PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hawk 3-freeze?

gpercy1
Feb 25th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Got a new ps2 2 weeks ago- (30 days to return it if need be) Each time I finish Tokyo-Screen goes black and stays that way-any suggestions-Also, first DVD experience was less than stellar-lots of pauses/skips- any suggestions?

Mercury Shadow
Feb 25th, 2002, 04:38 PM
This probably has nothing to do with your problem, but just something to think about

A couple weeks after I bought my ps2, the first time I beat the cruise ship in Tony Hawk (last level of gameplay) it froze. I found out that my PS2 was broken... Only way it's linked to THPS3 is that it started while I was playing tony. Maybe THPS3 is a disease! who knows, but you should return the game for a new one. No reason why you should have a screwed up game

nanjij
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:54 AM
just take ure ps2 back i'd take mine back for the slightet thing but i think im out of gurantee.

gpercy1
Feb 26th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Went back to Toys r Us to return questionable ps2 and got an new one- (no questions asked....) Other games seem to run better ----HOWEVER in thp3 in career mode, I get past Tokyo, It says it's unlocking pro bails 2 movie and then goes black and starts making ticking noises and stys that way-CD is only 2 weeks old-backside looks good-What is supposed to happen at that point?

Mercury Shadow
Feb 26th, 2002, 04:47 PM
maybe the problem is in the THPS3 dvd... return it.

Thanat0s
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Ive had that problem with my ps2 before. Every dvd id play, would lock up, and some games wouldnt play. I tried to take it back to kmart, (dumb place to buy it, i know) and they wouldnt take it back. So, I was forced into keeping it. But, I tried putting it on its side, and that made it work fine. I dunno, maybe ps2 has some kind of glitch.

gpercy1
Feb 26th, 2002, 10:34 PM
Thanks for all the help-I'm sending thp3 off with a friend to try it in his ps2-If the problem persists-I'll return it-Toys R us took the original playstation2 back without a question, why not the game too...

Indrid Cold
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:57 PM
I never played Tony hawk Part 3. only 2 and 1.