PDA

View Full Version : Mgs3: the patriots? schedule for a 2004 release

dan da man
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:51 AM
here's some news (http://www.mgs2online.com/viewnews.php?id=52) ,check it out and tell your thoughts.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 17th, 2003, 01:16 PM
I tried to take a look at it and there is no news there now.

mark0™
Feb 17th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Its nothing, news posted too early, or its fake, no big deal.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 17th, 2003, 01:47 PM
I just thought he should know.

dan da man
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Yea I thought I would tell guys.....nevermind....on IGN it says the rumours have begun now....so its probally a rumour or could be true.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:54 PM
I'm not goin to worry about it, but I think that would be a good title because I imagine that the third one will have more to do with the patriots.

MakgSnake
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:21 PM
I am pretty sure the game will come out at the end of 2004, like Dec or something. But about that name, I really doubt. I think it would be different. Just a feeling.

Still nice news Dan. Thanks.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:27 PM
I just remembered something, What is up with the poster that says Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel?

MakgSnake
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I just remembered something, What is up with the poster that says Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel?
Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel is the game that has been released for GameBoy Color. I think in the year 2000. I am soo looking forward to that game when I buy my GBA SP. I just hope I find it from anywhere.

It has one of the most intresting villans as well,

"Black Arts Viper"
http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/ghostbabel/japanese/character/pic/viper_l.gif

and

"Marionette Owl"

http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/ghostbabel/japanese/character/pic/owl_l.gif

And the Sweet Chris Jenner

http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/ghostbabel/japanese/character/pic/chris_l.gif

There are many other great characters as well. I just have to play this game. I am so ashamed that I havn't! :disturb:

Here is an Official Web Site. Check it out! :)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (http://jpn00.konami.co.jp/products/ghostbabel/english/)

ssjtrunks13
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:19 AM
I see now, thanks Makg. Now I wish I had got it when I had the chance, unless it's something else from what I'm thinking of. Well, I sure hope you find it and I hope I find. WOuld the SP be the only gameboy you have since the GBC?

The name might be different but The Patriots sounds like as gooas any to start with. Well, I am looking forward to finding out what the actual name is going to be.

dan da man
Feb 19th, 2003, 10:33 AM
No offence, but the villains in that game are a insult to the others mgs games and villains. IMO

MakgSnake
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

No offence, but the villains in that game are a insult to the others mgs games and villains. IMO
I dont know, the second best villan ever (AFTER LIQUID) is Black Arts Viper (Considered by many other MGS fans who have played the game). ... And Viper Vs Snake .. sounds like a good fight as well.

And Trunks... well I have never ever bought GameBoy, SP would be my first one ever. Although I had Very Very OLD Nintendo HandHeld system. I had Donkey Kong and Popey The Sailerman. As before only one game use to be on a HandHeld... (I cant remember what it was actually called though).

Neways... I remember making a thread long time back, asking people to give suggestions about the name for the 3rd Chapter. The one I liked was not liked by other people but oh well... it was
"Metal Gear Solid 3: Death Of The Patriots" ..... I know its stupid but hey its better then "only" Patriots.. .. in my opinion. :right:

dan da man
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Neways... I remember making a thread long time back, asking people to give suggestions about the name for the 3rd Chapter. The one I liked was not liked by other people but oh well... it was
"Metal Gear Solid 3: Death Of The Patriots" ..... I know its stupid but hey its better then "only" Patriots.. .. in my opinion. :right:

"death of the patiots" its a good idea, but it sound like a survival/horror game to me.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:24 AM
I think that's a great title because Snake might finally put a stop to them.

PS2Girl
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:04 PM
sounds awesome

dan da man
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:05 AM

I think that's a great title because Snake might finally put a stop to them.

And raiden, meryl and gray fox;)

Dark Angel
Feb 20th, 2003, 11:18 AM
You don't have Ghost Babel Makg? Not to gloat but it's great....well said on Viper being a better boss, although I'm not sure if he's on par with Liquid but pretty close. The fight at the end of Babel is a lot like Snake's fight with Liquid in MGS1

ssjtrunks13
Feb 20th, 2003, 12:51 PM

And raiden, meryl and gray fox;)

Oh yeah and Raiden too, I don't think there would be anything keeping him from trying to follow Snake. I never played the first game so I didn't think about Meryl and Gray Fox.

MakgSnake
Feb 20th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Dark Angel

You don't have Ghost Babel Makg? Not to gloat but it's great....well said on Viper being a better boss, although I'm not sure if he's on par with Liquid but pretty close. The fight at the end of Babel is a lot like Snake's fight with Liquid in MGS1
Yeah I know....its bad that I dont have that GEM. I do regret not owning it. I wanted to buy it just to decorate, but then other games were there. Now that when I get GBA SP, first game I am going to HUNT DOWN is Ghost Babel. For sure..... :D

And thanks for the Info about the game. I am really looking forward to MG:GB.

Dark Angel
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:15 PM
Well I bought it when I didn't have a GBC, it had just come out and I saw it and bought it, and couldnt play it for about 4 months until I got enough to buy a GBC, it was so enticing, seeing it sitting there unopened. But definetly worth the wait.

MakgSnake
Feb 20th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Dark Angel

Well I bought it when I didn't have a GBC, it had just come out and I saw it and bought it, and couldnt play it for about 4 months until I got enough to buy a GBC, it was so enticing, seeing it sitting there unopened. But definetly worth the wait.
I know exactly what you mean, its just like with my Metal Gear Solid on PC. But yeah Ghost Babel would be really hard for me to get now. Still...I'll try my very best!

