PDA

View Full Version : Pissed Off!

Decifer
Feb 21st, 2003, 01:52 PM
excuse my subject but i am REALLY really pissed i bought the network adaptor (70$) then i bought a Belkin router and Ethernet cables (90$) and was about to buy everquest but ten bucks short so i thought i will get some money and buy it tommorow well i try and set up my router and get my ps2 online and it work connect every time i try and test connection it fails. My router works cuz my comp is hooked up to it right now. but the damn ps2 and i REALLY REALLY wanna get started on everquest this weekend.

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:43 PM
I would be pssied of if I was you, that some bad news! hope you sort the problem out soon!;)

BTW...can you have clans on EQOA?!?!?!?

jjmoohead
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:19 PM
First off, dan...yes you can,,,its a guild (same thing as a clan)
I'm in THE DEVINE ORDER

Now Decifer...

From what I understand your PS2 works for some games but EQ won't work on the testing phase correct?

Make sure that you dont have it setup to ask for a password to connect cause a router makes so you dont need that.

Set everything to auto aswell. Makes it much easier.

If you cant get the ps2 to work at all with any games, you may have a problem with your connection settings.

I had a simular problem. My games all work with the ps2 and EQ wouldnt work. I did the test and it worked, but when I tried to connect to the game it wouldn't work at all. I just reset both my Internet Box and my router and it has worked ever since.

If this does not help you,. try and be more clear with the problem and re-read your post to make sure you have gotten the exact problem shown clearly, cause i am having a tough time following.

Decifer
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:45 PM
but... thats not my problem its doesnt connect when i try and test connect on my ISP Setup on the start-up disk for the network adaptor and... i found my problem it turns out that my router doesnt work with the network adaptor (as it says on the playstation website) soo... im going to buy a linksys router tonite and HOPEFULLY everything will work out and i can buy Everquest tommorow and start to play..

(p.s) what servers are most of you guys on???

DSgamer
Feb 21st, 2003, 09:45 PM
yeah, buy linksys, they r ok, that's the one im using. If u use linksys allways choose this options

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/arellano_roque/_images/help.jpg

i think this helped jjmoohead

Decifer
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:08 PM
thanks gamer i found info on how to connect on shaw's support website and GUESS WHAT EVERYONE !!! I GOT EVERQUEST LOL! man its kicks ass im a level 5 Warrior (BAR) man everything turned out alright and i picked up everquest today with a game card so ill be busy for awile and im on Castle Lightfoot server any one wanna group?? im getting a usb keyboard on wednesday.:cool: :cool:

DSgamer
Feb 25th, 2003, 12:03 AM
no problem man, maybe some day, we can hook up and kick ass online

Decifer
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:41 AM
y not soon unless your not on the Castle Lightwolf server are you?? and how bout you Jiimoohead are you on CastleLightwolf cuz im level 14 warrior !

jjmoohead
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Hey Decifer, yep thats the place im at too, i just got lev 15 yesterday...i wish I could play more, but University classes are rapping up and i got boat loads of homework to do

jjmoohead
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:08 PM
your saying goodman that the new game with the adaptor is EQOA and not twisted metal black online? Which I have yet to get BTW!