PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Fans

MakgSnake
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Just a simple question for everyone. Do you people think that the Next Chapter that comes out in the future for Metal Gear Solid will sell off the shelves by its fans or new people would turn their heads to it as well.

I believe MGS has so many fans and so hardcore that fanboyism comes into it. Sons Of Liberty was a great game but critics still crashes it. Do you think other then MGS fans would actually buy the game, or would they just pass on to it? Even if its gets solid reviews. As many people believe the game always gets a HYPE and is always overrated.

Would a normal gamer go for Metal Gear Solid 3?

Esjay
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Probably so. I mean...I wish you would have given a definition of the "normal gamer" that you speak of, but I think that the game will get pretty good reviews, so the "normal gamer" will be inclined to purchase mgs3. But there's always the chance that it'll suck and the "normal gamer" won't buy it.

MakgSnake
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:44 PM
When I said normal gamer, I meant a person who buys games once or twice a month. Not really a HARDCORE gamer, but fairly intrested in them.

I may be too strong about this, but I dont believe MGS3 would suck at all. Everybody in the gaming industry trust Kojima-San. So it wouldn't...... it'll probably change video games again.

dan da man
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Ofcourse, every gamer trys new games, every mgs fan will buy it, for sure, if it gets lots of hype, good reviews, like splinter cell, it will be a big seller.

Dark Angel
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:04 PM
I think'd normal gamers would get MGS3, I mean non MGS fans bought MGS2, probably on the graphics and hype and stuff, but I doubt they would get the remake if it ever comes out or even if the first two MG games get redone, those would be aimed at MG fans, whereas MGS3 probably wouldn't.

And hey Makg, you got Ghost Babel yet? :D

MakgSnake
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Dark Angel

And hey Makg, you got Ghost Babel yet? :D
Yup, I actually found it. Its WOW!!! I went against Slasher Hawk yesterday. I am taking my time. I dont wanna finish it too quickly!.! Its amazing........ way to ahead of its time. It looks like a GameBoy ADVANCE game. The graphics are amazing.

Neway, back on topic....... I just hope people buy it for its substance and not for the style.

ssjtrunks13
Apr 11th, 2003, 06:39 PM
Well, I wasn't really a MGS fan until I played MGS2. Hopefully that made people fans if they weren't one already or maybe the third game will. I hope this gets more people into the saeries because many people probably don't know what they're missing.:cool:

Esjay
Apr 11th, 2003, 07:24 PM
(I downloaded the Ghost Babel rom, and I think it's kinda sucky...)

The casual gamer probably won't buy MGS3, then. I mean it'll be overpublicized, and the "casual gamer"'s initial response to the game's release will be "ANOTHER game like this? ehhh, I bet it's nothing new"

There you go. What does it matter who likes the game or not, anyway?

Dark Angel
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Esjay

(I downloaded the Ghost Babel rom, and I think it's kinda sucky...)

*gasp*

But yes anyway, why do you think that? I think it's a nice little mix of MGS:SS and MGS, for some reason..

Hero
Apr 13th, 2003, 04:06 AM
I think you're analyzing this too much.

Just play the game and enjoy it, don't look too much into it. Fans will stick to their dream no matter what.

A lot of people got into Grand Theft Auto, and it turned into crap. That's the only thing you have to worry about.

Dark Angel
Apr 14th, 2003, 05:41 PM
When and how did the GTA series turn crap?

dan da man
Apr 15th, 2003, 04:45 AM

When and how did the GTA series turn crap?

I know.:laugh:

merylsilverburg
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Hey, let's not stray off the topic here...why bother bringing in the GTA series? It has nothing to do with this discussion...:peoples:

Anyway, I agree with Esjay. The casual gamer may or may not buy MGS3 due to the fact that they're not into "highly publicized" games like these and/or maybe they haven't tried the first game and never will. But, I think there will be many who will rent MGS3 and see how it is...and if they get into it, they'll buy it. And these type of people could be those casual gamers who are "curious".

For example, way back when MGS1 was released, I wasn't interested at all...I'm a more casual gamer. But, because of all the hype and the reviews I read about it, I decided to try it out and now I'm a fan of the series and will definitely buy MGS3. :)

ToxicUK
Apr 30th, 2003, 02:21 PM
YES! I bought MGS2:SOL when that came out cos I thought it looked really good and I was right...

blindman
May 30th, 2003, 12:05 PM
Heya....im new here...heeh.
Well, i think that people should give a chance to MGS, i know lots of people who dislike it because its BORING, but i disagree. I think they should give up what they have heard and start playing games, for those who havent played any of the MGS shame on you!.

merylsilverburg
May 31st, 2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Blindman

Heya....im new here...heeh.
Well, i think that people should give a chance to MGS, i know lots of people who dislike it because its BORING, but i disagree. I think they should give up what they have heard and start playing games, for those who havent played any of the MGS shame on you!.

