PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears

happy_doughnut
Mar 15th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Yeah, yeah... say what you want :laugh:

Anyhow, I'm *barely* playing Xenogears since I wasn't able to get this game until just recently and also 'cause RPGs with mechs. don't really appeal to me. =/

I started last night and I'm at the part where you have to fight those Gebler troops and Elly.
I've only gotten as far as to beat the first two sets, but can't beat Elly. By the time I actually get to the Vierge, my HP is around 1000 and have have hardly any fuel left (try 100 -_-).
I looked at a walkthrough *shame* and it says that Fei can take out one from the first set with 3 or 4 X button attacks and the other with 1 or 2 level 2 combos. That's not true !!. The X button attack ONLY does like 40 in damage and the level 2 attacks do like 150 ! It takes foreva ! Then in the second fight, I have like 2300 HP and medium-ish fuel. In the FAQ, it says that one of the 3 has 300 HP and should be knocked out in 1 combo. This is not so... it takes so long with weak X attacks like 30, and 2 turns to build up the level 2 attack.

Then Elly... well, hell. I'm all dried from the rest and she uses that Aerods attack every two turns. Oh, and ANY normal attack takes away 0.
Then the level 1 and 2 attacks take away 50 and 70.
She's supposed to have 2000+ HPs... how in bloody hell am I gonna get passed it ?

help !

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 15th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Have you bought upgrades for your mech?

Also I'm glad to hear that your playing...tis one of my favorite RPG's

Nelo Angelo
Mar 15th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Upgrade your mech.

If you're not doing much damage then that means your Power Output is low(I'm guessing that was it because I haven't played in a LONG time).

The monsters in the cave give lots of money and exp.

Infernal Mass
Mar 15th, 2003, 06:21 PM
i'd help, i really would.. but i'm playing Xenosaga right now. It's only 50 million times better.

DigiMortal
- wooo! XD

plus scroll-

that battle was tough i remember it..

happy_doughnut
Mar 15th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Yeah... Nelo said the first disk was pretty long...
I'm not sure, but I might not even finish it if it keeps going as is :disgust:

Well, I'm pretty sure Weltall has the *newest* upgrades. I bought the ones that inhanced it the best, so I don't know why it's still attacking so weakly.

I think I'll give it another go... meh.
How about you guys ? When you played it, was Weltall attacking the way my handicap mech. is ?

Originally posted by DigiMortal

plus scroll-

:frust:

Infernal Mass
Mar 15th, 2003, 11:26 PM
yeah it was a pretty long game for a double disc title.

DigiMortal
- Imagine if it was a 4 disc game :shock:

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 16th, 2003, 12:23 AM

i'd help, i really would.. but i'm playing Xenosaga right now. It's only 50 million times better.

DigiMortal
- wooo! XD

50 millions times better...dear lord i think not...

but eh we all have our opinions

Yeah ZS...check and see if you do have the right upgrades, cause you shouldn't be hitting that weakly, and stick with it, the story will definately grow

Nelo Angelo
Mar 16th, 2003, 01:15 AM
Well Zero, you should check with the FixBot at the end of the cave if Weltall is up to date.

But when I fought them, I think I was doing like in the hundreds with my X attack, I can't remember.

Hero
Mar 16th, 2003, 02:25 AM
50 million times better? More like 50 million times worse... Than Simpsons Road Rage.

I seriously think the cutscenes in this game are terrible, and before you start arguing it, I am already 25 hours into the game, and I'm hating it because the better half of those 25 hours was all cutscenes. Cutscenes... Cutscenes... Cutscenes... :frust:

Xenogears is a GREAT game, and you'll love the plot twists.

Beretta55
Mar 16th, 2003, 07:21 AM
I havent even played Xenogear's. what can i say im not very up to date on rpg'sXD i will probally buy the game. now it's probally a decent price of 20 buck's. now i just need to find my old psone memory card.

Infernal Mass
Mar 16th, 2003, 01:46 PM
ok, ok everyone, i know xenogears is good.. i'm just terrorizing Mena's thread. XD:evil:

50 million times better? More like 50 million times worse... Than Simpsons Road Rage.

:disturb: yeah, or not.

DigiMortal
- how about army men, is it better than army men?..Sarge's Heros?..3DO?..

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 16th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Hero

Dude, that was the worst comparison ever...

happy_doughnut
Mar 16th, 2003, 03:19 PM

ok, ok everyone, i know xenogears is good.. i'm just terrorizing Mena's thread. XD:evil:

Ah, you evil little heifer :mad: You're supposed to be helping me !

Okay, I think I'll check the stats. with the Fixbot. But I could have sworn I did all necessary upgrades beforehand. Hm..

- Army men... :laugh: That game's badass ! Whatcha talking 'bout ?

XboxKiller
Mar 17th, 2003, 02:33 PM
I beat the game a long time ago but I remeber I was stuck where you are stuck. theres just one way your gonna be able to beat them and that one way is RAISE SOME FRIGGIN LEVELS. trustttt
meeee thats what I did and it worked.:roll:

(and xenosaga is better than xenogears. whats wrong with the long cutscene, I just grab me a sandwich relax and enjoy them)

(but I guess thats just me )
:laugh:

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 17th, 2003, 04:00 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, for its been awhile, I thought leveling didn't matter when in mechs?

I could be thinking of somethin else though...

Darkness 4 Hire
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:31 PM
I will no take credit for s4h's playing of xenogears. Because i am indeed the Guru of RPGs!!!!

Esjay
Apr 11th, 2003, 07:19 PM
I had some trouble with this battle, but it only took me 3 tries. You have to turn your booster on during the battle with Elly, make sure you have some Frame HPs to use to restore your gear's health, too. The trick is to hit her with X attacks until you get up to attack level 3, then use your best attack, and heal with Frame HPs. Make sure you keep your booster on, that usually defines the outcome of the battle.

Xenogears is the greatest game ever created, by the way. I just found the copy my friend loaned me today and I started playing again. If you think those bosses are hard, just wait till you get to the second disk. There's a boss that decreases everyone's health to 1 at the beginning of the battle.

That game has some sweet moves in it though...just wait till Citan gets his sword ;)