PDA

View Full Version : Baseball 2004 lineup

jjmoohead
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Has anyone seen the release dates on these games, i have yet to see the dates.

dan da man
Mar 8th, 2003, 08:14 PM
I dont know if this info will hel you at all.....but f you got a xbox it might

Microsoft unveils Inside Pitch
2/27/2003

The first console baseball game from Microsoft will feature downloadable content and more.

Microsoft has officially revealed Inside Pitch 2003 for the Xbox, its first entry in the console baseball market. The game will feature a number of different modes, including single game, season, playoff, and home run derby. In addition, Inside Pitch 2003 will feature a training track mode in which players can enhance the skills of their created players by having them participate in various training drills. There will also be a championship challenge option in which players can relive key events from the 2002 baseball season, like the 7-7 tie in the MLB All-Star game. As far as online support goes, Inside Pitch will feature online play and will track online statistics such as win-loss records and batting and pitching stats.

-- Courtesy of GameSpot

Hope you have XBL to upgrade the game. Il look up for some ps2 base ball games now. No relaese dates yet.

MakgSnake
Mar 11th, 2003, 04:04 PM
I dont know, but I am buying "Sega Sport's" Base Ball Game. It Looks Awesome and gotten some sweet reveiws as well.

Preventer Wind
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:35 PM
All the games are out! High Heat and All-Star Baseball came out first then the others came out I don't know when (Were not out Monday). I'll give you guys the gamepro rankings.

Graphics:

MVP Baseball 2003: 5
World Series Baseball 2K3: 4.5
High Heat Baseball 2004: 4.0
All-Star Baseball 2004: 4.0

Fun Factor:
High Heat Baseball 2004: 5.0
World Series Baseball 2K3: 5.0
MVP Baseball 1003: 4.0

Controls:
High Heat Baseball 2004: 5.0
World Series Baseball 2K3: 5.0
MVP Baseball 2003: 4.0

Sound:
MVP Baseball 2003: 4.0
World Series Baseball 2K3: 4.0
High Heat Baseball 2004: 3.5

I have played High Heat Baseball and I think it sucks. The game play wasn't good and it made weird noises in my ps2 (made my ps2 run really fast). I normally don't care for sound in sports games but sometimes there would be no music or the music would stop and you would hear a weird noise. I like the idea of the minor leagues but I had problems with setting the lineups of some of the minor league teams and setting the rotation. The Create-a-player is terrible. You can't change your guy’s looks outside of how tall he is. Though having six pitches for pitchers is a plus. The pitching sucks. You hit two buttons and hope the guy doesn't hit (Pick the pitch and then if it is a strike or a ball). Hitting is all timing (which is true in real life) but there is not enough control in it. Plus the rosters are not up to date (No Matsui or Conteras. Your guys that signed with teams late that are still free agents and the guys that got traded recently) If they had online capabilities it would not be so bad. As you can tell I hated the game, but who am I to judge, pick it up and try it if you want.

I have not played any of the other games. I probably wont try All-Star Baseball since it got the worst rankings and the graphics look terrible. I've bought the last two Triple Play games and thought they were good. I always thought a franchise mode would make the game great and it has one this year and it sounds like it is bad ass. I didn't try World Series Baseball last year since I didn't have my X-Box yet. The Dreamcast versions sucked. But it sounds a lot better. I prefer my sports games on the PS2.

World Series Baseball 2k3 got a 5.0 in fun factor, 4.5 in graphics, 4.0 in sound and 5.0 in control. I haven't played it yet but I will pick it up next time I hit the video store.

To me World Series and MVP look the best.

jjmoohead
Mar 15th, 2003, 04:15 PM
I rented MVP baseball (EA SPORTS) and i must say I love it, I spend most of my time just simming games and doing the frachise mode as a manager, some good fun!

Preventer Wind
Mar 16th, 2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead
I rented MVP baseball (EA SPORTS) and i must say I love it, I spend most of my time just simming games and doing the frachise mode as a manager, some good fun!

Oh yeah. I think it is the BEST Baseball game ever made. I bought it after renting All-Star Baseball and High Heat. I thought those two games were terrible.

I have only four problems with the game:

1. It's too hard to strike out people. They rarely swing at anything that is just a hair out of the strike zone. It angers me.

2. Re-signing players is not realistic. I resigned some really good people under 500 each. I have only seen 2 people ask for a lot more money then what were making.

3. No fantasy draft. I like to draft a team because it evens out the playing field. But the only draft is the rookie draft in franchise mode.

4. Stealing bases is impossible. My team has 4 stolen bases in 30 attempts. And 3 of those steals are from simulated games!

Other then that the game is near perfect. The graphics are great and the music is way better then NBA Live and Madden. The commentating is not over repetitive and it is actually challenging to win. And the fact that you can intervene when you sim is the best feature for any sports game since the franchise mode was put in.