Hey welcome. :)

Anyway, who said that MGS was boring? Are you talking about MGS2? A lot of people were turned off by the second game for that boring factor (but it's most likely because they were confused by the story) but still, you're right, those who haven't should start playing the game since it's still one of the best games/series out there.

blindman
May 31st, 2003, 02:51 PM
Yeah...i mean i know so many people who say the game is not worth it even though they have NEVER played it.
Its really tyreing, i say try new things before judging. Its sad how there are still people who judge before playing. Well yeah, the story of mgs2 may had been confusing, but its one of the most respected series out there, because it brought stealth to a new level along with Syphon Filter.
Can somebody give me a tutorial of this site? i was recommended this site and so far i see you can do lots but i dont know how to take full advantage of the site. Help?:cowboy:

Zephyr
Jun 10th, 2003, 03:31 PM
I believe that if people have heard good things about a game they should at least rent it to see what they think. If people rent the game they might think it is a great game and go out and buy it. However if they buy mgs3 they may be confused by stories from the previous games... (you never know). Same for MGS2. Thats why when I heard about the series I bought both games but I played 1 first for obvious reasons. I also feel that peope should be allowed free choice and whatever they decide that is up to them. Personally I think that they should like MGS but who am I to tell if they do? They may not like stealth games.

Also Blindman, why shame on evryone who hasnt played the metal Gear Solid series? Myabe they were not curious enough to try it. Maybe they dont have the right system. Who knows. I mean yes there are many people out there who havent tried it and yes maybe they should be introduced to it but you cant say "shame on you" just becasue people arent curious enough.

blindman
Jun 11th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

I believe that if people have heard good things about a game they should at least rent it to see what they think. If people rent the game they might think it is a great game and go out and buy it. However if they buy mgs3 they may be confused by stories from the previous games... (you never know). Same for MGS2. Thats why when I heard about the series I bought both games but I played 1 first for obvious reasons. I also feel that peope should be allowed free choice and whatever they decide that is up to them. Personally I think that they should like MGS but who am I to tell if they do? They may not like stealth games.

Also Blindman, why shame on evryone who hasnt played the metal Gear Solid series? Myabe they were not curious enough to try it. Maybe they dont have the right system. Who knows. I mean yes there are many people out there who havent tried it and yes maybe they should be introduced to it but you cant say "shame on you" just becasue people arent curious enough.

Oh excuse that...heeh i was in a touchy mood that day. Also, it was the day i discovered this site, i had come from this other forums site that wasnt so...pleasant.
I didnt mean what i said, i just was too lazy to delete it or edit it.
Thanks for reminding me of that post, i never posted any posts like that after:laugh:

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 14th, 2003, 02:07 AM
I really can't think of any games that have sold right off the shelves, but I do think MGS3 is going to be popular. I've already heard a lot of hype about the game and to some that's reason enough to buy it. The thing is I don't know if I'll buy it, I mean I bough MGS but not SOL, so I'll prolly just end up renting it first.

dan da man
Jun 14th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja

I really can't think of any games that have sold right off the shelves, but I do think MGS3 is going to be popular. I've already heard a lot of hype about the game and to some that's reason enough to buy it. The thing is I don't know if I'll buy it, I mean I bough MGS but not SOL, so I'll prolly just end up renting it first.

No! buy SOL and play it so you know the full story and to experince the game, it's simply great.

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 14th, 2003, 01:51 PM
originally posted by dan da man

No! buy SOL and play it so you know the full story and to experince the game, it's simply great.

I should've said this earlier I don't own SOL but I have beaten it. So yes I know the story so far.

dan da man
Jun 14th, 2003, 04:44 PM

I should've said this earlier I don't own SOL but I have beaten it. So yes I know the story so far.

Ooops sorry, any you should still buy it and add it to your collection.:D.

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 15th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Yes I should buy it to further the MGS collection. I'm having too much fun with Enter the Matrix right now though:ghost:

blindman
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:43 PM
Enter the matrix? sorry to ruin yer fun but i think that game wasnt that good. It kinda got repetitive later on...and then it just got really boring. But thats me.

