PDA

View Full Version : The New Tomb Raider

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 11:28 PM
Well its been announced for ps2 and they'd shown some PC screens that the ps2 will look like.When this game comes out what are your expections

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 24th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Probably the same old Tomb Raider with new graphics.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 11:33 PM
Well i guess its spose to have more stealth elements and the pics they showed of it look pretty impressive

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 08:05 PM
Couple of tomb raider screens

Screen1 (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.net/images/tng_screen/screen2.jpg)
Screen2 (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.net/images/tng_screen/screen1.jpg )
Screen3 (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.net/images/tng_screen/screen3.jpg )
Screen4 (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.net/images/tng_screen/screen5.jpg )

merylsilverburg
Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:01 PM
Cool pics, SSSnake. I see you got those from tombraider chronicles. Heh, heh....I used to be so into the Tomb Raider games and I thought Lara was a really cool chick. I would go to every site just to see if there would be a new game and what outfits or places she'll explore. But, now....I'm just plain tired of her. I got all of her games, and for the games after Tomb Raider 2.....I just got tired and used codes. I didn't care, I just wanted to see the endings. I only got the games 'cause it completed my collection, ya know? Anyway.....the graphics are lookin' pretty good, but it'll probably be the same old thing..:zzz: zzz

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Cool pics, SSSnake. I see you got those from tombraider chronicles. Heh, heh....I used to be so into the Tomb Raider games and I thought Lara was a really cool chick. I would go to every site just to see if there would be a new game and what outfits or places she'll explore. But, now....I'm just plain tired of her. I got all of her games, and for the games after Tomb Raider 2.....I just got tired and used codes. I didn't care, I just wanted to see the endings. I only got the games 'cause it completed my collection, ya know? Anyway.....the graphics are lookin' pretty good, but it'll probably be the same old thing..:zzz: zzz

Hopefully they change some things though

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:48 PM
Well when it comes out I'll rent it for sure. I hope it's better than the last few.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
Well when it comes out I'll rent it for sure. I hope it's better than the last few.

Well since eidos is totally reworking the engine it has to get better

Pu the Owl
Mar 7th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
Probably the same old Tomb Raider with new graphics.

That's exactly what I think :disturb:

MADRUCKIS
Mar 9th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Hey Hey
Lets not forget what the people at Edios are saying. I remember an article where they talked about Lara's death and it's under-lying reason for doing it. They wanted Lara to have a rebirth, in a way killing her to kill the Tomb Raider as we know it. So when they bring Lara back on the PS2, they gonna change the direction of the franchise. This is gonna either make or break Tomb Raider here folks, I saw a still of Lara in London in sneaking gear while behind her theres water and fireworks going off in the air. Looked fluid, let's hope the gameplay matches.

merylsilverburg
Mar 10th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Hmmm.....then why are they still keeping the "Tomb Raider" name? Killing off Lara to have a re-birth? If she's not going to raid tombs anymore then why bother? I mean, they're still keeping the name, but having a whole new Lara sneaking around London, New York, or whatever, just doesn't make any sense. This is one reason why I'm starting to think, "Oh boy.."

Mercury Shadow
Mar 10th, 2002, 09:50 PM
I've never really been into the Tomb Raider series... and the series wouldn't be quite as popular if Lara was ugly :sarcasm:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 10th, 2002, 10:28 PM
I don't know why everyone thinks it going to flop,i think eidos learned from its past mistakes and make a better game

Soul Angel
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:31 PM
I heard something that the next Tomb Raider game will be online or something but I'm not to sure? :confused:

But I've also heard that there will be two playable characters in it, one being Lara Croft (of course) and the other being some other guy?

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Hmmmmmmm an online tomb raider game *wonder what is could be like* nope i dont see a game like that working.

MakgSnake
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:19 AM
This Game Will Rock.. She Is HOT And SeXY!.! And We All Know That! Hehehe.....

I Swear.....The Gamplay Wont Be Same.. I Doubt!.! But Even If Its The Same. The Graphics Are Sooo Amazing...Our Eyes Will Be Relaxed Looking At The Lush Amazing Graphics.

I'd Buy The Game No Matter What!.!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
This Game Will Rock.. She Is HOT And SeXY!.! And We All Know That! Hehehe.....

I Swear.....The Gamplay Wont Be Same.. I Doubt!.! But Even If Its The Same. The Graphics Are Sooo Amazing...Our Eyes Will Be Relaxed Looking At The Lush Amazing Graphics.

I'd Buy The Game No Matter What!.!

I agree with makg on those factors

Reid
Mar 15th, 2002, 01:04 PM
I'm not terribly interested in this game, because I wasn't a big fan of the PSOne games.

