003, 02:05 PM
I think there's some kind of software for doing it...not sure how its supposed to work though. :confused:

Carlo
Sep 21st, 2004, 10:26 AM
Sorry to jump in the discussion....it seems as if it ispossible to hook the playstation to the pc? How? Well, my problem is that I would like to hook my playstation to my pc's lcd monitor directly (without the interaction of the pcif possible). Anyone has any idea?

-PSX-
Oct 26th, 2004, 09:16 AM
I think you'd need to hook it up with a graphics card that has TV in.

Harry
Dec 20th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Sorry for missing this thread. I am answering this today, since we had another question about hooking the PS2 to a PC monitor. You can hook the PS2 to a graphic card, like PSX said, but the screenshots would be horribly blurry in the end (that's why some websites have lots of screenshots, but most are very bad looking) unless you buy some of the most expensive cables/converters on the market.

Anyhow, you might probably get some decent results with a digital camera with manual settings and a good flat TV screen.

Finally, there are unfortunately just a few games that let you save in-game screenshots, like Final Fantasy XI or Metal Gear Solid games. Once saved on a memory card, these screenshots can be sent to an e-mail account (for example using Final Fantasy XI PlayOnline E-mail features) or you can hook the Memory Card to your PC using some Memory Card reader, a Memory PC Link Cable, or any other third part accessory you can usually find in Hong Kong stores.