MakgSnake
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:24 AM

Enter the matrix? sorry to ruin yer fun but i think that game wasnt that good. It kinda got repetitive later on...and then it just got really boring. But thats me.
I dont know, but I think Enter The Matrix is an amazing game. Its gameplay is sooooo much fun, I cant even explain. But yeah....... Azuma you should seriously buy Metal Gear Solid 2. Buy "Substance"...... it'll be even better.

dan da man
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:13 AM

What???? this is a metal gear forum, and no I though it was a crap game, way too short, watch the movies there much better.

blindman
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:03 AM
I just agreed with everything Dan Da Man said.

dan da man
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:09 AM

I just agreed with everything Dan Da Man said.

Thanks pal!:D

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Sorry guys I really liked Enter the Matrix......and personally I would rather buy that over Sons of Liberty any day. Maybe if that loser Raiden wasn't in it, I'd think about picking it up.

dan da man
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Raiden is not a loser, face it he's the hero of the game, if you're a proper fan of MGS you would accept it was Kojima's choice and his team to put Radien in. He wont be in MGS3 so be happy, well he might, suprises are everything.

If anyone is a loser its Ghost, Neo would kick his ass any day.

Dark Angel
Jun 26th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Well said dan, about the Raiden thing I mean, I have no idea who Ghost is...sounds Matrixy

dan da man
Jun 26th, 2003, 03:18 PM

Well said dan, about the Raiden thing I mean, I have no idea who Ghost is...sounds Matrixy

one of the Playble characters is enter the matrix.

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 27th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

If anyone is a loser its Ghost, Neo would kick his ass any day.

Wow I would hope so, let's get this straight. The "One" versus just some guy. Come on now let's do better than that. But I'm sure Ghost could kick Raiden's ass any day of the week. "Rose I just killed somebody" boo hoo Raiden. Do you want a tissue? If I was Snake I would've taken that no-name out.

dan da man
Jun 27th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Im not too bothered if Ghost kicks Raiden ass, but he's not a loser, he's a hero, and im sure Ghost is the hero of enter the matrix.

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 28th, 2003, 07:32 AM
Fair enough man. I actually didn't mind Raiden at the end of the game. I just didn't like it when you first started using him and he acted like the biggest wimp.

TtTackler
Jun 29th, 2003, 10:30 PM
It's called character development and realism. He was sort of like Myrel from the first MGS, she was scared to kill someone at first. Can you imagine going through hours of virtual reality training thinking you can deal with death, then sent in the middle of a terrorist situation and had to kill someone for the first time? I'm sure Snake was the same way when he first shot someone dead, but like he said,"I've killed enough already to know what death looks like." Well, it was something along those lines with Psycho Mantis tells Snake the one thing they have in common..Point is, Kojima is a great story teller and owns Miyamoto any time of the day :cool:

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 30th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by TtTackler

Kojima is a great story teller and owns Miyamoto any time of the day:cool:

That's a pretty bold statement.

dan da man
Jun 30th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by TtTackler

Kojima is a great story teller and owns Miyamoto any time of the day :cool:

I agree.:D, I mean the guy makes my favriotes game(s) EVER! there both geniuses at makeing games, plus miyamoto has made one of my fav games ever mario 1 and 3, you cant complain at the end of the day.

TtTackler
Jun 30th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Miyamoto has become the rehash king IMO.

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 30th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Too bad Miyamoto is Nintendos God. Kojima is just another cool guy that makes games. I'll put it this way when I think Nintendo I think Miyamoto when I think of SONY Kojima isn't the first person that comes to mind.

dan da man
Jun 30th, 2003, 04:55 PM

Too bad Miyamoto is Nintendos God. Kojima is just another cool guy that makes games. I'll put it this way when I think Nintendo I think Miyamoto when I think of SONY Kojima isn't the first person that comes to mind.

True, hes been a legend alot longer, but who cares who's mighter, Im so thankful we have people on this planet like them, they make great games!

Azuma_Ninja
Jun 30th, 2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

True, hes been a legend alot longer, but who cares who's mighter, Im so thankful we have people on this planet like them, they make great games!

True that!

MakgSnake
Jul 1st, 2003, 01:29 AM
Miyamoto and Kojima are both amazing....... and I am pretty sure they respect each other alot. But one thing that I DONT understand is, after soo many years Miyamoto and Kojima has finally worked togather on "Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes"......... although Miyamoto is not completely involved with the game, he is making sure, that it turns out good. BUT......when I read the interview of both these guys...... this is what I noticed.

Kojima: Nintendo approached us and said, "How about MGS for the GameCube?" We accepted the offer.

Miyamoto on the other hand is saying...

Miyamoto: About a year ago, Mr. Kojima told me passionatly about Metal Gear Solid, exclusive for GameCube. Since his proposal was exactly what I had been meaning to bring up, we agreed on the spot and the project was started quickly.

