PDA

View Full Version : First Splinter Cell Downloadable Level

Vic Viper
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:51 AM
The First Splinter Cell Downloadable Level Gets A Date
Today, Ubi Soft Entertainment announced plans to release Kola Cell, a new level for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell that will be available for download via Xbox Live. This new mission will be available to Xbox Live subscribers beginning March 14, 2003.

"Ubi Soft thanks Tom Clancy Splinter Cell fans for their continued support by providing a free downloadable mission that is just as exciting and intense as the original game," said Tony Kee, vice president of Marketing for Ubi Soft Entertainment. "We are psyched that Xbox Live allows us to bring our best content directly to our fans."

"We're pleased to deliver this extra level of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell through our Xbox Live service," said David Hufford, Xbox marketing manager. "Xbox gamers dug the original game so much that they are fiending for new content that will extend the life of the game, adding hours of intense stealth-action Sam Fisher style! It's an excellent example of what Xbox Live gamers expect from many of the hottest games on Xbox."

link (http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1045677269,81198,)

dan da man
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:45 AM
WoW! great news king_freak, ive been wating for this news for a long time, I hope that they put some new weapons and gadgets in! im thinking of trading in splinter cell, for a xbox live game but now I hear this news im not too sure.

-ThinK-Radio
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:41 PM
Shows the greatness that the xbox offers over the ps2.

MakgSnake
Feb 24th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by -ThinK-Radio

Shows the greatness that the xbox offers over the ps2.
Ok this is about the game not about systems and what they can do.

New download contents for Splinter Cell...... talk about that.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:01 AM
So, you can download stuff to enhance the game? IS this for all the systems?

MakgSnake
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

No No........ its to download new levels for the game, that is if you have finished it and done with all the levels you can download new levels (and gadgets I suppose) to keep playing the game. To increase its lasting appeal. :)

And well, all this downloadable Content is only available on the Xbox.

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Only for xbox, becuase of its built in hardrive and xbox live.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

No No........ its to download new levels for the game, that is if you have finished it and done with all the levels you can download new levels (and gadgets I suppose) to keep playing the game. To increase its lasting appeal. :)

Actually, that is almost exactly what I was asking, thanks for the help.

Infernal Mass
Feb 28th, 2003, 07:04 AM
i wonder how many blocks a level takes up?
DOA3 booster pack took up about 2,900 blocks..

dan da man
Feb 28th, 2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by DigiMortal

i wonder how many blocks a level takes up?

Good point, hope not alot, but can you store the levels on the memory cards you buy?