PDA

View Full Version : Fav. FF character and why?

FreakOut
Jan 24th, 2002, 10:09 AM
What is your favourite Final Fantasy Character and why.

Is it because of his/hers abilities or the way they come across in the game?

Be good to see what people say and i didn't do a poll because theres just too many characters.

Soul Angel
Jan 24th, 2002, 10:26 AM
That's tricky one, I like all of the characters!

But I guess Cloud, I like his character and all and how the plot of the story evolved around him and all

jenova_jeb
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Zidane. He was the most perfect lead character I've ever seen. I didn't like the way most of the lead characters are so gloomy, and quiet. He was really a breath of fresh air. IX has the best overall character development I've ever seen.

devilmaydie
Jan 24th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Wakka would have to be my favorite. (from FFX) He is so laid back and he never ddisrespecs anyone. I also like how his main weapon is the blitzball.
Kimahri is al so cool.:)

Soul Angel
Jan 24th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by jenova_jeb
Zidane. He was the most perfect lead character I've ever seen. I didn't like the way most of the lead characters are so gloomy, and quiet. He was really a breath of fresh air. IX has the best overall character development I've ever seen.

Yeah I agree Zidane was also a great character and all!

IcyMourdor
Jan 24th, 2002, 04:42 PM
It has to Auron. He has the largest (not longest) katana I've seen so far and he looks pretty cool.

Spirit
Jan 24th, 2002, 04:43 PM
hmmmm Sephiroth?(you played as him for a little bit :D )

Pu the Owl
Jan 24th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Freya Crescent.
She's smart, original, and strong in battles :)

Reid
Jan 24th, 2002, 06:49 PM
I think Cloud Strife from FFVII.
His character was really well developed throughout the game, and he had a very interesting and tragic story.

Rei
Jan 24th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Laguna Loire or Cloud Strife.
I really felt a great affection for those two characters :D

kamari-ice
Jan 24th, 2002, 09:21 PM
I would say Kamirhi from (ffx).
He uses powerful magic.
And Spoiler))))
You can fight him in battle.

Killuminati
Jan 24th, 2002, 10:45 PM
Does it have to be a good guy. cause my fav character is definatley Sephiroth. Sephiroth Pic i made (http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mgx/Sephiroth_copy.jpg)

Good guy would be Vincent

Soul Angel
Jan 25th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Hey Xiliphore that is a really good Sephiroth pic!
You should put some of your stuff in the art gallery! ;)

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 25th, 2002, 10:00 AM
I would have to say that Auron is the Coolest but Sephiroth ties that. Auron the good version Sephiroth the bad version

Pearl
Jan 26th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Cloud: I like evrything about him.
And his story is so amazing I can't even say why I like it so much :)

Blow_Me_909
Mar 23rd, 2002, 11:38 AM
my favourite character is probably sephiroth cuz he is mysterious and so powerful

kupoartist
Mar 23rd, 2002, 03:13 PM
My favorite is kinda Relm (FF6). Possibly along with Shadow, as their back story is one of those thousands of nice little diversionary pieces in 6. Plus Relm is just sweet (and *****y as well...) and she hits people with paintbrushes :D which is just cool and original :)

Other faves are Selphie, Krile(check the fluffy ears on that white mage cloak :D) and Eiko. And yes my taste in characters is quite strange :happy:

Edit: cool! *****y is automatically edited :happy:

BlackThornn
Mar 23rd, 2002, 06:42 PM
My favorite character is Squall. He's easily the most complex and dynamic character in the series.. and you see him evolve into a completely different (better) person by the end of the game. (That's FFVIII, btw. :D )

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 24th, 2002, 01:33 AM
I would have to go with Seifer...I don't know why, there's just somethin about him that makes him so friggin cool...maybe just how he looks or his arrogance...I'm not sure...

But very very close second would be Auron, just because he's so confident and wise in battle...and is somewhat a loner.

Macceh^
Mar 24th, 2002, 04:25 AM
deffo squall and laguna.