So Nintendo approached Kojima, but still Miyamoto sounds like he doesn't wanna accept that, he wants to make it sound like Kojima proposed first......although Kojima says that Nintendo approached first. I dont know whats the big deal here, one should not feel small in asking first, but from the sound of it, seems like both are.... Thats just weird.

Azuma_Ninja
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Miyamoto and Kojima are both amazing....... and I am pretty sure they respect each other alot. But one thing that I DONT understand is, after soo many years Miyamoto and Kojima has finally worked togather on "Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes"......... although Miyamoto is not completely involved with the game, he is making sure, that it turns out good. BUT......when I read the interview of both these guys...... this is what I noticed.

Kojima: Nintendo approached us and said, "How about MGS for the GameCube?" We accepted the offer.

Miyamoto on the other hand is saying...

Miyamoto: About a year ago, Mr. Kojima told me passionatly about Metal Gear Solid, exclusive for GameCube. Since his proposal was exactly what I had been meaning to bring up, we agreed on the spot and the project was started quickly.

So Nintendo approached Kojima, but still Miyamoto sounds like he doesn't wanna accept that, he wants to make it sound like Kojima proposed first......although Kojima says that Nintendo approached first. I dont know whats the big deal here, one should not feel small in asking first, but from the sound of it, seems like both are.... Thats just weird.

Well at least they're working together so this game should be amazing when it comes out. It's too bad they both have to have different stories about who approached who first though.

Frozen
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:56 PM

Fair enough man. I actually didn't mind Raiden at the end of the game. I just didn't like it when you first started using him and he acted like the biggest wimp.

You make me laugh there, bro. have you actually found yourself in a real life combat situation, or worse, have you got to take some body's life?

AS it began on that part of the game, it was worked out so the character went through a completely realistic situation: the guy had never killed before, or at least he believed he had not. Someone who supposedly had only gone over VR training, had now to face the real thing. Of course there would be a SHOCK in his mind, it's only natural in a human being. Otherwise he would just have been an abnormal freak who feels nothing for no one.

Many people sees Raiden as a sissie because what: he happens to have the FUCKING HEAVY BURDEN AND TERRIBLY BAD LUCK of being compared to no other than SOLID SNAKE. THE SOLID SNAKE. The Badass, the UNBEATABLE son of a bitch that goes through any freaking situation in life and is always successful, and cool and cynic.

But you know what, Snake has been killing people for years, and yet he still feels remorse every time he does it, he just gets over it since there's nothing else he can do. Raiden, in the other hand, is somewhat a rookie, even though his skills in combat are just as good, if not better, than Snake's.

I don't know a damn thing about Ghost so I have no comment about it. It just pisses me off when people don't see what was really intended with Raiden's place in MGS2.

Don't get it personal, though, I think you are the shit man.

Azuma_Ninja
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:55 PM
I don't take offense to it. It is after all an opinion. I know a lot of people who don't like Raiden actually everyone I know doesn't like him. The only time I actually hear people defending him is on these forums. I have no problem with that we all have our opinions.

Frozen
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately, many people, if not most, have the terrible habit of just voicing their opinion with little or no support to it.

Azuma_Ninja
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

Unfortunately, many people, if not most, have the terrible habit of just voicing their opinion with little or no support to it.

If this is directed at me, what opinion would you like me to support?

Frozen
Jul 9th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Not exactly directed at you, you just reminded me of all people who criticize Raiden just because he's not as cold-blooded and cynic as Snake.

Vulcan Raven
Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE]Not exactly directed at you, you just reminded me of all people who criticize Raiden just because he's not as cold-blooded and cynic as Snake

Well Frozen, like alot of people have said, Raiden at the start was made out to be a sissy boy and says things like: "Rose I Have Killed somebody." When I heard that I thought the same thing, "Sissy Boy,What the F@#k were you thinking kojjima? were you drunk when you did this part of the game???

But as I neared the end of the game, Arsenal Gear, When He was tied up/on the torture thing And Solidus told us/raiden about the civil war days when he was the top of the elite child army in the Civil War. where he eared such names as the 'white Devil' and 'Jack the ripper' after the war he fled from the relief centre and 'so called 'FOXHOUND' (the Patriots)

So if you look Raiden, he DID after all have the codname snake @ the start of the game.

Look Past his girly, long haired Blonde Hair

and THEN yu will see who raiden TRULY is.

Okay, and also i do not own Substance and have SOL.

I bought MGS2 SOL as soon as it came out and now substance is out and I NEED SUBSTANCE!

u think i should sell SOL(its worth nothing now substance is out)

or keep it and just buy Substance (as SOL is on substance..)

what do you guys think??