PDA

View Full Version : Help needed !!! experts please advise

noodleman
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:20 PM
HI there,

My PS2 started not to read any silver data surface DVD games.... only Blue surface compact disk games work !!!

Whats happening to my PS2 ? Anyone can help to advise me ? My warranty is out and it's a 30004R version.

Compact disk reading was alright... but when i load my dvd movies .... no data disk found msg from PS2 .....

issit something wrong with the len ? but if the len is faulty ... how come it still can play blue disk compact disk and audio cds ....

I hope i can get advise from all experts here .....

Hope to hear from u all soon .......

Preventer Wind
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:36 AM
This happened to me a couple months ago. Except that any thing I put in it did not work. I bought a game doctor (Which really does work miracles) and that didn't solve the problem. I tried cleaning out all the dust but it didn't work. I ended up buying a new one rather then send it in. If you have an older ps2 (don't remember the exact code) I think there was something faulty with it. There is a difference in the ones that first came out and the ones that are on shelves now.

So my advice? Well you can try what I did, it did prolong it's death for a couple of months. You can try one of those lens cleaner discs. Or you could send it in for repairs. But it will probably be a month before you get it back unless you live close to a factory. You save about $75.00 by doing that though.

I tried selling my old ps2 to Babages and they told me they wouldn't take it because it was dying :laugh:

Edit: If you are desperate check this link out http://www.geocities.com/djyayo/PS2errorFAQ.txt
It really works. I tried it out on my old one and it works now!

ToxicUK
Apr 26th, 2003, 04:09 PM
You should going into the PS2 and adjusting the voltage - it works plus you cant do any harm cos youre warrantys gone...