PDA

View Full Version : Question/conol? what?

dan da man
Mar 28th, 2003, 07:48 AM
This is something I have to clear up, I played metal gear solid when it come out, and loved it but, if the conol is merly's uncle, why did otacon say he was a AI at the end of mgs2, b4 snake fights fortune, im so confused! can someone clear it up that he actually exsits or just some computer crap?!?!?

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 28th, 2003, 11:58 AM
The AI is not the same AI that Snake was with during Shadow Moses.The AI Colonel for Raiden is what he made it up to be through his mind.I dunno if this is exactly right but i'll leave it to Makg to shed more light on it.

MakgSnake
Mar 28th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Thanks SSSnake... :) In Sons of Liberty, all of Colonel we see is an "A.I". Not an actual human being.

Colonel do exist, just like Rose does. But Raiden was talking to Artificial Intelegence throughout the game. Which is GW. That is why in the end when Raiden is all Naked, Colonel started to act wierd, as the virus was effecting GW --> Colonel.

As for the Shadow Moses Incident, that Colonel is the real one. That Roy Cambell is the real guy, a human, Solid Snake's good ol friend.

I know Colenel mentions that Meryl is his niece. But in the very end, he does say that Meryl is his daughter. Neway.... so yeah I hope I have explained well enough. If you have any more question, feel free to ask. :)

dan da man
Mar 29th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Thanks SSSnake... :) In Sons of Liberty, all of Colonel we see is an "A.I". Not an actual human being.

Colonel do exist, just like Rose does. But Raiden was talking to Artificial Intelegence throughout the game. Which is GW. That is why in the end when Raiden is all Naked, Colonel started to act wierd, as the virus was effecting GW --> Colonel.

As for the Shadow Moses Incident, that Colonel is the real one. That Roy Cambell is the real guy, a human, Solid Snake's good ol friend.

I know Colenel mentions that Meryl is his niece. But in the very end, he does say that Meryl is his daughter. Neway.... so yeah I hope I have explained well enough. If you have any more question, feel free to ask. :)

Thanks makg, You cleared it up, do you thing Roy Cambell will make a return in MGS3?

MakgSnake
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:53 PM
We all know that MGS3 will rotate around Snake 100%. As Kojima would not make any "Raiden" mistakes again (as some people may think)

But yeah, as the game will revolve around Snake completely, Roy Cambell will 101% make a return. Thats what I think...... cause Snake And Colonel goes way way back. When the first Metal Gear came out in 1987. So yeah Roy will return......... and we'll know everything about where he was during the Tanker and Plant incident.

I just hope Kojima doesn't plan on killing Roy in MGS3, I dont know why I said that. Its just a feeling.

dan da man
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:21 PM

I just hope Kojima doesn't plan on killing Roy in MGS3, I dont know why I said that. Its just a feeling.

:laugh: me too, but I do want Raiden to come back too (if they kill him im not bothered). Did the Conol freak you out at the end of mgs2 when he face turns like a robot/skeleton, Im just wondering, becuase it did with me.

Vic Viper
Mar 29th, 2003, 03:39 PM
geez, dan your sig is disturbing..:disturb:

Dark Angel
Mar 29th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Lol, haven't you seen that pic before? It's been spouted by all the Raiden haters, who now aparently have proof he's gay etc.....but just to clear it up, the Colonel is Meryl's father not uncle, as it says in the Otacon ending of MGS1.

MakgSnake
Mar 29th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Dark Angel

but just to clear it up, the Colonel is Meryl's father not uncle, as it says in the Otacon ending of MGS1.
Yup, I mentioned that, but knowing that the Meryl ending was the real one...... things get a little confusing. I still think that Roy is Meryl's daddy. So Roy could very well become Snake's father in Law. :laugh:

mark0™
Mar 30th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Personally, I Wouldn't mind Snake not being the main character again, maybe he should be a NPC and keep in contact with whomever the main character is via Codec. Why? Because Snakes old.

If Snake was to start in MGS3, it would be like casting Sean Connery as Bond for the Next 007 movie. Not all good things should last forever. I also want to see MGS change, I mean really change. If MGS3 is another clone of Shadow Moses I Swear I'm never playing any other MGS games in the future.