Basically they are the most emotionally driven well developed characters from the series. The love element between squakll and rinoa is the obvious best. Too bad i didnt like the whole game system of ff8 : /

psyke
Mar 24th, 2002, 05:44 AM
I choose Sephiroth.

Its mainly because his superious behavior. He doesnt realyl act like he's superier, but he is, and he knows it.

And his music theme, is awesome, all of them.

Remember when you're int emple of time(?) and you're in that golden hall looking at drawings of the comet, and you start hearing Sephiroths theme...

When I played FF7, i loved Sephiroth, but I wanted to destroy him as well. out of respect, sort of.

And really wanting to take your opponent down in a game, helps the gaming experience overall so much.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 24th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Yeah Sephiroth would be a close third for me...

DreamSharpShooter
Mar 25th, 2002, 08:24 PM
i like irvine cuz he likes to me, he shows to the people a way to be but he really hides his really way to be.....besides he is the best shooter in ff, i like to him in that way too....

Srife
Mar 26th, 2002, 10:20 PM
Well Irvine May be ONE of the best shooters in the game but not the best I say it is a tie between him and Vincent I mean come on the whole vampire thing doesnt even make you like him a little bit i think it is Vincent all the way then Sephiroth then Cloud all are mysterious at first then you get to understand them.

kupoartist
Mar 27th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Srife
Well Irvine May be ONE of the best shooters in the game but not the best I say it is a tie between him and Vincent I mean come on the whole vampire thing doesnt even make you like him a little bit i think it is Vincent all the way then Sephiroth then Cloud all are mysterious at first then you get to understand them.

I personally prefer Laguna as the guy with a gun, and then It'd be Barret.... sorry for going against you and all :)

Macceh^
Mar 27th, 2002, 02:40 PM
aye lagunas theme (man with a machine GUN) ownz also :)

Pu the Owl
Mar 27th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

Other faves are Selphie, Krile(check the fluffy ears on that white mage cloak :D) and Eiko. And yes my taste in characters is quite strange :happy:

Coolness! So I'm not the only one who likes Eiko! :happy:

Srife
Mar 27th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Hey dont worry you are telling me what you think that is cool i just sorta found laguna to be a wuss. Vincent cold dark deep. That is how it needs to be.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 27th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Rufus is the man when it comes to Gun slinging!

kupoartist
Mar 28th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Fortune
Coolness! So I'm not the only one who likes Eiko! :happy:
lol... was kinda worried I was the only one myself :happy:
Originally posted by SrifeHey dont worry you are telling me what you think that is cool i just sorta found laguna to be a wuss. Vincent cold dark deep. That is how it needs to be.
Guess the whole Wuss thing is just kinda appealing to some, and repelling to others...

JC Denton
Mar 28th, 2002, 04:44 PM
i like rajin and fujin because they are the the last people i would not expect to be freinds, and they are so funny.

kupoartist
Mar 28th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Yeah Raijin and Fujin were coo', and easily better than Zorn and Thorn at any rate...

Srife
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:32 PM
I hate them with a passion. I was being stupid and i leveled for an 7 and a half hours then wandered around with out saving got into the fight with low HP and they killed me. It brought me to tears. Also they were so annoying.

JC Denton
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:35 PM
i hate barret the most out of all characters! i dont like selphie or cait sith either, how about you?

jenova_jeb
Apr 1st, 2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Srife
I hate them with a passion. I was being stupid and i leveled for an 7 and a half hours then wandered around with out saving got into the fight with low HP and they killed me. It brought me to tears. Also they were so annoying.

WHOA! 7 and a 1/2 hours!?!?! DANG! I would've been mad too. :frust:

happy_doughnut
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:03 PM
It definitely has to be Auron. His blades are niiiice and he's just cool. I also liked Quistis but she was a bit too much on the emotional side...bleh...

kupoartist
Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by JC Denton
i hate barret the most out of all characters! i dont like selphie or cait sith either, how about you?