As for BACK on TOPIC.... Metal Gear Solid 3 should get a name in a way that "3" could go away from the name. I dont know, I like those kinda names more, for the sequals.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:34 PM

I know exactly what you mean, its just like with my Metal Gear Solid on PC. But yeah Ghost Babel would be really hard for me to get now. Still...I'll try my very best!

As for BACK on TOPIC.... Metal Gear Solid 3 should get a name in a way that "3" could go away from the name. I dont know, I like those kinda names more, for the sequals.

The same here. It would be nice if it was titled; Metal Gear Solid:...(whatever the subtitle is going to be.)

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:20 PM

The same here. It would be nice if it was titled; Metal Gear Solid:...(whatever the subtitle is going to be.)

Eeeerr....it is going to be that, even hideo kojima announced that.

btw Metal Gear Solid3 :...(whatever the subtitle is going to be.);)

ssjtrunks13
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:08 PM
We don't want the three, get that out of there. Even a title without the words 'Metal Gear Solid' is good.

MakgSnake
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:59 AM

Eeeerr....it is going to be that, even hideo kojima announced that.

I dont know if it'll happen or not, as even before back in year 2000, it was all over the place that MGS2 wouldn't get the "2" and all..... but it ended up getting it. Kojima said that it became neccessary to put that (For not causing confusion). I dont know how is that possible.

Neways, MGS2 was supposed to be called "MGS III".. we all know that... so yeah... I think this one will get the number to it as well. But yeah.... I dont want that...

Metal Gear Solid: Death Of The Patriots.. (<--- Example)
Metal Gear Solid: The End Of The Patriots.. (<--- Another one)

Its just like what Kojima has done with "Zone Of Enders". Instead of giving it a name like "Zone Of Enders 2".... its called "Zone Of Enders: 2nd Runner Anubis" Which in my opinion is just an awesome name for a game.

dan da man
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:07 PM

We don't want the three, get that out of there. Even a title without the words 'Metal Gear Solid' is good.

Well I want the three, dont want just metal gear sold - what ever name, mgs3-what ever name what kojima thinks off, I want that:D

ssjtrunks13
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:31 PM

Metal Gear Solid: Death Of The Patriots.. (<--- Example)
Metal Gear Solid: The End Of The Patriots.. (<--- Another one)

Those are really good examples, I couldn't think of any.

Its just like what Kojima has done with "Zone Of Enders". Instead of giving it a name like "Zone Of Enders 2".... its called "Zone Of Enders: 2nd Runner Anubis" Which in my opinion is just an awesome name for a game.

I hope the next Metal Gear Solid game gets a cool one like that.

dan da man
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Those are all cool names, what about this-

Metal gear solid 3: The patriots return, I cant think of any good ones!:P

I seriously think, Solid Sanke, Otacon, Merly, raiden, Gray Fox. should all team up and call themselves like fox hound did, that would be to hot to handle.

P.S. makg you got you ps2 adapter or xbox live yet?

Esjay
Apr 7th, 2003, 12:48 PM
I don't want MGS3 to involve the Patriots, or anything from MGS2, just references, like MGS2 was to MGS1. I would like to see Raiden return as a supportive character though, that would be neato. But I think the game won't be out until late 2005, just a prediction.

mark0™
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Death of The Patriots and that is too Specific IMO

Metal Gear Solid : Patriotism

That would be a good title IMO, vague, short and cool.

I hope after MGS3, there are no more Metal Gear Solids, and make a new series like Metal Gear (whatever), or other games featuring other people in the game other than ~Snake, because Snake should Retire. How about making MGS3 the finale of Metal Gear, and making other games with, say, Grey Fox or Meryl? Or maybe make a new series for Raiden :)

MakgSnake
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:11 PM
I seriously think, Solid Sanke, Otacon, Merly, raiden, Gray Fox. should all team up and call themselves like fox hound did, that would be to hot to handle.
That actually sounds amazing. Something like what Snake and Otacon had "Philanthropy"..... but all those people teaming togather would be KILLING!!! I would LOVE that.

P.S. makg you got you ps2 adapter or xbox live yet?
Not yet, I am getting both on 21st April (My BDAY), and with that I'll be getting Midnight Club 2, I already have SOCOM and Unreal Championship and CapcomVs SNK2. I need more online games though.

Hopefully I'll be the first one to get online whenever Metal Gear: Online comes out, well ofcourse after the editors of the mag.

Hero
Apr 12th, 2003, 05:09 AM
Death of the Patriots sounds like a movie Mel Gibson would make starring some loser from American Pie and some ugly old chick that isn't even worthy of being regarded as *THE* bad asses wife.

I think it will be good if it switches like MGS2, but only if Raiden gets shot and dies, and not by a big boss but by a regular Genome soldier...

I think it's pretty stupid that Revolver is Liquid because he looks questionably gay with his hair flapping in the wind and that old 1800's mustache going on... Revolver is cool... Liquid is cool... Put them together and it's NOT cool... I think in the next one they should have Liquid using that machine from Fifth Element to refabricate his whole body.

merylsilverburg
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:15 PM

Man, I would love that. :D

I would like the title of the third MGS to just be like MGS2..."MGS: Sons of Liberty". I dunno...I just don't like any numbers in the titles, really. :P mark0's name is the best one IMO..."Patriotism" really just stands out...

Mine is probably really stupid, but how about "Metal Gear Solid: March of the Patriots"? :bag:

ssjtrunks13
Apr 16th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Mine is probably really stupid, but how about "Metal Gear Solid: March of the Patriots"? :bag:

I don't care what anyone else thinks, I like it. I think it's better than Patriotism, but that still would be an all right title.

merylsilverburg
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:09 PM

I don't care what anyone else thinks, I like it. I think it's better than Patriotism, but that still would be an all right title.

Phew! Thanks, I'm glad it sounded okay! :phew: :)