And Raiden was alright, for those who complained about his whining, it was to either create a situation for a NPC to explain to Raiden (the player) what to do. Because you can't be expected to know everything in the game straight away. It was also to emphasise that Raiden is a rookie, he should be scared, he had never been on the field before.

Also Makg, are you just saying your opinion or is that official?

And Dan, that sig is sick. Seriously.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 30th, 2003, 11:14 AM
I believe what Makg said was just his guess. It looks like I missed a lot by not being able to play the first game first.

MakgSnake
Mar 30th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I believe what Makg said was just his guess.
Huh?. Which one are you talking, what did I guess?...

As for Solid Snake being old and all. Well what if MGS3 start from exactly where MGS2 ended. Cause I dont believe Solid Snake is going to wait for 4 - 5 years before he starts chasing Ocelot who has gone to meet up with The Patriots. So in my opinion the game should start 2 or max 5 days after MGS2. It would just make more sense.

dan da man
Mar 30th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by mark0

Personally, I Wouldn't mind Snake not being the main character again, maybe he should be a NPC and keep in contact with whomever the main character is via Codec. Why? Because Snakes old.

Nah, snake isnt too old IMO.

I agree with makg it should not start about 4 years after the events of the big shell, talkin about all this makes me damn excited about the E3. do you think Kojima will show a trailer or just talk about mgs3?

MakgSnake
Mar 30th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

do you think Kojima will show a trailer or just talk about mgs3?
Hmmm......thats quite a hard one to think about. But I serioulsy wouldn't mind if he shows some Character Sketch atleast....... that would be a good start. A 45 seconds video would be even better. Even if its not of the story, but just plain show the graphics of MGS3.

Only talking about MGS3 would make me a little upset. But I can still live with it.

What I am also looking forward to is Kojima talking about the Metal Gear game on GameCube. :)

dan da man
Mar 30th, 2003, 03:26 PM

What I am also looking forward to is Kojima talking about the Metal Gear game on GameCube. :)

MEE TOO! I havent got a cube yet, but I cant imagine it being out this year, niether mgs3. Im still talking off the topic, but what the hec, do you know if the mgs remake will be a straight? And extra story and guns?

Dark Angel
Mar 30th, 2003, 03:36 PM
I think he meant if Makg was guessing at the Meryl ending being the official one. Aparently Kojima said in a typically vague way that Meryl ending was the real one (explaining why Meryl makes an appearance in Substance), therefore Campbell would still be uncle, not father..

MakgSnake
Mar 30th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Dark Angel

I think he meant if Makg was guessing at the Meryl ending being the official one. Aparently Kojima said in a typically vague way that Meryl ending was the real one (explaining why Meryl makes an appearance in Substance), therefore Campbell would still be uncle, not father..
Thats what I was saying as well. I hate it when Kojima does this multiple endings that confuse us.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 30th, 2003, 04:32 PM
I really did miss a lot by not playing the first game. Now that I've read my oist here before this I'm confused myself, oh well. So, the colonal in Sons of Liberty is a fake of the guy in MGS?

MakgSnake
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:55 PM

So, the colonal in Sons of Liberty is a fake of the guy in MGS?
Yup, he is not a human, but an A.I.

ssjtrunks13
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:15 PM
See, I understand. Wonder what happens in the first game, I only played a demo and it only took you as far as crawling into an airduct or something in the first level.

dan da man
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:27 AM

I really did miss a lot by not playing the first game. Now that I've read my oist here before this I'm confused myself, oh well. So, the colonal in Sons of Liberty is a fake of the guy in MGS?

Yeah, it confused me to hell.

Esjay
Apr 7th, 2003, 12:33 PM
I really think that the Colonel should have been an actual person, not a recreation of Raiden's expectations and the intelligence of Arsernal Gear. Ho well, them's the breaks.

Since everyone seemed to get onto the subject of E3 and MGS, I guess I'll comment on that too.

MGS3 is going to be incredible and cause a BUNCH of gaming orgasms, no doubt about that.

As for the Gamecube MGS game, I'm hoping it'll be a remake of the original MGS, but with new stuff of course, like the Resident Evil 1 Remake, it was based on the original Resident Evil, but it was almost a completely new game. I'd like to see something like that for the Gamecube.