But . . . if it is going to be a lot different than maybe I'll see if it's good.

(Or read the review here :p )

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:54 PM
I guess they changed alot of game play elements in the game to make it more original and better.

Cannibal Clown
Mar 16th, 2002, 06:49 PM
That sound cool, the defferent game play that is.

I never got into the first games too much because I didn't like the game play, but I loved the game itself. So I'm looking forward to this.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 16th, 2002, 10:44 PM
Well Eidos claims its going to have alot of stealth elements like mgs.So hopefully if this is true the game wont be a let down.

Mercury Shadow
Mar 16th, 2002, 11:41 PM
This is a bit off topic, sorry, but I thought I'd say... All you Angelina Jolie fans should definitely watch the movie GIA... It has some very nice scenes if you know what I mean ;) It may be on HBO soon...

Sorry, just had to say that!

Macceh^
Mar 23rd, 2002, 03:51 AM
the tomb raider series started off great i was so into the first one the plot was so amazing i couldnt wait for the second.

When it came out it was good but it lacked soemthing and ti seems the tomb raiders got worse from theer i never bothered to get the latest becasue last revelation jsut bored me to hell the same old puzzles and levels.

The new tomb raider will look fancy but wait isnt lara dead? so what is this gonna be based around? events before the last revelation.

IMO i can see it being the same old thing : /

MakgSnake
Mar 26th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Well Eidos claims its going to have alot of stealth elements like mgs.So hopefully if this is true the game wont be a let down.
U Are So Right SSSnake About That.....And I Love The Fact That It'll Contain MGS Elements. Cause They Are Always GOOD In Every Game.!. Just Check This MGS Type Shots!.! :D

Snake And The Doc (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,468726-34,00.html)

Jump Out Shoot (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,468726-29,00.html)

Strangle (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,468726-32,00.html)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Hay makg what would you do if it was just an exact clone of how mgs2 plays like.What would you think of it if eidos made that game like that?

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 26th, 2002, 03:47 PM
This will most definitly a game that i will have to check out

MakgSnake
Mar 26th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Hay makg what would you do if it was just an exact clone of how mgs2 plays like.What would you think of it if eidos made that game like that?
I Know Myself I'll Love The Game Even More, Although It'll Be An Aspect Copying From Another Game But Still.. The Sneaking And Stuff Like That, I Just Love.

This Sexy Game Will Get Even Hotter Then Before! :D

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Yeah I would say the same thing.You can't be lara sneaking around in tight short and a shirt

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 26th, 2002, 11:46 PM
Or maybe in a swimming suit that would be great too

Jango Fett
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
I've never really been into the Tomb Raider series... and the series wouldn't be quite as popular if Lara was ugly :sarcasm:

I can't remember how many times I put laras back to a wall to see her ernourmous...................

merylsilverburg
Mar 28th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Jango Fett

I can't remember how many times I put laras back to a wall to see her ernourmous...................

:laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, I still have to wait and see how this game will turn out. I mean, I loved the original Tomb Raider, but I started getting kinda tired with the same puzzles, and the whole "non-tomb" thing. I just thought they should've stopped at Tomb Raider 2. Well, I'm still gonna check it out anyway, since I already have all of her PS1 games...:laugh:

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 28th, 2002, 10:11 PM
here is a preview for the game if you guys would like to read up on it some more

Tomb Raider (http://www.***********/game/1086415/previews#1086609)

merylsilverburg
Mar 29th, 2002, 12:58 AM
The info was pretty helpful, Neo. Actually, the game sounds interesting....but still....I have to wait and see. ;) One guy on the "Hype" didn't seem so thrilled on the next Tomb Raider game....he gave the hype of this game a 1. Heh, well there's one guy who hates Lara....:laugh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 29th, 2002, 01:05 AM
Yeah sounds like they got some new and fresh ideas.Hopefully the execute the game in a well manner and make sure each part of it is flawless

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 29th, 2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I loved the original Tomb Raider, but I started getting kinda tired with the same puzzles, and the whole "non-tomb" thing. I just thought they should've stopped at Tomb Raider 2.

That's exactly how I feel. However I will rent this game to see if any of the old magic has been recaptured.

merylsilverburg
Mar 29th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Well, Sleazy P, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. :)
Yeah, I'm also going to try the game and see how it is, but I think there will be no more tomb raiding (that's so obvious, especially Tomb Raider 3....) I think in Lara's new adventure, she'll be going to a few different cities and London again...? :confused:

Indrid Cold
Jun 9th, 2002, 09:03 PM
I haven't Played Tomb raider in games, but i seen the Movie..
the half of it.