PDA

View Full Version : Best RE game for a rent

Mana
Feb 25th, 2002, 12:25 AM
I'd like to rent a RE game, because I don't know much about them. I've tried one of themsome time ago, but I cannot remember very well which one. Surely, it was not RE Code Veronica.
Which one do you suggest for a rent? Which one is the best?
I don't know if I'll like it, so maybe if you tell to begin with the first one and it's the worst among them, I won't be very impressed ;)

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 25th, 2002, 01:30 AM
My favorites were 1 and 2. But that's because the game was new and fresh. My friend loaned me Code Veronica and I only played about a half hour of it. I'm just tired of the whole "find a key, solve a puzzle, shoot a zombie" type of game.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 25th, 2002, 06:52 AM
The best in my opinion would have to be number 2.Has the best storyline that also tells you where the last one leaves off so you dont miss anything.Its also a blast to play and after you go through it once you can play through it again to get the other side of the story

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Well, if you're looking for one that will last you the longest, I'd have to say Resident Evil:Code Veronica X. That was by far the most challenging with the hardest puzzles, most enemies(and a larger variety of them), and of course, the best graphics. The hardest parts of the game are in the beginning and the end. In the beginning, you must almost rely on the knife because if not, you'll run out of bullets.

x157anz
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:21 PM
The only RE game i rented was code veronica i didnt like it.
all you can hear on RE is the sound of the zombys all the way through it (well i didnt get that far):p *Oarrrrrrrrrrr* <--- sounds summat like that.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Squaredsoft
Well, if you're looking for one that will last you the longest, I'd have to say Resident Evil:Code Veronica X. That was by far the most challenging with the hardest puzzles, most enemies(and a larger variety of them), and of course, the best graphics. The hardest parts of the game are in the beginning and the end. In the beginning, you must almost rely on the knife because if not, you'll run out of bullets.

I think RE2 has more total game play at least thats what is was for me

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:53 PM
Well, I found that although RE2 was probably the best, it was a bit short to me. I like to play RE:CV to waste time, and RE2 for the hell of it.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Did you do the B side of the game for each character and the 4th survivor mini game

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 08:13 PM
It's been along while, but yes, I have. It run through RE2 like I run through shoes.....very fast.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 08:17 PM
Ah ok.Yeah so what do think the RE series going to GC Squaredsoft?

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Could you possibly rephrase that last statement? I fail to recognize the entirety of the message in which you are attempting to convey.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:07 PM
I was asking what you thought of the Resident Evil series going to Gamecube.

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:12 PM
I think that it's great. I never did have the chance to play the very first Resident Evil that started it all, and now, soon I'll be able to with much better graphics, sound, lighting, and higher difficulty. Also, they are currently in progress with RE4 for GCN. I can't wait for that one! The only RE I never liked was Survivor. It was pathetic, so IF they do so happen to port that, I hope that they make it much harder and a little longer perhaps.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Yeah survivor did suck.Did you know resident evil Survivor:code veronica and the resident evil online are coming to ps2

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:18 PM
Yeah. I read about that in I think a recent EGM. The skin textures looked like trash and they said the game was 80% done(I think that was it). They should just give up on the RE:Survivor series and concentrate on the normal ports and the new RE4 in development.

BTW, do you have AOL/AIM/MSN/Yahoo?

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Yeah dont think i'll buy the new suvivor.Although i am getting a GC for the new RE remake and then RE4.And as for my messengers i'll give you my name and the messenger its on.Here they are

AIM-guitarfreak3184
[email protected]
Yahoo-guitarfreak842001

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:30 PM
I won't either. I already got my GCN, because of SSB:M and knowledge of some future RPGs as well as Resident Evil, especially 4.

Pu the Owl
Feb 27th, 2002, 03:07 PM
I'd suggest to rent RE2 or RE: Code Veronica X, while I wouldn't recommend the others...

Serj
Feb 27th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Resident Evil, RE:2, and RE: CV are must have's. But if you want to rent a game rent one of those three. RE3 was kind of lacking so I wouldn't reccomend it. The story sucked.

Squaredsoft
Feb 27th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Serj
Resident Evil, RE:2, and RE: CV are must have's. But if you want to rent a game rent one of those three. RE3 was kind of lacking so I wouldn't reccomend it. The story sucked.

Well now I wouldn't say the story sucked, I'd state it as Capcom tried some unique twists to the game that many masses of players deemed as non-enjoyable efforts.

But my personal opinion is that RE3 is good, no matter how you look at it. All of them have their faults, like any other game would, but none so bad as to title it in the manner to say that it "sucked".

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 27th, 2002, 06:07 PM
I liked RE3 alot,It tried some different things that were never in a RE game.Like choosing your own way through the game at certain points.Another cool thing on that game is the ability to make your own ammo

Serj
Feb 27th, 2002, 10:20 PM
True, true...
The picking your own destiny and making your own amma was ok but RE3 wasnt for me.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 28th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Yeah there are negative thingsabout RE3 but at least we got to see a nuke dropped on the city

Rei
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:10 PM
I suggest RE 2 because it's my fave RE game :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:17 PM
Yeah speaking of RE2.Did you know albert wesker and Ada wong were working together

Mana
Mar 1st, 2002, 07:26 PM
Thanks for your suggestions: I'll probably rent RE2 or RE Code Veronica :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Yeah speaking of RE2.Did you know albert wesker and Ada wong were working together

Again did anyone know this besides me

Devil Snake
Mar 8th, 2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake

Again did anyone know this besides me

yes i knew about it a little. as i heard about it

mana, u should rent RE2, although i loved RE3 alot but RE2 rules as well.!.~!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 8th, 2002, 08:34 AM
In the order of best to worst heres the order. RE2.RECVX,RE3,RE