PDA

View Full Version : UK Everquest

ToxicUK
Apr 24th, 2003, 03:11 PM
OK, I dont have Everquest for PS2 but I have it on my Sony Vaio laptop and I wondered what the prices are for the UK? Average prices are OK i just need to know what prices Im talking about here...

Harry
Apr 29th, 2003, 07:22 PM
The PAL version of the game is yet to be announced, but expect the monthly price to be almost the same of the North American game.

mark0™
Apr 30th, 2003, 08:01 AM
PC Games dont have Regions, you can play an American PC game on a UK PC, maybe you do get regions? I dunno, all american PC games I've bought work perfectly. But I really dont have a clue if you could play online with it though, it would be a real hassle anyways. Probably Illegal too.

ToxicUK
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:35 PM
ILLEGAL? How???:roll: :peoples:

mark0™
Apr 30th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Well a US PC game would state for use in US and Canada/Mexico (something like that) Anywhere else is illegal I guess, but nothing serious, but Online play may be hard to do in the UK.... maybe I dont know?

Harry
Apr 30th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by mark0™

PC Games dont have Regions, you can play an American PC game on a UK PC, maybe you do get regions? I dunno, all american PC games I've bought work perfectly. But I really dont have a clue if you could play online with it though, it would be a real hassle anyways. Probably Illegal too.

I didn't read carefully. I thought he was asking about the Playstation 2 game.

Harry
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Yes mark0, thousands of players play EverQuest Online Adventures from Europe; you need an American console, an NTSC copy of the game, and you're ready to go.

mark0™
Apr 30th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Deleted my post by accident, incase anyone gets confused, this was what i said before Harry's Last post

Yeah, I just had really no idea whether anything from america, PC, PS2, whatever, could be played online over the internet in Europe, I'm no expert at these things.

Sorry bout that

ToxicUK
May 1st, 2003, 02:35 PM
No probs... Oh well ill have a look and see what I can do with it...:)

Jubei
May 4th, 2003, 03:42 PM
I tried Everquest on my PC for a while, never really got into it, tho it could be more appealing on a console.

Is there any kind of release date for the European version?

Oh, and on that note whats happening with Ps2 Online, I've a n00b in this respect, had an xbox online for a while there and thats all i focused on till it's lack of good titles and subscription fees forced me to trade it in, heh :)

Zephyr
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:17 PM
PS2 Online has been released in the UK now and you can now play such games as SOCOM, Everquest (NTSC) and any other online game (preferably using broadband for the smoothest connection).

Harry
Jun 14th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

PS2 Online has been released in the UK now and you can now play such games as SOCOM, Everquest (NTSC) and any other online game (preferably using broadband for the smoothest connection).

It has always been possible to play online games from countries where the Network Adapter had not been released yet. For example, our review of EverQuest Online Adventures was based on our experience with the game on an average 56K connection, played from Europe.

dan da man
Jun 15th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Harry

It has always been possible to play online games from countries where the Network Adapter had not been released yet.

Yep, like XBL or Sony online (not sure) just go onto there website, you could put a order for one, and it asks you which country you live in, exanple UK, then it's compatible, you have just been waiting for the retail release.