:shock: ... I guess I can kinda understand your Selphie bashing :disturb: guess you don't go In for cutesy-ness, but Barret?! FOOL! he was like Mr T!!! (incidently I don't actually hate Cait Sith... though he was a little pointless)

Pu the Owl
Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:37 PM
There's nothing wrong with Barret IMO. And I like both Selphie and Cait Sith.
It seems cute characters (well, not that Barret is cute...I'm talking about the other two...) are always the most hated... :disturb:

IcyMourdor
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:22 PM

It seems cute characters (well, not that Barret is cute...I'm talking about the other two...) are always the most hated... :disturb:

That's usually because the "cute" characters are the ones that have the worst personalities and/or weak stats. I like Selphie because she has her Slot limit, but Cait Sith and Quina could go.

Pu the Owl
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:25 PM
But hey! Quina is not cute! :mad:

kupoartist
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:29 PM
wouldn't say Cait Sith was really...
Anyway, i'd say that all Blue Magic Characters are disliked... who here considers Gau, Strago, Cait-Sith (he carries the Manipulate materia I guess...) Quistis or Quina as their favorite character?

nanjij
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:29 PM
Sabin
1. his skill BLITZ is wicked
2. his hair cut
3. His attitude

Pu the Owl
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't say it's for all characters who use Blue Magic.
I'm probably the only one who likes Cait Sith so much and thinks he's so cute-huggable XD

As for Quistis, I know many FF fans who love her, even if I'm not one of them.

Regarding Quina, I don't like her not because she's like all the other characters who use Blue Magic, but only because she's a sort of optional character during the game.

And Kimahri, who can be included in this category of characters, is probably my fave character in FFX at the moment :right:

kupoartist
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:44 PM

Regarding Quina, I don't like her not because she's like all the other characters who use Blue Magic, but only because she's a sort of optional character during the game.

Actually... I think the problem that some have with Quina is that "its" an "It"... I'd say the majority of people who hate FF9 do so because of Kuja however... I hate nothing or nobody :happy: and I kind of think that people are really immature with stuff like Haemaphrodites/Guys wearing thongs :laugh:

JC Denton
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:46 PM
i like quistis, she is pretty coo,l though i wouldn't pick her to be on my team unless i had to.

Pu the Owl
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

I kind of think that people are really immature with stuff like Haemaphrodites/Guys wearing thongs :laugh:

Yes, I have to agree on this point: ambiguous characters are always kinda misuderstood, not only in FF games, but in movies, books, cartoons and so on.
It's not very mature saying, as I've heard many times, "I hate Kuja because he wears panties!".
In Japan they have not so many problems in appreciating ambiguous elements, depending mainly on the fact it's a part of their culture and if you look at their pop icons, they're always ambiguous. In western culture it's very different, so many persons are confused and don't like it.

Regarding Quina, well, I don't think "it's" a complete "it":
*minor spoilers*
there was the wedding with Vivi, after all... :laugh:

happy_doughnut
Apr 27th, 2002, 08:06 PM
I say Rydia. I just really liked the way they introduced her in the story. Besides, in FF4 I think she's one of the strongests fighters! I just think she's cool. I also liked Squall a lot. I liked his personality mainly. And, he was so cute!!:love:

Rei
Apr 27th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Yes, Squall is a cutie! How can people say Seifer is better than him! :mad:

Macceh^
Apr 28th, 2002, 03:42 AM
i like cait sith i used him alot allthough his limit is too unpredictable same with vincent and all the other slot characters (vincent being turning into a deamon as he turned into that fire deamon and kept healing materia keeper :( )

happy_doughnut
Apr 28th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Rei
Yes, Squall is a cutie! How can people say Seifer is better than him! :mad:

I don't know Rei. It's such a tough call! I mean, they're both cutties!! Seifer also has that adorable little grin! Then...again, Squall has dark hair :love:

Oh yeah, doesn't anybody here like Pallom and Parom (sp?). I thought they were pretty cool....

kupoartist
Apr 29th, 2002, 02:26 PM
TWIN!!!

yeah Palom and Porom were kinda cool... but you didn't have them for too long :(...