PDA

View Full Version : NVidia GeForce 4....

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 26th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Very impressive. Only downer is no accelerated anisotropic filtering.

For example the new flagship GF4 4600 manages to run 1024x768 with Quincux antialiasing at the same speed as GF3 Ti 500 and ATi 8500 runs it without aa.

I want one :)

Click here for source and to see the chip in action!! (http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/02q1/020206/index.html)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Sweet!!!!I will get one of those so i can finally run wolfenstien at top resolution

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:55 PM
How much is the card going to cost/

LiquidSm0ke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:58 PM
I saw one in CompUSA for $400

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:01 PM
Hmm thats not a bad price i have to look into it,seems cheaper than a geforce 3

LiquidSm0ke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:05 PM
Really? I thought it's a bit more expensive than GeForce 3

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:42 PM
No the top of the line geforce is really expensive

Spirit
Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:32 AM
a gforce is the best though =P need to get it eventually :D

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by spiritslayer
a gforce is the best though =P need to get it eventually :D

I got a geforce 2 right now and im looking to upgrade to something bigger

Lefty
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:30 PM
yeah im running a voodoo 5 5500 and soon after i got the card the company went belly up. So nothing new has really came out for the card drivers, drivers, etc. Ive had the card a little over a year and am jsut looking for something new cause it will lag a bit when playing game over the net. I was looking at the geforce 3 cause you can get it for about half of the price of the 4. But i dont know and cash is always the problem since i have none.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
yeah im running a voodoo 5 5500 and soon after i got the card the company went belly up. So nothing new has really came out for the card drivers, drivers, etc. Ive had the card a little over a year and am jsut looking for something new cause it will lag a bit when playing game over the net. I was looking at the geforce 3 cause you can get it for about half of the price of the 4. But i dont know and cash is always the problem since i have none.

We still have a Voodoo 5 in our gateway.But since its my dad computer he never uses it

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Lefty

We still have a Voodoo 5 in our gateway.But since its my dad computer he never uses it